ADVERTISEMENT

Concert CSB

McLovin32

HR Legend
Feb 1, 2008
So I went to the Sevendust concert tonight at The Rust Belt. None of my concert buddies could go, and Sevendust is one of my fav bands so I said eff it and bought a ticket anyways.

Got there, tipsy, and kept drinking. The opening acts go on, they put on a show, it was super solid.
I had made friends with a couple (no pics) and we were chatting before Sevendust took the stage. Some random dude popped up and started talking to us and couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen Sevendust in over a decade. He told me he could get me into the VIP area, and gave me a wrist band. So I tagged along. He got me into the area. It was one hell of a good show, and a way better view than I could have got originally.

As the show concluded, the dude turned around and said “Dude, I’m so high on shrooms, I have no idea how this ****ing worked”.

And now him and I are friends/csb

Who were the openers? I saw Sevendust probably 15 or 20 years ago. Was an awesome show except Puddle of mud ****ing sucked as an opener.

I had plans to camp in Clear Lake a few years ago and Sevendust was playing the Surf ballroom the same week so I bought tickets. Plans fell apart and I couldn't go. Story of my life for good concerts. Lol

They opened for Kid Rock in 99/00 at The Marq. It was the Metallica/Kid Rock tour but Metallica didn't come to Moline so it was just Sevendust and Kid Rock. The only thing I remember about them is that they had movie quotes being played in between songs (Full Metal Jacket, American History X, etc). Kid Rock was fire that night.

s-l400.jpg

Reactions: NDallasRuss
So I went to the Sevendust concert tonight at The Rust Belt. None of my concert buddies could go, and Sevendust is one of my fav bands so I said eff it and bought a ticket anyways.

Got there, tipsy, and kept drinking. The opening acts go on, they put on a show, it was super solid.
I had made friends with a couple (no pics) and we were chatting before Sevendust took the stage. Some random dude popped up and started talking to us and couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen Sevendust in over a decade. He told me he could get me into the VIP area, and gave me a wrist band. So I tagged along. He got me into the area. It was one hell of a good show, and a way better view than I could have got originally.

As the show concluded, the dude turned around and said “Dude, I’m so high on shrooms, I have no idea how this ****ing worked”.

And now him and I are friends/csb
Bring me the light, make my life worth so much more.

What did you think of the venue?

I love the aesthetic and the fact they draw cool bands to a smallish venue, but it’s so narrow in there I often feel like a sardine.
I liked it a lot. Can definitely understand the sardine feel, but overall it’s a pretty damn cool place for a show. I’ll definitely start keeping a closer eye on the bands that come there, that’s for sure.

Who were the openers? I saw Sevendust probably 15 or 20 years ago. Was an awesome show except Puddle of mud ****ing sucked as an opener.

I had plans to camp in Clear Lake a few years ago and Sevendust was playing the Surf ballroom the same week so I bought tickets. Plans fell apart and I couldn't go. Story of my life for good concerts. Lol
Another Day Dawns, ill-Nino, and Nonpoint. They all put on a hell of a show. It was a great concert.

Reactions: Bro D
I liked it a lot. Can definitely understand the sardine feel, but overall it’s a pretty damn cool place for a show. I’ll definitely start keeping a closer eye on the bands that come there, that’s for sure.

Another Day Dawns, ill-Nino, and Nonpoint. They all put on a hell of a show. It was a great concert.
Really upset i spaced on this show agghh

Two of my favorites from back in the day

That's a strong lineup.

Reactions: McLovin32
As a tribute to this thread I am loudly playing Sevendust in the car as my kids in the back tell me to shut the **** up. 6 more hrs yo

Sounds like the first day of school every year when I have Back to School by Deftones cranked in the vehicle, with my kids sitting in the back

I love Sevendust, very jealous of OP! They’re a great show!

But on a more serious note…how in the everfùcking hell has someone associated with the Iowa Football program/marketing/stadium experience NOT found a way to integrate “Black” into the entrance onto the field/third down defense/I don’t care what. A complete fail by all involved. It clearly rustles my jimmies.

I've seen Sevendust more than any other band, simply because they always came to my area. One of those times they played in our ornate downtown 1920s movie palace. I knew going in that would be a terrible venue for a metal show. Safe to say there was plenty of damage done by the crowd & the theater has never hosted another rock show/csb

Back in the late 90’s/early 2000’s, Sevendust was playing at the Five Seasons center in Cedar Rapids. We were drinking at Gringo’s Mexican bar/restaurant across the street before the show. Lajon came in with another guy. Looking at google, Lajon’s height is listed as 5-8, 5-9. He could only be about 5-5, he’s just a little guy. We ended up talking with him and doing a shot of tequila before the show.

CSB

I love Sevendust, very jealous of OP! They’re a great show!

But on a more serious note…how in the everfùcking hell has someone associated with the Iowa Football program/marketing/stadium experience NOT found a way to integrate “Black” into the entrance onto the field/third down defense/I don’t care what. A complete fail by all involved. It clearly rustles my jimmies.

Is it still Machine head or Dropkick Murphys on 3rd and long?

Back in the late 90’s/early 2000’s, Sevendust was playing at the Five Seasons center in Cedar Rapids. We were drinking at Gringo’s Mexican bar/restaurant across the street before the show. Lajon came in with another guy. Looking at google, Lajon’s height is listed as 5-8, 5-9. He could only be about 5-5, he’s just a little guy. We ended up talking with him and doing a shot of tequila before the show.

CSB
I’ve heard multiple stories like this about him. I went to a restaurant yesterday afternoon that’s attached to the Rust Belt. I told the bartender that I was in town for the show. She said I just missed the entire band. They were all in there like 45 mins earlier. She said Lajon was one of the most down to earth dudes she’s ever met.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT