ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Win Totals

Keep yapping lil sis. You're just a little angry due to the fact that neb has supplanted Iowa in the big ten heirarchy.
Lol, lil bro getting mad?! It's not my fault Iowa kicked the hell out of Neb. Don't get mad at me. Blame Ferentz or hell even Riley. I can't make Neb beat Iowa.

If I were a Nebber I'd focus on moving ahead of Minn in the B1G West hierarchy. Then NW. Baby steps. Don't worry about the big dogs in the West, Iowa & Wis, until you can be considered a middle of the pack West team.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Iowa football, the sneaky little brother of CFB, will rise up and occasionally beat superior teams and then claim greatness.
I'll give Neb being the 5th best program in the West & the 9th best in the league overall but I wouldn't want to argue with a Pur fan that Neb is the better program.

Didn't they just smack you around a year or two ago?!

tOSU
Mich
Wisky
PSU
Neb
The rest of B1G

I'll take the perception of CFB nation that doesn't reside in Iowa.

I'll give Neb being the 5th best program in the West & the 9th best in the league overall but I wouldn't want to argue with a Pur fan that Neb is the better program.

Didn't they just smack you around a year or two ago?!
We won't get into how many times the hapless hawks have been beat down by lesser teams, too numerous and time consuming.

tOSU
Mich
Wisky
PSU
Neb
The rest of B1G

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! No one outside of Nebraska, who isn't over 65 and can only remember the Osbourne win at any cost days, would have the shuckers rated anywhere near that high. Why don't you come back with your drivel some year after Iowa doesn't kick your boys down the field like a game of kick the can. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! No one outside of Nebraska, who isn't over 65 and can only remember the Osbourne win at any cost days, would have the shuckers rated anywhere near that high. Why don't you come back with your drivel some year after Iowa doesn't kick your boys down the field like a game of kick the can. :rolleyes:
Deep thoughts from a fan of the "fake ID of CFB".

tOSU
Mich
Wisky
PSU
Neb
The rest of B1G

And I'll correct your perception of CFB nation that doesn't reside in Iowa or Neb.

Here's the real list since Neb's been a member.

Oh St
Wis
Mich St
Mich
Iowa
Penn St
NW
Minn
Then who the hell cares from here on down. The truth is fun!

Deep thoughts from a fan of the "fake ID of CFB".
Wow, nice to see you come up with some original thoughts there! Its really sad how low Neb has sunk don't you think? I mean if Iowa is the fake ID of college football, and they just don't matter, what does that make Neb, who we take out behind the woodshed? Thats what I thought.....:rolleyes:

And I'll correct your perception of CFB nation that doesn't reside in Iowa or Neb.

Here's the real list since Neb's been a member.

Oh St
Wis
Mich St
Mich
Iowa
Penn St
NW
Minn
Then who the hell cares from here on down. The truth is fun!
Good one. No one outside your fan base believes this, any Iowa thread on the national boards is met with ridicule. Live in your bubble and enjoy Iowas position behind neb.

Good one. No one outside your fan base believes this, any Iowa thread on the national boards is met with ridicule. Live in your bubble and enjoy Iowas position behind neb.
If you switch Neb & Iowa in your post, I'll 100% agree with you. Neb's a joke around the country. Iowa gets respect for being a real program. I know Iowa has a much bigger fanbase & Hawk fans are in all parts of this country but it's literally a Hawkeye Nation out there. If you'll ever travel outside of Neb you'll be amazed at how much Hawkeye stuff you see & how little Neb stuff you'll see.

And don't blame me for Iowa making Neb our whipping boys on the field & for making your fan base seem tiny. I can't make Iowa lose to Neb & I have zero control over so many more people being Hawkeye fans over Neb fans. Zero

If you switch Neb & Iowa in your post, I'll 100% agree with you. Neb's a joke around the country. Iowa gets respect for being a real program. I know Iowa has a much bigger fanbase & Hawk fans are in all parts of this country but it's literally a Hawkeye Nation out there. If you'll ever travel outside of Neb you'll be amazed at how much Hawkeye stuff you see & how little Neb stuff you'll see.

And don't blame me for Iowa making Neb our whipping boys on the field & for making your fan base seem tiny. I can't make Iowa lose to Neb & I have zero control over so many more people being Hawkeye fans over Neb fans. Zero
You have a grand imagination or a brain that is idled by too much legal dooby.

I'd take Neb with under 6 wins in a heartbeat! They feel like a 3-4 win team to me.
Why some of you stick up for this clown is nutty, he/she posts about neb and only neb routinely on the hawk board and then most on here act surprised when he/she is called out. I suppose it's hard to act like a winner when you've never been a winner.

From whom, Joel Klatt and Chad Leistikow? If you are using the bowl games we've been invited to as respect, sure. Otherwise what national talking head has referred to Iowa as a "real program" recently?
I tried to stay out of this but couldn't after the last comment. You do know that the term "Talking Head" is a derogatory comment meaning that there is no thought behind the words. Thus your statement supports the arguments against you, as you comment implying there is no validation for Iowa by a "talking head" means that you have submarined your own argument.

Reactions: Ree4
I tried to stay out of this but couldn't after the last comment. You do know that the term "Talking Head" is a derogatory comment meaning that there is no thought behind the words. Thus your statement supports the arguments against you, as you comment implying there is no validation for Iowa by a "talking head" means that you have submarined your own argument.

Oh I'm sorry, would you feel less offended with the word analyst?

Rocky Mountain,
Absolutely ludicrous. A program with close to 900 wins and 5 national titles is a joke? I get being a Hawk fan, but don't let your personal envy of Nebraska cloud reality. Iowa is a respected program around the country, as is Nebraska. Hawks are even with them since they joined, which is great, and I think that is as far as you should take this. Let's be honest, the Cyclones are not nearly as bad as you make them out also.[/QUOTE]

Since Nebraska joined the Big Ten they have 2 more conference wins than Iowa. 31-18 vs 29-20. The head-to-head record is even at 3-3.

Hardly a sign of big red superiority

Why some of you stick up for this clown is nutty, he/she posts about neb and only neb routinely on the hawk board and then most on here act surprised when he/she is called out. I suppose it's hard to act like a winner when you've never been a winner.
I just have no respect for Neb's program. I guess I'm just like every other CFB fan in America living outside of Neb. They're the 8-10 best program in the B1G. I like watching better football. Probably why I'm a Hawkeye fan.

I just have no respect for Neb's program. I guess I'm just like every other CFB fan in America living outside of Neb. They're the 8-10 best program in the B1G. I like watching better football. Probably why I'm a Hawkeye fan.
You don't spend much time outside your little bubble. All teams have ups and downs, some downs last a few years, some last longer. Nebs worst stretch equals hawks best and the order of teams in the B1G closely match stadium size and attendance. The only truth in your statement above is you don't respect neb and that's great, but you also follow with fake news. It really hurt many in your fan base when neb supplanted Iowa in B1G hierarchy. The way most of you celebrate a win over neb makes it obvious that you are genuinely surprised your team won, otherwise it would be just another win. I can't explain why the hawks can't get motivated to beat isu every year, just like I can't explain why the huskers can't get motivated to beat the hawks every year, but I'll be happy with neb taking 2/3 of the games and giving a third to little bro hawks.

Since Nebraska joined the Big Ten they have 2 more conference wins than Iowa. 31-18 vs 29-20. The head-to-head record is even at 3-3.

Hardly a sign of big red superiority
That's one of the many problems with many over here, I haven't ever read a post stating that neb would dominate the B1G, more fake news. Your numbers show that with all the issues neb has had and all the continuity hawks have had, neb is still as good as the hawks. I fully expect Iowa to win 1/3 of the games against neb. Please relish in the win last year, just think with two more straight wins KF will have evened his record against neb at 5-5, I doubt it happens, but hawk fans can dream.

That's one of the many problems with many over here, I haven't ever read a post stating that neb would dominate the B1G, more fake news. Your numbers show that with all the issues neb has had and all the continuity hawks have had, neb is still as good as the hawks. I fully expect Iowa to win 1/3 of the games against neb. Please relish in the win last year, just think with two more straight wins KF will have evened his record against neb at 5-5, I doubt it happens, but hawk fans can dream.
Damn, I'm going to send u a "Hawkeye lil bro & damn proud of it" t-shirt. What's your address & in what piece of crap Neb town do you live in?

My guess is a 9-3 (6-3 B1G) season, with an 8-10 range on wins. I feel we get one big upset at home.

Wyoming - W
@ Iowa State - W
North Texas - W
PSU - L
@MSU - W
Illinois - W
@Northwestern - L
Minnesota - W
Ohio State - W (replaced a ton on defense, contain Barrett and make him pass)
@Wisconsin - L
Purdue - W
@Nebraska - W
Hmm, I'll take it.

That's because all the domination of Big 10 talk started year before and first year or 2 of joining the conference. Then reality set in... So yeah unless you go back 5 years you aren't going to read any of that. Not fake news just use common sense and logic. But hey just think 2 more wins and Riley could also even his record with Iowa since he is currently 0-2.

If the Hawks beat them in Lincoln this year, do you think the Husker fans will give up this schtick??? Or will it be more of the "well we ruled the 90s" stuff?

It will be glorious when the Hawks win in Lincoln this year. They will want to run the old coach right out of town. Loved the quote from the Nebraska D coordinator last year about how Iowa's practices must be blood bathes. yeah coach the Hawks play tough and old Kirk ran up the score or at least allowed that to happen which was so un-Kirk like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT