ADVERTISEMENT

College football 2020 RIP

Trump is the one insisting that schools reopen and that the Coronavirus has been overblown. I can assure you that the B10 and other conferences are not debating about postponing football for political reasons. There is way too much money at stake for that to happen.
I think they are afraid of the liability

Reactions: PhoenixHawk5.0
Lol at those who think this.
Time will tell.

I have yet to see hard numbers on what it would take for college sports to resume.

I look forward to watching the power 5 schools cut $100,000,000 from their budgets. It will be very interesting. To see the liberal media sink liberal institutions. No matter how left you are, somebody is more.

Sadly, I agree that there will be no CFB this year. I dunno how much NFL there will be, either.

What if I told you that no matter what you do they will cancel basketball? Because they will. It's is 100% political. Cancel everything. Shut down everything trucks. Stores. Everything. See what happens.

I think they are afraid of the liability

That is definitely something that needs to be taken into account. I am glad that I do not have to make that decision, but I would also like to see some football this fall. I just dropped off two of my girls at college, one of whom is in the marching band. The band is planning on playing at football games as of today, but the Band Director did admit that this is a fluid situation.

The situation will be the same in spring so they should cancel all sports for the whole year. Even if a vaccine is produced by the end of the year, and that’s a big if, there is no way it will be distributed widely by Feb/Mar when the spring sports gear up. College and young kids will be last in priority to get any vaccine.
If they are not willing to accept the risk now, spring will not be any different.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
What if I told you that no matter what you do they will cancel basketball? Because they will. It's is 100% political. Cancel everything. Shut down everything trucks. Stores. Everything. See what happens.

I would tell you that you may want to put down the pipe and come up for air. You may be correct that basketball is cancelled, but it will not be for politics. It will be because too many people want to act like this virus is no big deal and pretend it does not exist.

That hasn't happened yet, and we're about 6 months in, and 4-5 million casesand almost 200k deaths.

What does the media have to do with it? Baseball, hockey, basketball, soccer, auto racing are all taking place right now. Is the media trying to sabotage these sports? Why is everything a conspiracy with some of you guys?
yes the media just reports everything. Or it's supposed to be that way ..But in many ways the media does control a lot of things. ESPN is a political arm of a political party

That hasn't happened yet, and we're about 6 months in, and 4-5 million casesand almost 200k deaths.
well there have been a lot of covid reported deaths that are not due to covid-19 and due to other things ...and they are pumping up the numbers but putting that aside... I do not think you can have one single death anywhere in the nation without having somebody freaked out. People are afraid that one single death on one single campus will be used as a liability against the college

It’s a pandemic, chief. The virus knows no political party. You think it’s political because your moronic Cheeto is the only world leader trying to down play the virus.

Last edited:
The situation will be the same in spring so they should cancel all sports for the whole year. Even if a vaccine is produced by the end of the year, and that’s a big if, there is no way it will be distributed widely by Feb/Mar when the spring sports gear up. College and young kids will be last in priority to get any vaccine.
If they are not willing to accept the risk now, spring will not be any different.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. It will be no different in the spring.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
If you want sports, ask him to get with sports. If you want something else, ask him about that. You and him should really get along well. I am sure of it.
he needs to get with the sports? And do what exactly? You see how they are all having trouble bickering over the bailout money

I hope you are wrong. I have two girls at school right now. The colleges seem to be taking this seriously based on what we have been told and seen. I hope that this is the case and we do not need to completely shut down again. Everyone needs to be responsible. Wear a mask and stay home if you are not feeling well.

well there have been a lot of covid reported deaths that are not due to covid-19 and due to other things ...and they are pumping up the numbers but putting that aside... I do not think you can have one single death anywhere in the nation without having somebody freaked out. People are afraid that one single death on one single campus will be used as a liability against the college
Really? A lot of Covid reported deaths? Breaking news from Austin everybody. oit is on the scene.

Ins
Time will tell.

I have yet to see hard numbers on what it would take for college sports to resume.

I look forward to watching the power 5 schools cut $100,000,000 from their budgets. It will be very interesting. To see the liberal media sink liberal institutions. No matter how left you are, somebody is more.
You post this same response in every thread. Why don’t you just copy and paste it somewhere so you don’t have to keep retyping it?

Reactions: damayason
yes the media just reports everything. Or it's supposed to be that way ..But in many ways the media does control a lot of things. ESPN is a political arm of a political party

ESPN needs sports more than any other media outlet. They pulled forward the release of The Last Dance because they needed viewers. You really think they want college football and the NFL to be postponed or cancelled? I know you do have a tinfoil hat, but ESPN may not survive if there is no football this fall. It definitely will not look like it did before.

Reactions: Im4Iowa
I hope you are wrong. I have two girls at school right now. The colleges seem to be taking this seriously based on what we have been told and seen. I hope that this is the case and we do not need to completely shut down again. Everyone needs to be responsible. Wear a mask and stay home if you are not feeling well.
let's be honest here... I was in college once. I'm not talking about your daughters specifically but college kids in general. We are talking about mingling and going to bars making out you know the story. I guess I'm not talking about anybody in specific terms but in general college isfor partying. masks probably are not going to do much in this situation.

And when I say I was in college once I mean literally set foot in there once to party and not really study

ADVERTISEMENT