ADVERTISEMENT

Concerned

icwesthawk

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2009
Over the past 2 weeks there have been quite angst over the Hawks and their ability to win the first 2 football games. That seems to be in the past now and that concerns me. This game worries me a lot. Ott probably out, Daniels probably out and more talk about off the field stuff this week. Hate to see us lose the momentum, especially at home, to a team that, arguably, we should beat. Hope I'm wrong and we take care of business but I smell a trap.

Admiral, is that you?

admiral-ackbar.jpg

Seriously, though, I feel like we have to trust the team and staff to take every game seriously and be prepared. They've shown they can do that the past two weeks, so I'll keep believing in them for now.

No truer words have ever been spoken.
This is Iowa football. There should be concern every week
THis is not isolated to just the Iowa program, in the past 10+ years the college landscape has changed where there is much more parity between P5 and conferences like the MAC and even FCS teams. This can be seen at Iowa (UNI, Ball State, NIU, etc and with Michigan losing to App state, Utah State upsetting P5, BYU beating Nebby, ask Arkansas about Toledo, or even PSU losing to temple for the first time in 50+ years.......there are still "cupcakes" but it is not like it was in the 80's and 90's

THis is not isolated to just the Iowa program, in the past 10+ years the college landscape has changed where there is much more parity between P5 and conferences like the MAC and even FCS teams. This can be seen at Iowa (UNI, Ball State, NIU, etc and with Michigan losing to App state, Utah State upsetting P5, BYU beating Nebby, ask Arkansas about Toledo, or even PSU losing to temple for the first time in 50+ years.......there are still "cupcakes" but it is not like it was in the 80's and 90's

No truer words were ever spoken. ;)

Reactions: icwesthawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT