ADVERTISEMENT

Combined conference record of remaining opponents is 2-12

Ray Kinsella

HB Heisman
Oct 1, 2001
Omaha, NE (b&r Dyersville, IA)
And those 2 wins were Nebraska over Minnesota and Minnesota over Purdue. So take those two games out, and the combined conference record is 0-10!

On the flip side, the 3 teams Iowa has beaten are otherwise 4-1 in the conference.

And those 2 wins were Nebraska over Minnesota and Minnesota over Purdue. So take those two games out, and the combined conference record is 0-10!

On the flip side, the 3 teams Iowa has beaten are otherwise 4-1 in the conference.

The truth is that we could lose to any of them. There is reason for optimism, but I think Hawk fans need to pump the brakes a bit.

The same analysts who are criticizing Iowa's future schedule and implying that they shouldn't move up a lot should they happen to beat their remaining opponents aren't penalizing teams like Baylor and TCU (among others) for having played extremely soft schedules to date.

I think we want Nebraska to win so it gives us a bit more cushion in case things go south.

The same analysts who are criticizing Iowa's future schedule and implying that they shouldn't move up a lot should they happen to beat their remaining opponents aren't penalizing teams like Baylor and TCU (among others) for having played extremely soft schedules to date.
That's because we are not as pretty as they are.

I think we want Nebraska to win so it gives us a bit more cushion in case things go south.
I could see Nebraska get some momentum and ruin our season. It would be their remedy to a terrible season.

I don't think so. Both have 2 losses, and Iowa has the tiebreaker edge to Northwestern. If Iowa loses to Nebraska and someone else, Nebraska would win the tiebreaker over Iowa.
This is correct. Iowa wants Wisconsin and Nebraska to lose again to give a little more breathing room.

The truth is that we could lose to any of them. There is reason for optimism, but I think Hawk fans need to pump the brakes a bit.
Nebby's record is deceptive. I'm afraid they're finally getting their sh*t together and will be an extremely tough out on Black Friday.

I don't think so. Both have 2 losses, and Iowa has the tiebreaker edge to Northwestern. If Iowa loses to Nebraska and someone else, Nebraska would win the tiebreaker over Iowa.

Understandable. I can see NW winning that game, but we may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for them, and they may choke the rest of the season.

I could see Nebraska get some momentum and ruin our season. It would be their remedy to a terrible season.

I think we all know that's their Super Bowl of the season. They'll do whatever it takes to rain on our parade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT