ADVERTISEMENT

Collin oppression

Kaepernick now has lucrative production deals with Netflix and Disney/ESPN, in addition to all the money he gets from Nike. Pretending to be blacklisted from the NFL has been very good for business.

Well, I'm not sure about your characterization of "pretending to be blacklisted", but do you really think that's why he's popular/good for his business? The martyr aspect?

Well, I'm not sure about your characterization of "pretending to be blacklisted", but do you really think that's why he's popular/good for his business? The martyr aspect?
Of course. Martyrs are sympathetic characters, but they need a villain. If Kaepernick had just quietly retired from the NFL three years ago he wouldn’t have production deals and shoe contracts right now.

Of course. Martyrs are sympathetic characters, but they need a villain. If Kaepernick had just quietly retired from the NFL three years ago he wouldn’t have production deals and shoe contracts right now.
Wrong again. He made a statement, peacefully, that caused many to expose themselves - including the President - with antiquated and racially ignorant ideology. He is now held in similar regard to Tommie Smith and John Carlos - rightfully so.

That Kapernick made money therefore no racism? There is a reason Ben prefers to debate 19 year old college kids.

Who said there’s no racism?

Are we required to like Colin Kaepernick for some reason?

Wrong again. He made a statement, peacefully, that caused many to expose themselves - including the President - with antiquated and racially ignorant ideology. He is now held in similar regard to Tommie Smith and John Carlos - rightfully so.
If Kaepernick had simply retired from the NFL in 2016 instead of perpetuating the myth that he’s been ‘blacklisted’ he wouldn’t be making anywhere near as much money today as he is. That’s not even debatable.

Reactions: mstp1992

It couldn't be for what he stands (kneels) for? That he's became an icon for a movement (BLM) that you may have noticed has gotten world wide popularity?

I'm not especially "woke" but it's not my impression that the NFL has been characterized as some awful villain nor are they especially hurting from it. My impression is that the villain would be more along the lines of police brutality / systemic racial inequality.

There's betting lines for which team Kaep is mostly likely to sign with, do you think his production deals and shoe contracts will go away if he can no longer pretend to be blacklisted by the NFL?

colin-kaepernick-socks-police-pigs-protest-49ers-national-anthem.jpg

There's betting lines for which team Kaep is mostly likely to sign with, do you think his production deals and shoe contracts will go away if he can no longer pretend to be blacklisted by the NFL?
They won't go away completely because most of the people he has convinced aren't going to change their minds. And I think it's hilarious that Baltimore is the odds-on favorite to sign Kaepernick. I guess the people wasting their money on that bet never saw this tweet:

If Kaepernick had simply retired from the NFL in 2016 instead of perpetuating the myth that he’s been ‘blacklisted’ he wouldn’t be making anywhere near as much money today as he is. That’s not even debatable.
It is debatable - we're doing it. His marketability has risen again because of the new protests. He quietly led the efforts years ago with his own peaceful statement. He is now seen as a founder and leader of efforts to grant equality to all. It pisses Trump and his supporters off which makes him even more popular for marketers.

You're wrong a lot.

They won't go away completely because most of the people he has convinced aren't going to change their minds. And I think it's hilarious that Baltimore is the odds-on favorite to sign Kaepernick. I guess the people wasting their money on that bet never saw this tweet:

I don't understand that tweet, so I don't get the hilarity, but the report I saw said the Chargers were the favorites per the betting lines. Do you count yourself in the group of people convinced that won't change their minds?

Do you think Colin tricked/hired/persuaded Joe Lockhart to help continue Kaep's pretend/ruse?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/opin...-to-sign-colin-kaepernick-lockhart/index.html

If this is going to devolve into a semantics argument where you show that the NFL did not have an official blacklist policy signed by the commissioner and all the owners as proof that he wasn't blackballed then we can just skip that part.

Collin Kaepernick is a much better quarterback than ben shapiro is a journalist. And Kaepernick isn't that much of a quarterback.

It is debatable - we're doing it. His marketability has risen again because of the new protests. He quietly led the efforts years ago with his own peaceful statement. He is now seen as a founder and leader of efforts to grant equality to all. It pisses Trump and his supporters off which makes him even more popular for marketers.

You're wrong a lot.
You're not debating. You're being contrarian. You just don't understand the difference. The protests have certainly helped bring him back into the spotlight again. I never said they didn't. Twitter and Netflix both donated millions of dollars to Kaepernick's Know Your Rights organization shortly after George Floyd was murdered.

But that's not my point. There's no disputing the fact that him periodically making noise about how he has been 'blacklisted' from the NFL has also served to bring him back into the spotlight when it was beneficial to help sell shoes or jerseys. Claiming to be 'blacklisted' from the NFL makes him a much more sympathetic and marketable icon than if he had just quietly retired instead.

What statement was he making when he wore “pig” socks and the Che Guevara shirt? What statement is he making signing huge endorsements with a company that uses child labor and makes their shoes in sweatshops? He’s a hypocrite who’s cashing in at the expense of others.

You guys have no idea what life is like for Kaepernick— growing up with two married white parents, upper middle class, in an affluent neighborhood, a free college education, millions of dollars. He’s half black. His struggle is real.

:rolleyes:

I don't understand that tweet, so I don't get the hilarity, but the report I saw said the Chargers were the favorites per the betting lines. Do you count yourself in the group of people convinced that won't change their minds?

Do you think Colin tricked/hired/persuaded Joe Lockhart to help continue Kaep's pretend/ruse?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/opin...-to-sign-colin-kaepernick-lockhart/index.html

If this is going to devolve into a semantics argument where you show that the NFL did not have an official blacklist policy signed by the commissioner and all the owners as proof that he wasn't blackballed then we can just skip that part.
This is not an issue of semantics. I take it you've never seen "Django Unchained"? Leonardo DiCaprio played a brutal plantation owner and Samuel L Jackson played his loyal house slave who would periodically rat out other slaves, resulting in them suffering horrific punishment, in order to further ingratiate himself with the plantation master.

The photo in the tweet by Kaepernick's girlfriend juxtaposes DiCaprio's and Jackson's characters with Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and Hall of Fame former Raven Ray Lewis. Prior to the start of the 2017 season, Baltimore needed to add depth at QB because Joe Flacco was recovering from surgery. Lewis lobbied Bisciotti to sign Kaepernick and Bisciotti was in the final stages of preparing a contract offer when Diab sent out that tweet and firebombed the deal.

I will be stunned if Steve Bisciotti ever offers Kaepernick a job after that.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
You're not debating. You're being contrarian. You just don't understand the difference. The protests have certainly helped bring him back into the spotlight again. I never said they didn't. Twitter and Netflix both donated millions of dollars to Kaepernick's Know Your Rights organization shortly after George Floyd was murdered.

But that's not my point. There's no disputing the fact that him periodically making noise about how he has been 'blacklisted' from the NFL has also served to bring him back into the spotlight when it was beneficial to help sell shoes or jerseys. Claiming to be 'blacklisted' from the NFL makes him a much more sympathetic and marketable icon than if he had just quietly retired instead.
Lol - I'm not sure you know what contrarian means. Hint - I'm not being contrarian. If anyone is, you are.

The so called "blacklist" is way down on the least of his market appeal. His message, his treatment by the far right and the President, his philanthropy and the issues of the day go much, much further driving his appeal.

You're wrong a lot.
Please explain to me where the US doesn’t have “equality for all”? I know that is a nice buzz phrase but it makes zero sense. This is what you support. Do you despise the US too? Do you think that the thoughts on slavery should apply to the white slaves of North Africa or slavery that exists today or only to one place in a small snapshot in history? Do you think tweets like this create division and hostility?

Lol - I'm not sure you know what contrarian means. Hint - I'm not being contrarian. If anyone is, you are.

The so called "blacklist" is way down on the least of his market appeal. His message, his treatment by the far right and the President, his philanthropy and the issues of the day go much, much further driving his appeal.
His activism makes him marketable. The myth that he has been blacklisted from the NFL makes him significantly more marketable than if he was just a retired player who transitioned to activism. If three years ago he sent out a press release that he was retiring from playing football to focus on social activism, he wouldn’t be making nearly as much money now as he is being the guy who says he desperately wants to play football but can’t because the NFL is conspiring against him.

I suppose there’s really no reason why I should be surprised that fact sails comfortably over your head.

Reactions: tellin the truth
His activism makes him marketable. The myth that he has been blacklisted from the NFL makes him significantly more marketable than if he was just a retired player who transitioned to activism. If three years ago he sent out a press release that he was retiring from playing football to focus on social activism, he wouldn’t be making nearly as much money now as he is being the guy who says he desperately wants to play football but can’t because the NFL is conspiring against him.

I suppose there’s really no reason why I should be surprised that fact sails comfortably over your head.
You're simply wrong again. Not to mention, why should he have "quietly retired" when he still wanted to play? Oh, yeah - because angry white people were upset with him. :rolleyes:

The only reason he is so marketable is due to Trump and his followers reactions to his peaceful protest. And that grinds their gears. I think it's very apropos.

You're simply wrong again. Not to mention, why should he have "quietly retired" when he still wanted to play? Oh, yeah - because angry white people were upset with him. :rolleyes:

The only reason he is so marketable is due to Trump and his followers reactions to his peaceful protest. And that grinds their gears. I think it's very apropos.
He. doesn’t. want. to. play. He proved that with Baltimore in 2017. He proved that last fall when the NFL organized a special league-wide workout just for him and he bailed out on reps from two dozen teams who had already flown into Atlanta from all across the country just to see him.

He wants people to think that he still wants to play but is being blacklisted. Because that helps sell shoes and jerseys and Netflix documentaries. And it’s a successful strategy because there are enough idiots like you who actually believe him.

Reactions: Chillyhoff
He. doesn’t. want. to. play. He proved that with Baltimore in 2017. He proved that last fall when the NFL organized a special league-wide workout just for him and he bailed out on reps from two dozen teams who had already flown into Atlanta from all across the country just to see him.

He wants people to think that he still wants to play but is being blacklisted. Because that helps sell shoes and jerseys and Netflix documentaries. And it’s a successful strategy because there are enough idiots like you who actually believe him.
Yep! And then when someone agrees to give him a shot he’ll ask for a ridiculous amount of money to kill the deal.

This is not an issue of semantics. I take it you've never seen "Django Unchained"? Leonardo DiCaprio played a brutal plantation owner and Samuel L Jackson played his loyal house slave who would periodically rat out other slaves, resulting in them suffering horrific punishment, in order to further ingratiate himself with the plantation master.

The photo in the tweet by Kaepernick's girlfriend juxtaposes DiCaprio's and Jackson's characters with Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and Hall of Fame former Raven Ray Lewis. Prior to the start of the 2017 season, Baltimore needed to add depth at QB because Joe Flacco was recovering from surgery. Lewis lobbied Bisciotti to sign Kaepernick and Bisciotti was in the final stages of preparing a contract offer when Diab sent out that tweet and firebombed the deal.

I will be stunned if Steve Bisciotti ever offers Kaepernick a job after that.

I had seen the movie, but I didn't understand why Ray Lewis would ever be compared to Jackson's character. I also didn't realize the tweeter was/is Kaep's girlfriend.

My semantics comment was with respect to "blacklisting" by the NFL. I'm certain that the NFL didn't have an official policy with respect to blacklisting Kaep. Was he effectively blacklisted as a result of the kneeling and all of the publicity that came with, it seems that way. That's the path I don't have much interest in going down.

I don't believe that Kaep is popular primarily because he's viewed as a victim of the NFL.

Reactions: ironside1
Kaepernick now has lucrative production deals with Netflix and Disney/ESPN, in addition to all the money he gets from Nike. Pretending to be blacklisted from the NFL has been very good for business.

Man, where do I sign up to pretend to be blacklisted from the NFL and get paid millions if that is all it took?

Last edited:
You guys have no idea what life is like for Kaepernick— growing up with two married white parents, upper middle class, in an affluent neighborhood, a free college education, millions of dollars. He’s half black. His struggle is real.

:rolleyes:

Who said Kap had a rough upbringing?

I don't believe that Kaep is popular primarily because he's viewed as a victim of the NFL.
It’s not the only reason he’s popular but it certainly helps his cause. Sort of like how Trump accusing the media of being out to get him isn’t the only reason his base likes him, but it certainly gets them fired up.

It’s not the only reason he’s popular but it certainly helps his cause. Sort of like how Trump accusing the media of being out to get him isn’t the only reason his base likes him, but it certainly gets them fired up.

It sounds like your mind is made up and can't be convinced otherwise. I guess Nike is covered either way, they sponsor Kaep the victim pretender and the NFL who is apparently the villain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT