ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Brandon Sorensen - Iowa's 20th 4 Time All-American

Congrats, indeed, and he deserves credit for being a steadying force over the last several years.

That said, let’s go out with a bang and grab that bronze medal. Would love to see Brandon get his hand raised in his final match with the best possible outcome short of the finals.

Love Brandon, but Wtf? I'll be that guy. Who wrestles the NCAAs like it's Grand View?

GREAT solid career and he is a cornerstone, but I don't want to see his style ever again in Black and Gold. Just like Okie has seen enough of Heil. Too stressful.

Love Brandon, but Wtf? I'll be that guy. Who wrestles the NCAAs like it's Grand View?

GREAT solid career and he is a cornerstone, but I don't want to see his style ever again in Black and Gold. Just like Okie has seen enough of Heil. Too stressful.

Not going to lie, Brandon could be frustrating but 4X AAs don't fall off trees. For a guy who doesn't score a lot, he did pretty good. Could have sulked but came back and beat some solid guys. His NCAAs:

• Champ. Round 1 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by decision over Jared Prince (Navy) 22-6 (Dec 11-6)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Ronald Perry (Lock Haven) 32-3 won by decision over Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 (Dec 3-2)
  • Cons. Round 2 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by major decision over Eleazar Deluca (Rutgers) 14-14 (MD 13-0)
  • Cons. Round 3 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by decision over Ryan Deakin (Northwestern) 32-7 (Dec 4-2)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by major decision over Ke-Shawn Hayes (Ohio State) 29-7 (MD 9-0)
  • Cons. Round 5 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by major decision over Boo Lewallen (Oklahoma State) 29-7 (MD 13-3)

Not going to lie, Brandon could be frustrating but 4X AAs don't fall off trees. For a guy who doesn't score a lot, he did pretty good. Could have sulked but came back and beat some solid guys. His NCAAs:

• Champ. Round 1 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by decision over Jared Prince (Navy) 22-6 (Dec 11-6)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Ronald Perry (Lock Haven) 32-3 won by decision over Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 (Dec 3-2)
  • Cons. Round 2 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by major decision over Eleazar Deluca (Rutgers) 14-14 (MD 13-0)
  • Cons. Round 3 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by decision over Ryan Deakin (Northwestern) 32-7 (Dec 4-2)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by major decision over Ke-Shawn Hayes (Ohio State) 29-7 (MD 9-0)
  • Cons. Round 5 - Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) 26-3 won by major decision over Boo Lewallen (Oklahoma State) 29-7 (MD 13-3)

& Perry is in the finals

Reactions: IAChief32

I really pray you don't have any boys who wrestle. They won't have a chance and impossible to live up to dads expectations. Here's a young man who put it on the line for 4 years and you still bad mouth him, one way or another.

I'm gonna go ahead and predict he gets pantsed by Retherford. It seems like the fate of all bracket-busting underdogs is to give bonus points to PSU.

149 hasn't been a good weight for awhile now. When opposing fans put down Brandon "Snorensen," they are really just putting down the weight class itself because he has been a fixture in the top 4 for 4 years. Zain is great...making a world team while in college shows this. However, he has won all the Hodges on the back of a weak weight class. For the PSU fans who might argue, think about all the times you (collectively) have disrespected Brandon. Not Zain's fault he's a killer but if you take Zain out of it...it's Perry from Lock Haven and Heilman from UNC.

Reactions: Dagboi
I really pray you don't have any boys who wrestle. They won't have a chance and impossible to live up to dads expectations. Here's a young man who put it on the line for 4 years and you still bad mouth him, one way or another.

He does. He tried to tell us how awesome they are for years but it turns out they are not awesome. A little like how 3 years ago he told us that UNI was going to takeover and be better than Iowa. They have a whopping 1 AA this year.

That said, his wife is hott as eff so we let everything he says go. Souci is the man.

Tonight, you showed everybody what you are made of Brandon. Congrats on a great career as a Hawkeye and being 4 time All American!

149 hasn't been a good weight for awhile now. When opposing fans put down Brandon "Snorensen," they are really just putting down the weight class itself because he has been a fixture in the top 4 for 4 years. Zain is great...making a world team while in college shows this. However, he has won all the Hodges on the back of a weak weight class. For the PSU fans who might argue, think about all the times you (collectively) have disrespected Brandon. Not Zain's fault he's a killer but if you take Zain out of it...it's Perry from Lock Haven and Heilman from UNC.

The "Snorensen" perjoritive ticks me off. He would be a 2 time champ if Zain wasn't in the way. Btw, there have been plenty of Hawk fans that have been also unfairly negative about him. Also, maybe the weight class is a little weak because of Zain... For example, the loser of the McKenna-Hayes wrestleoff at the beginning of the year had to go 149.

Great wrestler and an even better representative of how to go about your business!! Can't say I have ever heard another team complain how his actions on the mat and that's saying something since he is a HAWK!

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

You must be new here.

He does. He tried to tell us how awesome they are for years but it turns out they are not awesome. A little like how 3 years ago he told us that UNI was going to takeover and be better than Iowa. They have a whopping 1 AA this year.

That said, his wife is hott as eff so we let everything he says go. Souci is the man.

NO..............Souci is not the man. Far from it.

Maybe his name should be SansSauci.

Drinking and posting are not a good combo when you lack control of your anger. Sad!

Brando is tough as nails and a great young man. I wanted him to get one more crack at Zain. I know I would have screamed, bounced around the room and probably cried if he had got there and took home the championship this year. Thank you Brando for being a great Hawkeye.

The "Snorensen" perjoritive ticks me off. He would be a 2 time champ if Zain wasn't in the way. Btw, there have been plenty of Hawk fans that have been also unfairly negative about him. Also, maybe the weight class is a little weak because of Zain... For example, the loser of the McKenna-Hayes wrestleoff at the beginning of the year had to go 149.

As in avoiding 149? Definitely could be considering the amount of talent at 141.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT