ADVERTISEMENT

Combine

Nice article. Iowa has put some great players in the NFL Many who played well above their draft round. That is why I was so surprised King did not get drafted sooner last year. Maybe some other teams will see what King did in 2017 and take a chance on even more Hawkeyes.

Reactions: Herkmeister
thanks for the link
do these folks even proofread? lol

"Kittle: Josh, from his play, is obviously very good. You can just watch the Ohio State game and that’s his highlight reel. You can ask him, but I feel like his story is similar to what I told you last year about me; wasn’t playing as much and made some decisions to change some things and then he started playing a lot this year and last year. I could tell the difference from him during his first two years in college versus his last two years. It’s a complete difference in his attitude and work ethic. He sat down and decided what really matters to him."

For those who seem to think guys can't improve and are just wasting away because ole man ferentz doesn't like them(or whatever reason)......

James Daniels is not participating in the 40 yard dash and he posted 21 reps on the bench.

He's getting praised by Mayock and other on the NFL Network right now. One of the commentators just said "he's the cleanest offensive line prospect in the draft." Another just said he compares favorably to Rodney Hudson. They're emphasizing that he's only 20 years old and multiple guys just said that after a couple years in the weight room he could be one of the premier interior offensive lineman in the league. Good stuff.

So can anyone tell me how Daniels is doing? Not much coming out about him, not a good.

He is getting alot of love. Words like smooth and fluid. Lots of talk about technique and intelligence in the interview. Sounds like he us doing very well for himself.

Check out @hawkcentral’s Tweet:

So can anyone tell me how Daniels is doing? Not much coming out about him, not a good sign.

Seriously though, awesome to hear. How we don't have 5-10 highly rated OL recruits (like James) beating down Kirk's door every year to commit is beyond me.
I guess we can all stop wondering why James left early for the draft. Pretty obvious he got excellent feedback from the NFL folks.

Reactions: nu2u
I guess we can all stop wondering why James left early for the draft. Pretty obvious he got excellent feedback from the NFL folks.
Yep and he seems to be a super high character guy and being 20 years old these NFL guys have to be very excited by his prospects. I wonder how high he can get picked realistically

Something's missing. Surprised no one has jumped on this yet. Let me be the first..........

pussies! I do 20 reps as a warm-up set. Its no wonder the Iowa line gets pushed around. Fat Cat Doyle needs to go.

So you should be able to line up across from them and beat them huh???

Well it does make you wonder why our running game is so sub Wisconsin when we put so many lineman in the pros.

Any thoughts anyone ? It seems like our running game should be better with this kind of talent. No ?

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT