ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Cowherd's Daughter - Liv Cowherd

I don't get the hate for Cowherd though. I find him mildly entertaining. And his NFL picks are solid.

The whole Iowa fake ID thing, meh. If you were being honest with yourself, what he said wasn't far off.

I didnt listen to him, but they would play his cuts on 1600 AM. His disdain for those not living in the largest metros comes through loud and clear. I thought it was funny that people listened to a guy that basically openly hated on anything non coastal.

Group_of_midlife_women_smiling_650_434.jpg

This is probably fairly close.

I didnt listen to him, but they would play his cuts on 1600 AM. His disdain for those not living in the largest metros comes through loud and clear. I thought it was funny that people listened to a guy that basically openly hated on anything non coastal.
Maybe he has changed, I don't hear disdain about the Midwest. I thought he generally talked positively about it. He does follow the West coast teams more, and openly says he does/will because that is where he lives so he has more of a feel of them. Makes sense enough to me.

Maybe he has changed, I don't hear disdain about the Midwest. I thought he generally talked positively about it. He does follow the West coast teams more, and openly says he does/will because that is where he lives so he has more of a feel of them. Makes sense enough to me.

Of all the hosts, I find him to be nails on a chalkboard...but to each their own

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
Those high hip swimsuits (insert any other high hip clothing) do nothing to help her (insert any woman) out on a hotness scale. This fashion trend cannot end soon enough.

having said that, would plow.
I don't understand women's fashion at all. Agree with you on the high hip shit. Also, skinny jeans? How many women look good in those? I'd put it around .01%. Why wear shit that is fashionable yet makes you look like a Midwest 5?

This is the right answer and you hroters know this. Most of you are married ergo sex with someone like this is a dream and face it, single hroters in the 35+ range like me are screwing women with maladjusted children or young adults. This wood be far more than a consolation prize. Even if her eyebrows are Brezhnev and Stalin combined.
Some of we HROTERs have wives that are more attractive and obviously classier than this attention-whoring daughter of an attention whore.

That said, still would. :)

I listened to him for years. I probably still would, but I switched to podcast land and can't take the multi-hour sports radio format anymore. I always liked him. He has an entertaining style. For the vast majority of the time, he was pretty positive on the midwest and Big Ten. Railing on weak schedules was always part of his schtick, hence the Fake ID stuff. It's fine. At his base, he's a west coast guy, Pacific Northwest in particular......but he was also very clear that he was going to spend the majority of his time on the most popular things - lots of elite program talk, Yankees, Notre Dame, Patriots, etc.

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
What he's leaving out in this commentary is that a lot of the distrust, the anti-coastal sentiment, the anti-elitist sentiment, is media generated. The media likes to play us against each other. I say this all the time—I grew up small city Midwest, went to Iowa, went to Alabama-Hunstville, lived in LA, SF, NYC, Chicago. The commonalities far outweigh the differences, and while people from one background or region or lifestyle will make fun of people different than them, there remains basic, fundamental respect. And yet, for some reason, we've been engineered to hate each other, or, resent and distrust one another? Thanks, media! Thanks Twitter and Facebook algorithms!

This is a solid commentary on what happened in 2016. But it leaves out something hugely important to the how. And media, be it Right wing media which is obsessed with the shit Colin was talking about—antiestablishment, anti-elitist, anti-whatever—or social media whose algorithms virtually are designed to pit us against one another, is a huge part of this story.

His implication throughout is that the Left, it's urbanites and media, is the one and only cause of this, well that's revealing his own blind spot.

it is obvious to me that you never actually listened to him. i have never heard him say that he hates anything non coastal.
i have, however, heard him say that he is going to talk about national interest teams because he is doing a national radio show. he will talk mostly about Alabama, Ohio st, Clemson, Lsu, Notre Dame and a few other national brands when discussing ncaa football because they have the most interest. teams like iowa, mizzou, vt, and random big12 team are going to get very little talk time because they have very little national interest.

it is obvious to me that you never actually listened to him. i have never heard him say that he hates anything non coastal.
i have, however, heard him say that he is going to talk about national interest teams because he is doing a national radio show. he will talk mostly about Alabama, Ohio st, Clemson, Lsu, Notre Dame and a few other national brands when discussing ncaa football because they have the most interest. teams like iowa, mizzou, vt, and random big12 team are going to get very little talk time because they have very little national interest.

And his show had very little interest to me and others here. No I never listened. I had enough of him from the drops.

And his show had very little interest to me and others here

if i were you i would not use the opinions of others here as a validation of your own opinion. most of them cant get over the fact that iowa is a 2nd tier, at best, football program and cowherd said as much. i understand that different people like different things, and i can respect that, but you haven't even listen to his show.

i like his show because he actually talks about sports, the games, and has guests that are currently relevant in the sport they are discussing. he does research, has sources, and a lot of the time his opinions are correct. he also is willing to admit when his opinions/predictions are wrong. this doesnt mean that i agree with everything he says or like everything about his show, just that his show covers more of what im interested in sports.

Reactions: hawkifann
if i were you i would not use the opinions of others here as a validation of your own opinion. most of them cant get over the fact that iowa is a 2nd tier, at best, football program and cowherd said as much. i understand that different people like different things, and i can respect that, but you haven't even listen to his show.

i like his show because he actually talks about sports, the games, and has guests that are currently relevant in the sport they are discussing. he does research, has sources, and a lot of the time his opinions are correct. he also is willing to admit when his opinions/predictions are wrong. this doesnt mean that i agree with everything he says or like everything about his show, just that his show covers more of what im interested in sports.

IDGAF what he has said about Iowa. That has zero to do what I think about him. He is a clickbait whore with a punchable face.

Reactions: Chillyhoff

Cowherd loves his blue bloods. He doesn't even try to hide that. He really hates when teams like Iowa upset his blue bloods.

Like I said. I heard him on drops...and that was more than enough.

As for Iowa. A consistent top 25 program is a good realistic expectation with the chance to field a top team once or twice a decade.

I like his show. He does not scream . He has strong opinions but always explains his rationale.
He concedes when he is wrong. Better than any other national show. Sticks to sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT