ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches and COVID-19 [UPDATE 9/19: FSU head coach diagnosed]

Wow has this thread gotten hijacked.....But in regards to coach Norvell at FSU, obviously is a false positive. He has been tested daily ever since the first test, negative every time. Staff, office personnel, and players are tested every other day, and no positives.
Coach Norvell is at home, doing alot of work on Zoom piped into the practices. He won't be in Miami, the TE/head assistant will be coaching the game. I'm assuming Coach will be piped in thru Zoom, maybe at halftime. Don't know if he will have any other type of communication with his staff during the game.
Truly a shame the position he is in.
I live near Tallahassee and have one of my closest friends on staff there.

Wow has this thread gotten hijacked.....But in regards to coach Norvell at FSU, obviously is a false positive. He has been tested daily ever since the first test, negative every time. Staff, office personnel, and players are tested every other day, and no positives.
Coach Norvell is at home, doing alot of work on Zoom piped into the practices. He won't be in Miami, the TE/head assistant will be coaching the game. I'm assuming Coach will be piped in thru Zoom, maybe at halftime. Don't know if he will have any other type of communication with his staff during the game.
Truly a shame the position he is in.
I live near Tallahassee and have one of my closest friends on staff there.
Thanks for the update about Coach Norvell. Glad he’s doing well. Agree the procedure regarding false positives needs to change.

Yes, most people in the general population will be asymptomatic or virtually so (minimal symptoms). Asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic people, however, are the ones most likely to spread the virus, not the people who are obviously sick.

It's wrong to assume at this point that asymptomatic people are themselves in no long-term danger from the virus. While I hope that's true, our knowledge about the virus is still limited at this point. Many people who recover still have lingering effects - even people with mild cases. Hopefully, that doesn't indicate there will be long-term problems, but again we don't know.

Meanwhile, connecting this back to the thread's topic: the Hawks had good safety protocols going before the brief hiatus and now have the new tests to help strengthen them. Between these things and the players staying clear of places and activities that increase their risk of exposure, the coaching staff and the support personnel can likely avoid exposure.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT