ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Season -Failure

I would say OU is good now but they weren't at the time ISU beat them. And to say Texas is better than any team besides OSU in the Big Ten is just asinine and not based on reality. Iowa, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Indiana could all beat Texas and ISU, same with OU earlier in the year.

So an Iowa fan can admit that teams actually get better as the season progresses? ISU sucks because they lost to Louisiana in first game of season. They didn't step up their level of play at all after that, but OU and Iowa are only teams that improve I guess?

Iowa has beaten no one with winning record. Wisconsin has beaten no one with winning record. Indiana has beaten no one with winning record. Northwestern actually has 2 wins over decent teams. Yet all Iowa fans want to say those teams are so good? Why? At least Oklahoma, Texas, ISU, and Okie State are all playing each other and we can have some games to evaluate. The Big Ten hasn't hardly had shit for games to evaluate but you all think they're far superior with no basis.

Reactions: Marti09
Funny how the ISU fans disappear for years on end and now they are on the Iowa board spouting off because they didn’t play Iowa this fall and winning games in a terrible B12 where scores look more like bball than football. Go back to your board, no one cares about your season since there is no chance the B12 will get a team into the play offs.

Actually, what you've provided but are too witless to recognize is more evidence the B1G shouldn't have #ScrewedThePooch. The SEC and Big 12 have had exactly zero conference games cancelled. The ACC has had two cancelled conference games. Cumulatively, that's a total of two cancellations among the three conferences who handled the situation properly. Meanwhile, due to the virtue signalling of an inept Commissioner, a single conference that mishandled the situation has had 7 conference games cancelled all by themselves.

Other than that, you just about nailed it, Jethro.
Didn't the SEC cancel 4 of 7 games one recent weekend? And hasn't Miami had at least 2 games canceled? Too lazy/uninterested to look it up so I may be wrong.

Didn't the SEC cancel 4 of 7 games one recent weekend? And hasn't Miami had at least 2 games canceled? Too lazy/uninterested to look it up so I may be wrong.

No, the SEC has postponed a few games (something the B1G fiasco made unavailable to the conference), but has cancelled none.

And Miaimi has had zero conference games cancelled. The only two cancellations of conference games among the ACC/SEC/Big 12 were Duke vs Wake, and Duke vs FSU.

Last edited:
So an Iowa fan can admit that teams actually get better as the season progresses? ISU sucks because they lost to Louisiana in first game of season. They didn't step up their level of play at all after that, but OU and Iowa are only teams that improve I guess?

Iowa has beaten no one with winning record. Wisconsin has beaten no one with winning record. Indiana has beaten no one with winning record. Northwestern actually has 2 wins over decent teams. Yet all Iowa fans want to say those teams are so good? Why? At least Oklahoma, Texas, ISU, and Okie State are all playing each other and we can have some games to evaluate. The Big Ten hasn't hardly had shit for games to evaluate but you all think they're far superior with no basis.

Interesting jumps you take in here. Not certain why you are concerned with what Iowa fans think about your team. If the roles were reversed I would be celebrating a historical season(and a little embarrassed that it brings up the 1912 and historical ineptness) but you do you and worry about fans of a team you didn’t even play.

Interesting jumps you take in here. Not certain why you are concerned with what Iowa fans think about your team. If the roles were reversed I would be celebrating a historical season(and a little embarrassed that it brings up the 1912 and historical ineptness) but you do you and worry about fans of a team you didn’t even play.

Just trying to have good debate over why all Iowa fans want to say the Big 12 is so horrible this year. Trying to get reasons other than ISU lost to Louisiana and now they're leading Big 12 so they must be bad. I'm arguing that the Big 12 is every bit as good as the Big Ten this year, which I wouldn't have argued a year ago.

Just trying to have good debate over why all Iowa fans want to say the Big 12 is so horrible this year. Trying to get reasons other than ISU lost to Louisiana and now they're leading Big 12 so they must be bad. I'm arguing that the Big 12 is every bit as good as the Big Ten this year, which I wouldn't have argued a year ago.

I was told by folks on Cyfan, after the Louisiana game, that this year is irrelevant, more of an exhibition type season. Oh how the narrative has changed now that the Clones are going to play for the conference title.

Here’s a bit of advice, rejoice and be absolutely ecstatic, maybe even hang around other Clone fans instead of people who don’t give a shit about your season, because years like this won’t come around very often for ISU

Did I say ISU sucked because they lost that game? What I am saying is OU is the superior team right now, even with both teams making some improvements as most do. OU has made more improvements.
Take a look at the advanced stats. They all show that those teams are just as good. And I didn't say the Big Ten was far superior but it appears you make a habit of strawman arguments. You are bad at this.

Who is ISU's coach in waiting when Campbell leaves? Do they make a run at the Rajin' Cajuns coach?

Ragin Cagins > Purdue

Yeah we both have one bad loss but at least ISU has some wins against teams with winning records. OU and Texas are better than every team in Big Ten not named Ohio State. And please don't give me Indiana, Northwestern, or Wisconsin as teams that would beat ISU, OU, or Texas. Really we don't even know about Ohio State either as they haven't beaten anyone besides Indiana, but they started off the season highly ranked and they pass the "eye test" right? The Big Ten is a freakin' joke this year. 5/14 teams have winning record. Not sure why every Iowa fan wants to discount Big 12 this year when the Big Ten is clearly ina worst state than the Big 12 this season? Because ISU and KState lost their first games against Sun Belt teams? Are Iowa fans judging their team off of the Purdue game only?
Because when the Big 12 played out of conference teams, they looked really bad. It's really not that hard. Losing at home by 17 to a sun belt team, isn't the same as losing on the road to another Big Ten team with our first time starting QB. Wisconsin and NW would absolutely beat all of those teams, and OSU would sh**stomp every team in the Big 12. There is absolutely no reason that ISU should be ranked in front of NW right now. Zero. If you're gonna live in Lala land, stay there where everyone agrees with you.

Congrats on beating Texas, but man, they really tried hard to lose that game. Ehlinger overthrew so many open WR's, in situations, where their coach was calling 50 yard pass plays for no reason. It was so bizarre. On his last run, he didn't even try to easily stretch out for the first down. Just weird to watch a team with no emotion or ambition like Texas. As Hall said, 5 star culture, they didn't even look like they cared to be playing.

Did I say ISU sucked because they lost that game? What I am saying is OU is the superior team right now, even with both teams making some improvements as most do. OU has made more improvements.
Take a look at the advanced stats. They all show that those teams are just as good. And I didn't say the Big Ten was far superior but it appears you make a habit of strawman arguments. You are bad at this.
He's terrible at it.

Because when the Big 12 played out of conference teams, they looked really bad. It's really not that hard. Losing at home by 17 to a sun belt team, isn't the same as losing on the road to another Big Ten team with our first time starting QB. Wisconsin and NW would absolutely beat all of those teams, and OSU would sh**stomp every team in the Big 12. There is absolutely no reason that ISU should be ranked in front of NW right now. Zero. If you're gonna live in Lala land, stay there where everyone agrees with you.

Congrats on beating Texas, but man, they really tried hard to lose that game. Ehlinger overthrew so many open WR's, in situations, where their coach was calling 50 yard pass plays for no reason. It was so bizarre. On his last run, he didn't even try to easily stretch out for the first down. Just weird to watch a team with no emotion or ambition like Texas. As Hall said, 5 star culture, they didn't even look like they cared to be playing.

ISU and KState looked bad in their first games. KU doesn't even count cause they suck. The other 7 teams either didn't play a non-conference or won their non conference game. Again, keep repeating the 0-3 to the Sun Belt conference line.

Keep making excuses for Texas why they lost the game, rather than give ISU credit for an impressive road win.

NW beat Iowa and beat Wisconsin. Yes, those are 2 good wins and the most impressive Big Ten resume. I would argue they are equivalent to ISU beating Texas and Oklahoma. Unfortunately for NW, they haven't played more games and Wisconsin hasn't played more games (who could be ranked higher). They might be better than ISU but they're only 5-1 and have smaller sample size of games.

Ragin Cagins > Purdue

Yeah we both have one bad loss but at least ISU has some wins against teams with winning records. OU and Texas are better than every team in Big Ten not named Ohio State. And please don't give me Indiana, Northwestern, or Wisconsin as teams that would beat ISU, OU, or Texas. Really we don't even know about Ohio State either as they haven't beaten anyone besides Indiana, but they started off the season highly ranked and they pass the "eye test" right? The Big Ten is a freakin' joke this year. 5/14 teams have winning record. Not sure why every Iowa fan wants to discount Big 12 this year when the Big Ten is clearly in worst state than the Big 12 this season? Because ISU and KState lost their first games against Sun Belt teams? Are Iowa fans judging their team off of the Purdue game only?
Nah.....if Iowa State is the best the Big 12 has to offer......and Iowa > Iowa State.........then by proxy:

Iowa > Big 12 :cool:

Deal with it.

ISU and KState looked bad in their first games. KU doesn't even count cause they suck. The other 7 teams either didn't play a non-conference or won their non conference game. Again, keep repeating the 0-3 to the Sun Belt conference line.

Keep making excuses for Texas why they lost the game, rather than give ISU credit for an impressive road win.

NW beat Iowa and beat Wisconsin. Yes, those are 2 good wins and the most impressive Big Ten resume. I would argue they are equivalent to ISU beating Texas and Oklahoma. Unfortunately for NW, they haven't played more games and Wisconsin hasn't played more games (who could be ranked higher). They might be better than ISU but they're only 5-1 and have smaller sample size of games.

Let's play the substitution game and check your honesty level.
Say O$U, Wisconsin and Iowa all lost to Sun Belt teams in non con and then looked really good winning their conference games. What would your opinion of the B1G be for that season?

Reactions: grayhair81
I just don't get Clown fans. Why do you come over here to spout off about how good ISU is? Iowa has won the last 5 straight games. Last year ISU got punked by Notre Dame in the bowl game. Lose to a Sunbelt team to start the season, but now we're supposed to think the Clowns are good? No, more realistic is the Big 12 sucks (0-3 vs Sunbelt) and the Clones are vastly overrated simply because they've played more games.

How many times do you guys regurgitate the Sun Belt line? Again, I'd take Louisiana over Purdue any day of the week. Is Iowa worse than Purdue?

We know nothing about Wisconsin yet. They've played 3 games and lost to the only good team in Northwestern. Illinois and MIchigan are both awful.

Who says anything about ISU getting a pass for their 2 losses? They just actually have some great wins too! More than we can say for all of your Big Ten teams, other than Northwestern.
Why the F are you on this board little brother?

Campbell had shitty shitty camp prep for his team to come out and leave that bad diarrhea of a game in their wake out of the gate.

Why the F are you on this board little brother?

Because it's free and I like to debate. Unfortunately there aren't many rational people here who can back their arguments with anything else other than Clones suck and Big 12 sucks based on 3 non-conference games to start the season. No one has recognized that Iowa's loss to Purdue to open season was equally as bad, if not worse, than ISU's opening season loss.

Let's play the substitution game and check your honesty level.
Say O$U, Wisconsin and Iowa all lost to Sun Belt teams in non con and then looked really good winning their conference games. What would your opinion of the B1G be for that season?
If any of those 3 teams went on to beat Indiana and Northwestern, who were the other top 2 teams in conference and had winning records, and were ranked in top 25 throughout season Id put much more weight on those more recent conference game wins of course vs the first game of season where more concerns were being placed on implementing Covid prevention methods than on playing an opponent.

I do agree with OP that his year is a joke and a should always have an asterisk by it.
OP is also excused from watching the season if he feels that way. I have enjoyed it for what it is, and if the players want to play, well maybe just shut up about it.

OP...and whoever else you post under,

Your blogs on here are getting old. I doubt anyone on here takes you serious with your name. The only reason why people respond is to call out your ridiculous posts, and to correct your awful grammar. Your "I gotcha" mentality paints you as a miserable person. Do this board a favor and delete this fake name...or at least be a man and tell us who you really are.

GO HAWKS!

The big X didn't get to play 3 4 cupcakes this year. All conference games means the teams combined will be .500. It's math...
Right. It’s 9 shitty teams with losing records and 5 good teams but no team ever plays all other 4 good teams like in Big 12. They play majority of shitty teams for their schedule. Then we don’t even know if a team like Ohio State is good though because they have 1 good win.

Because it's free and I like to debate. Unfortunately there aren't many rational people here who can back their arguments with anything else other than Clones suck and Big 12 sucks based on 3 non-conference games to start the season. No one has recognized that Iowa's loss to Purdue to open season was equally as bad, if not worse, than ISU's opening season loss.

Opening game loss on the road to a B1G team with a new starting qb, 24-20 vs home loss to a sun belt team with a multi year starter at qb, 31-14. Add in getting absolutely worked on the last series of the game by Louisiana when they ran it down your throat to end any idea of a comeback.

Too bad ISU and OU are only playing for a conference championship with no chance of a play off spot due to the 2 or 3 losses on your record. And hope you don’t get wood shedded in Dallas by OU.

More proof that college football should never of been played this season and more proof that it should end right now.

These rankings are ridiculous... The Big 12 is the worst conference in the country and they have no less than 4 teams in the top 20. ISU#10 ridiculous, they lost to La. Lafayette 31-14, barely beat UNI 29-26 and have won 5 games by less than a TD. We would beat them by at least 14 if we played them .

Ohio State has only played 4 games and might be done for the season (Covid19) Wisconsin has only played 3 games and may only play a 6 game year. Who in the hell would have Marshall in the top 20?

The Covid19 has effectively ended any legitimacy of having a CFP...Iowa is 4-2 and could go 6-2 but not be the West Champion. Northwestern is 5-1 but their game against Minnesota is cancelled this week so they could go 5-2 with a loss next week or stay 5-1 and despite playing 2 less games than Iowa would still win the division . Either way it’s all over Northwestern has won the West. Indiana could still win the East by going 7-1 despite a loss to Ohio State because OSU may not get in the required 5 game minimum.

Northwestern vs Indiana for Big Ten Title. What a ridiculous situation .

College Football Playoff Rankings, Dec. 1
Alabama (8-0)
Notre Dame (9-0)
Clemson (8-1)
Ohio State (4-0)
Texas A&M (6-1)
Florida (7-1)
Cincinnati (8-0)
Georgia (6-2)
Iowa State (7-2)
Miami (7-1)
Oklahoma (6-2)
Indiana (5-1)
BYU (9-0)
Northwestern (5-1)
Oklahoma State (6-2)
Wisconsin (2-1)
North Carolina (6-3)
Coastal Carolina (9-0)
Iowa (4-2)
USC (3-0)
Marshall (7-0)
Washington (3-0)
Oregon (3-1)
Tulsa (5-1)
Louisiana (8-1

Disagree. Better than nada dude. Or would you rather be sitting down twittling your thumbs?

I'm thankful for what we got knowing next year will be a entire different story.

If any of those 3 teams went on to beat Indiana and Northwestern, who were the other top 2 teams in conference and had winning records, and were ranked in top 25 throughout season Id put much more weight on those more recent conference game wins of course vs the first game of season where more concerns were being placed on implementing Covid prevention methods than on playing an opponent.

Got it, very balanced approach. Not sure it is completely honest but it’s your answer.

OP is our Chicken Little, the sky is falling, Debbie Downer and Jim Jones in one package. It must be hard to be so depressed 24/7.

And you won't find a SINGLE person on here to suggest Iowa is or should be in consideration for the CFP. It is beyond laughable that any Big 12 team would be discussed for that. Cincinnati or even BYU have better claims excluding consideration of a second SEC team. I have watched a lot of college football this year. Oklahoma has their worst team since at least 1999. You guys didn't just get beaten by the Ragin Cajuns, you got physically dominated. It honestly looked a lot like what ND did to you in the bowl. The Big 12 is a joke.

More proof that college football should never of been played this season and more proof that it should end right now.

These rankings are ridiculous... The Big 12 is the worst conference in the country and they have no less than 4 teams in the top 20. ISU#10 ridiculous, they lost to La. Lafayette 31-14, barely beat UNI 29-26 and have won 5 games by less than a TD. We would beat them by at least 14 if we played them .

Ohio State has only played 4 games and might be done for the season (Covid19) Wisconsin has only played 3 games and may only play a 6 game year. Who in the hell would have Marshall in the top 20?

The Covid19 has effectively ended any legitimacy of having a CFP...Iowa is 4-2 and could go 6-2 but not be the West Champion. Northwestern is 5-1 but their game against Minnesota is cancelled this week so they could go 5-2 with a loss next week or stay 5-1 and despite playing 2 less games than Iowa would still win the division . Either way it’s all over Northwestern has won the West. Indiana could still win the East by going 7-1 despite a loss to Ohio State because OSU may not get in the required 5 game minimum.

Northwestern vs Indiana for Big Ten Title. What a ridiculous situation .

College Football Playoff Rankings, Dec. 1
Alabama (8-0)
Notre Dame (9-0)
Clemson (8-1)
Ohio State (4-0)
Texas A&M (6-1)
Florida (7-1)
Cincinnati (8-0)
Georgia (6-2)
Iowa State (7-2)
Miami (7-1)
Oklahoma (6-2)
Indiana (5-1)
BYU (9-0)
Northwestern (5-1)
Oklahoma State (6-2)
Wisconsin (2-1)
North Carolina (6-3)
Coastal Carolina (9-0)
Iowa (4-2)
USC (3-0)
Marshall (7-0)
Washington (3-0)
Oregon (3-1)
Tulsa (5-1)
Louisiana (8-1
Disagree. The only thing wrong with this season is every conference should have played from the beginning.

How many times do you guys regurgitate the Sun Belt line? Again, I'd take Louisiana over Purdue any day of the week. Is Iowa worse than Purdue?

We know nothing about Wisconsin yet. They've played 3 games and lost to the only good team in Northwestern. Illinois and MIchigan are both awful.

Who says anything about ISU getting a pass for their 2 losses? They just actually have some great wins too! More than we can say for all of your Big Ten teams, other than Northwestern.

You're talking a lot of crap for a fan of a team that has pretty much done nothing in the entire history of their program. Lol, ISU has one decent year and suddenly their fans are all puffy chested.

You're talking a lot of crap for a fan of a team that has pretty much done nothing in the entire history of their program. Lol, ISU has one decent year and suddenly their fans are all puffy chested.

As the old saying goes, “the sun shines on a dog’s ass every once in a while” or this one is more fitting, “blind squirrel eventually finds a nut.”

ADVERTISEMENT