ADVERTISEMENT

Comrade Harris said J6 was worse than 9/11

Dec 31, 2014
For political gain. Scum.

Todd: Our home number is XXX-XXX-1073. You have the same name as my wife. Lisa. We’ve been married for 10 years. She’s pregnant with our 3rd child. Tell her that I love her (choking up) I’ll always love her..(clearing throat) We have two boys. David, he’s 3 and Andrew, he’s 1. Tell them (choking) tell them that their daddy loves them and that he is so proud of them. (clearing throat again) Our baby is due January 12th. I saw an ultra sound. It was great. We still don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy ... ... ... Lisa?

Lisa: (barely able to speak) I’ll tell them, I promise Todd.

Todd: I’m going back to the group -- if I can get back I will...

Lisa: Todd, leave this line open...are you still there?

Lisa: (dials the phone) Hello, FBI, my name is Lisa Jefferson, I’m a telephone supervisor for GTE. I need to report a terrorist hijacking of a United Airlines Flight 93...Yes I’ll hold.

Goodwin: Hello, this is Agent Goodwin. I understand you have a hijacking situation?

Lisa: Yes sir, I’ve been talking with a passenger, a Todd Beamer, on Flight 93 who managed to get to an air phone unnoticed.

Goodwin: Where did this flight originate, and what was its destination?

Lisa: The flight left Newark New Jersey at 8 A.M. departing for San Francisco. The hijackers took over the plane shortly after takeoff, and several minutes later the plane changed course -- it is now flying east.

Goodwin: Ms. Jefferson, I need to talk to someone aboard that plane. Can you get me thru to the planes phone?

Lisa: I still have that line open sir, I can patch you through on a conference call. Hold a mo...

Todd: Hello Lisa, Lisa are you there?

Lisa: Yes, I’m here. Todd, I made a call to the FBI, Agent Goodwin is on the line and will be talking to you as well.

Todd: The others all know that this isn’t your normal hijacking. Jeremy called his wife again on his cell phone. She told him more about the World Trade Center and all.

Goodwin: Hello Todd. This is Agent Goodwin with the FBI. We have been monitoring your flight. Your plane is on a course for Washington, DC. These terrorists sent two planes into the World Trade Center and one plane into the Pentagon. Our best guess is that they plan to fly your plane into either the White House or the United States Capital Building.

Todd: I understand. Hold on...I’ll...I’ll be back..

Lisa: Mr. Goodwin, how much time do they have before they get to Washington?

Goodwin: Not long ma’am. They changed course over Cleveland; they’re approaching Pittsburgh now. Washington may be twenty minutes away.

Todd: (breathing a little heavier) The plane seems to be changing directions just a little. It’s getting pretty rough up here. The plane is flying real erratic. We’re not going to make it out of here. Listen to me. I want you to hear this. I have talked with the others -- we have decided we would not be pawns in these hijackers suicidal plot.

Lisa: Todd, what are you going to do?

Todd: We’ve hatched a plan. Four of us are going to rush the hijacker with the bomb. After we take him out, we’ll break into the cockpit. A stewardess is getting some boiling water to throw on the hijackers at the controls. We’ll get them and we’ll take them out. Lisa, will you do one last thing for me?

Lisa: Yes. What is it?

Todd: Would you pray with me?

They pray

Todd: (softer) God help me...Jesus help me...(clears throat and louder)

Todd: Are you guys ready?

Todd Morgan Beamer: Let’s Roll...

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
If one is looking objectively at which event had the potential to damage the American project (i.e. being the leading light in democracy for the world) Jan. 6 was far worse than Sept. 11.
Yeah, let's run with that.

OP, aka Simple Jack...
Oooo, I'm so stealing that!

936pfn.gif

Care to discuss?

Let's start with an easy question - in the wake of which event did the nation rally together as one and show unity to make sure it never happened again and in the wake of which event did our country apart even worse than ever?
That answers the question. One was so horrible that it brought us ALL together. One was a political stunt that has been used for political points for years. Jesus christ dude. Wtf?

Care to discuss?

Let's start with an easy question - in the wake of which event did the nation rally together as one and show unity to make sure it never happened again and in the wake of which event did our country apart even worse than ever?
Personally, I think it's inappropriate to even attempt to compare the two; especially considering there is a clear agenda in the comparison. Regardless, I'll "discuss"...

9/11 was a major threat to the country as a whole, putting national security and public safety at risk (not to mention the horrifying loss of life). On the other hand, the January 6th attack was a direct threat to our democratic system and its processes. They're both serious, but they were threats in different ways.

If one is looking objectively at which event had the potential to damage the American project (i.e. being the leading light in democracy for the world) Jan. 6 was far worse than Sept. 11.
I agree with Harris.

Another way to look at it is accountability. The perps of 911 were held accountable....J6? It sickens me DJT was not held responsible for his actions that day.

For political gain. Scum.

Todd: Our home number is XXX-XXX-1073. You have the same name as my wife. Lisa. We’ve been married for 10 years. She’s pregnant with our 3rd child. Tell her that I love her (choking up) I’ll always love her..(clearing throat) We have two boys. David, he’s 3 and Andrew, he’s 1. Tell them (choking) tell them that their daddy loves them and that he is so proud of them. (clearing throat again) Our baby is due January 12th. I saw an ultra sound. It was great. We still don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy ... ... ... Lisa?

Lisa: (barely able to speak) I’ll tell them, I promise Todd.

Todd: I’m going back to the group -- if I can get back I will...

Lisa: Todd, leave this line open...are you still there?

Lisa: (dials the phone) Hello, FBI, my name is Lisa Jefferson, I’m a telephone supervisor for GTE. I need to report a terrorist hijacking of a United Airlines Flight 93...Yes I’ll hold.

Goodwin: Hello, this is Agent Goodwin. I understand you have a hijacking situation?

Lisa: Yes sir, I’ve been talking with a passenger, a Todd Beamer, on Flight 93 who managed to get to an air phone unnoticed.

Goodwin: Where did this flight originate, and what was its destination?

Lisa: The flight left Newark New Jersey at 8 A.M. departing for San Francisco. The hijackers took over the plane shortly after takeoff, and several minutes later the plane changed course -- it is now flying east.

Goodwin: Ms. Jefferson, I need to talk to someone aboard that plane. Can you get me thru to the planes phone?

Lisa: I still have that line open sir, I can patch you through on a conference call. Hold a mo...

Todd: Hello Lisa, Lisa are you there?

Lisa: Yes, I’m here. Todd, I made a call to the FBI, Agent Goodwin is on the line and will be talking to you as well.

Todd: The others all know that this isn’t your normal hijacking. Jeremy called his wife again on his cell phone. She told him more about the World Trade Center and all.

Goodwin: Hello Todd. This is Agent Goodwin with the FBI. We have been monitoring your flight. Your plane is on a course for Washington, DC. These terrorists sent two planes into the World Trade Center and one plane into the Pentagon. Our best guess is that they plan to fly your plane into either the White House or the United States Capital Building.

Todd: I understand. Hold on...I’ll...I’ll be back..

Lisa: Mr. Goodwin, how much time do they have before they get to Washington?

Goodwin: Not long ma’am. They changed course over Cleveland; they’re approaching Pittsburgh now. Washington may be twenty minutes away.

Todd: (breathing a little heavier) The plane seems to be changing directions just a little. It’s getting pretty rough up here. The plane is flying real erratic. We’re not going to make it out of here. Listen to me. I want you to hear this. I have talked with the others -- we have decided we would not be pawns in these hijackers suicidal plot.

Lisa: Todd, what are you going to do?

Todd: We’ve hatched a plan. Four of us are going to rush the hijacker with the bomb. After we take him out, we’ll break into the cockpit. A stewardess is getting some boiling water to throw on the hijackers at the controls. We’ll get them and we’ll take them out. Lisa, will you do one last thing for me?

Lisa: Yes. What is it?

Todd: Would you pray with me?

They pray

Todd: (softer) God help me...Jesus help me...(clears throat and louder)

Todd: Are you guys ready?

Todd Morgan Beamer: Let’s Roll...
What heroes. This is why America will be fine.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
She did state a threat to our democracy. 9/11 was never a threat to our democracy. That is not to minimize 9/11. However at no time did I feel the government could get overthrown in 9/11, I truly thought it was a possibility on January 6th. When they started chanting hang Pence, you had them overrunning the building, for me that was scary.

And just to verify we are all on the same page, Trump was gleeful when they overran the capital building. I think he actually thought they could get him back in power some how, also there were some mechanisms much closer to occurring to cause that, but Pence put a stop to it.

That answers the question. One was so horrible that it brought us ALL together. One was a political stunt that has been used for political points for years. Jesus christ dude. Wtf?
I disagree.

One was an outside aggressor that managed to kill and terrify far too many Americans, but in the aftermath, we have avoided any further such large scale terrorist attacks on home soil.

The other was an attempted overthrow of the American government from a defeated political candidate who remains actively attempting to once again take hold of the reins of power.

B is much worse than A for the project of American democracy.

I disagree.

One was an outside aggressor that managed to kill and terrify far too many Americans, but in the aftermath, we have avoided any further such large scale terrorist attacks on home soil.

The other was an attempted overthrow of the American government from a defeated political candidate who remains actively attempting to once again take hold of the reins of power.

B is much worse than A for the project of American democracy.
Well any ****head that thinks flying a plane full of innocent people in to a building of innocent people and killing thousands of innocent people is better than a political riot with zero percent chance of success that killed 5 people and then proudly proclaims it on September 11th deserves only a hearty "**** you douchebag". So here ya go: **** you douchebag.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Which one caused the rest of the world to rally around America as the leader of the free world and which one caused the rest of the world to question if America can really be counted on to lead the free world??

Reactions: torbee
Well any ****head that thinks flying a plane full of innocent people in to a building of innocent people and killing thousands of innocent people is better than a political riot with zero percent chance of success that killed 5 people and then proudly proclaims it on September 11th deserves only a hearty "**** you douchebag". So here ya go: **** you douchebag.
Your reading comprehension is about as impressive as how rational you sound.

You’re pissed because you’re borderline illiterate, and because Torbee dared to say something true but not politically correct. Precious from the “fuqq your feelings” crowd.

You admit one had “potential” - your word - while one had thousands of dead humans.
I certainly don’t care to attempt justification of J6 but IMO 9/11 was an event of greater significance.

You admit one had “potential” - your word - while one had thousands of dead humans.
I certainly don’t care to attempt justification of J6 but IMO 9/11 was an event of greater significance.
Again, significance was not what he argued. I’m begging some of you to up your reading comprehension skills.

So much anger, lol.

Now, can you point out where I said it was "better?"

I said one was more of a threat to American democracy than the other. Both were egregious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT