ADVERTISEMENT

College football team reportedly to have several players sit out rest of season to preserve eligibility for transfer

Keagan Johnson?
There have been quite a few people hinting at something with KJ. Wish someone with some insight in the situation would speak up because there's also just a lot of negative posters insisting all our receivers will be transferring bc Ferentz/BFerentz/Petras. His Husker-famous dad has been vocally supportive of Ferentz the past two years and KJ's been given opportunities, so it doesn't have the outward appearance of a KF doghouse situation or a playing time issue. People have been suggesting something is up since before Frost got canned, so it seems unlikely it's UN-L related. Wish someone with an inkling would spell out his situation a little more clearly.

I am starting to wonder if this isn’t the Johnson situation. I wish someone who has actual insight might drop hints.

I think the wheels are going to fall off of the Ferentz Family football train via the portal this off-season.

There have been quite a few people hinting at something with KJ. Wish someone with some insight in the situation would speak up because there's also just a lot of negative posters insisting all our receivers will be transferring bc Ferentz/BFerentz/Petras. His Husker-famous dad has been vocally supportive of Ferentz the past two years and KJ's been given opportunities, so it doesn't have the outward appearance of a KF doghouse situation or a playing time issue. People have been suggesting something is up since before Frost got canned, so it seems unlikely it's UN-L related. Wish someone with an inkling would spell out his situation a little more clearly.

I watched him come up lame holding his hammy in the only game he played. I think he's actually hurt.

There is quite the conspiracy on him though.

The 2024 QB from my old high school is committed to Iowa. Kid has some wheels, especially for a white boy.

Probably using Iowa as a placeholder until something better comes along. Not a chance in hell a QB from Florida actually chose Iowa and this offense

I'm not saying he won't transfer. I probably would if I was in his shoes. But every indication is that he has a nagging injury or injuries and that he is not sitting out to preserve himself to transfer somewhere else.

The thread headline is wrong. They aren't preserving eligibility to transfer. They are preserving redshirt eligibility, which was expanded to 4 games. That has nothing to do with their ability to transfer.

Probably using Iowa as a placeholder until something better comes along. Not a chance in hell a QB from Florida actually chose Iowa and this offense
I believe there is a redshirt freshman O Lineman at Iowa that he went to high school with is at Iowa and that played a part in his commitment. He is a 3 star at this point and didn't have offers from the P5 Florida universities. I believe he was previously considering Wake Forest. So, unless his rating and offers increase, I think it is pretty safe he follows through with commitment to Iowa, but it's still 2 years away.

The thread headline is wrong. They aren't preserving eligibility to transfer. They are preserving redshirt eligibility, which was expanded to 4 games. That has nothing to do with their ability to transfer.

I would not say it has nothing to do with it… Because that makes them more attractive to another college. And they have supposedly stated their goal is to transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT