ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Survivor Pool - Week 10

Sep 3, 2009
Not much movement this last week, as no major teams lost. Still at 13 survivors and 6 undefeated teams.

If it's your first time playing, or you need a refresher, here are the basic rules:

-You can only pick a team that is currently undefeated.

-You can only pick an FBS team that is playing an FBS team. (don't bank on other players calling you out to help. Google it if you're not sure about a team.

-You can only pick a team once per season!

-If the team you pick wins, you survive to the next week.

-Picks must be made before the kickoff of the game you pick (based ONLY on time stamp of your post) or will be a DQ. They must be made public on this board, NOT a message to me.

- If necessary, we will pick up-to and including "Bowl Week" to determine a winner.

THE SCHEDULE: https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/football/fbs

THE SHEET:

The sheet cannot be edited, but you can track how you are doing and who you have picked so far.

TCU is popular this weekend with 8 picks. Clemson (2), Tennessee (1), OSU (1) and Georgia (1).

My hand was forced with the Clemson pick, since it’s the only remaining undefeated team I haven’t picked yet, but I suspect others might be in the same boat as well. If Clemson wins, could we perhaps make the amendment to the Survival Pool that myself and others be allowed to continue to make picks, using other undefeated teams in conference, until eliminated, thus creating the true Survivor Champion (without the obligatory asterisk)?

iowaflash, I understand your position, but is that fair to those of us that picked Clemson earlier or those who haven't picked them yet in the picks? The asterisk would be if you were allowed to continue and ended up winning. There are just 2 players that were 'forced' to take Clemson due to taking Georgia, Tennessee, TCU, Michigan and Ohio State earlier in the picks.

My hand was forced with the Clemson pick, since it’s the only remaining undefeated team I haven’t picked yet, but I suspect others might be in the same boat as well. If Clemson wins, could we perhaps make the amendment to the Survival Pool that myself and others be allowed to continue to make picks, using other undefeated teams in conference, until eliminated, thus creating the true Survivor Champion (without the obligatory asterisk)?
Um, no.

Reactions: QChawks
iowaflash, I understand your position, but is that fair to those of us that picked Clemson earlier or those who haven't picked them yet in the picks? The asterisk would be if you were allowed to continue and ended up winning. There are just 2 players that were 'forced' to take Clemson due to taking Georgia, Tennessee, TCU, Michigan and Ohio State earlier in the picks.
It’s ok, was only offering an idea for undefeated pickers unable to continue due to original rules set up in the beginning….

It’s ok, was only offering an idea for undefeated pickers unable to continue due to original rules set up in the beginning….
That’s how survivor pools work. Picking the team to win is only part of it. Holding off on teams that you think will be undefeated later in the season is the other part.

Better luck next year.

ADVERTISEMENT