ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado St got robbed for Indiana and UCLA

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
Top 30 RPI.....27-6 and didn't get in? Wow.

Gottlieb ripped on UCLA...rightfully so.

This post was edited on 3/15 5:39 PM by JRHawk2003

It's the UCLA pick.... they threw them in because it would've looked terrible if a big time conference like the PAC 12 got the same number of teams in as the Mountain West

Originally posted by final_flashx:
It's the UCLA pick.... they threw them in because it would've looked terrible if a big time conference like the PAC 12 got the same number of teams in as the Mountain West
If the shoe fits....

Yeah, I get it...brand names get the benefit of the doubt, but this is one of the worst I have seen.

roll.r191677.gif
@ the selection char, we watched UCLA over the last month and felt like they were gaining steam? OK...

Originally posted by cg8284:
UCLA shouldn't have been in but either should CSU. Look at their schedule and who they beat. Nobody.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
The blind eye test tells me 27-6 and RPI of 30 is IN, according to what the committee has done in the past. We can debate who they beat all day, but based on what the committee claims to have used in the past. CSU should have been in.

Originally posted by IowaHa...B4Life:
Originally posted by cg8284:
UCLA shouldn't have been in but either should CSU. Look at their schedule and who they beat. Nobody.
The blind eye test tells me 27-6 and RPI of 30 is IN, according to what the committee has done in the past. We can debate who they beat all day, but based on what the committee claims to have used in the past. CSU should have been in.

They are the prime example of jobbing the RPI. Teams do it every year.

I agree CSU got hosed, but it was Wyoming doing the hosing. At least a first four?

UCLA should not be in. The preseason was joke. Good old Alford and his cup cakes

Originally posted by hawkdd:
UCLA should not be in. The preseason was joke. Good old Alford and his cup cakes
UCLA may not deserve to be in, but to blame their OOC schedule is flat out idiotic.

Oklahoma
Kentucky
North Carolina
Gonzaga
Coastal Carolina
UAB

Colorado State is an example of how ridiculous the RPI is. All the other statistical metrics that are much more scientific show a much different rank from the RPI. RPI was 29 going into today, but BPI is 57, KenPom is 68, and Sagarin is 55.

Originally posted by Legend12:
UCLA may not deserve to be in, but to blame their OOC schedule is flat out idiotic.

Oklahoma
Kentucky
North Carolina
Gonzaga
Coastal Carolina
UAB
Except that they lost all of those games....except for the afore mentioned cupcakes in yr short list. Yes, they played a decent OOC but aren't they supposed to win some of those games for it to actually be considered a good thing?

Originally posted by Legend12:

Oklahoma
Kentucky
North Carolina
Gonzaga
Coastal Carolina
UAB
Lost to OU by 20
Lost to UK by 40 - and had 7 points in the first half.
Lost to UNC by 20
Lost to Gonzaga by double digits
Coastal Carolina and UAB.. Really - that's what they are hanging their hat on?!?!!?!?

Indiana didn't deserve it with 13 losses to top 150 teams, but UCLA c'mon..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT