ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on the win

Between the 3rd string QB & the mistakes on the field, we didn't have a chance.

I hope everyone who made the trip had a great time & enjoyed tailgating, the boardwalk, the area around the stadium & the game.

It was great to see @Farleyhawk again & to meet @wyldhawk9 who ended up tailgating right next to me.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

What was your thread regarding Iowa fans on the Rutger's paid board?

What was your thread regarding Iowa fans on the Rutger's paid board?

The whole thread (not started by me) was about how nice the Iowa fans that attended the game were (although there were apparently a few scattered about that we're not so nice) My comment in the thread was that made the trip to IC in 2019 & found the Iowa fans to be some of the nicest I ever met. That @Farleyhawk recommend a lunch place for us then came looking for us to say hello. He & 10 of his friends tailgated with us yesterday. Also that @wyldhawk9 , who I had been recommending tailgate lots to here on this board, ended up tailgating next to me & I gave him & his brother a tour of everything around the stadium.

The whole thread (not started by me) was about how nice the Iowa fans that attended the game were (although there were apparently a few scattered about that we're not so nice) My comment in the thread was that made the trip to IC in 2019 & found the Iowa fans to be some of the nicest I ever met. That @Farleyhawk recommend a lunch place for us then came looking for us to say hello. He & 10 of his friends tailgated with us yesterday. Also that @wyldhawk9 , who I had been recommending tailgate lots to here on this board, ended up tailgating next to me & I gave him & his brother a tour of everything around the stadium.

Fans that travel are different than fans that don't travel. Fans that attend games are different than message board fans. I've found that true everywhere, including when I visited Rutgers.

FWIW, parking was easy in and out. The Blue lot was 5 minutes, no issues if you looked around and knew what to do.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Fans that travel are different than fans that don't travel. Fans that attend games are different than message board fans. I've found that true everywhere, including when I visited Rutgers.

FWIW, parking was easy in and out. The Blue lot was 5 minutes, no issues if you looked around and knew what to do.

As a message board posting, season ticket holding, Blue lot parking for 15+ years, football game traveling fan, all I have to say is
Um, Ok?

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Always look left. Easy peasy. The blocked off road, just take that one towards the golf course, then south. In and out no issues at all. I was a bit surprised everyone else seemed to want to wait in traffic.

As a message board posting, season ticket holding, Blue lot parking for 15+ years, football game traveling fan, all I have to say is
Um, Ok?
I've found that traveling fans are naturally the most rabid, and in that bunch you'll always find about a 5% idiot quotient--it's just a matter of whether you run into one or not

At the B10 Championship "Hawkeye Huddle" last December, that quotient was at least 15%. There were a LOT of weird and generally annoying Iowa fans at that thing. And I mean some of them were just plain weird

I hope everyone who made the trip had a great time & enjoyed tailgating, the boardwalk, the area around the stadium & the game.

It was great to see @Farleyhawk again & to meet @wyldhawk9 who ended up tailgating right next to me.

Hats off to the QB you guys had. He stood in there and took a lot of hits. The kid is tough as nails. Good luck the rest of the way.

Last edited:

Trade you our starter for your 3rd string.

Your team is going to have a long long year. Good luck in basketball.

Thanks Mrs. Screw.
You are a great RU fan while being extremely nice to opposing fans.
If the good Lord himself was going to build the ideal Big Ten fan, you would be in the team picture.
I always root for RU except last nite
Hang in there...and make a bowl!

Thanks Mrs. Screw.
You are a great RU fan while being extremely nice to opposing fans.
If the good Lord himself was going to build the ideal Big Ten fan, you would be in the team picture.
I always root for RU except last nite
Hang in there...and make a bowl!
RU is what, 3-1 now? No reason they can’t beat Indiana, Maryland, and/or Sparty. I think they can snag 2 wins out of those 3, and they get a train wreck of a Nebraska team at home so 6-6 is doable.

I've found that traveling fans are naturally the most rabid, and in that bunch you'll always find about a 5% idiot quotient--it's just a matter of whether you run into one or not

At the B10 Championship "Hawkeye Huddle" last December, that quotient was at least 15%. There were a LOT of weird and generally annoying Iowa fans at that thing. And I mean some of them were just plain weird

There seems to be more and more of just plain weird people everywhere 😧

We had a great time tailgating with Meg, Chris, and the RU crew! They were super hospitable, as were 99% of the RU fans we encountered. We had a wonderful time! Thanks again! And I hope to see you all next year in Iowa City! @MrsScrew
Ditto! In fact, from now on I'm going to affectionately refer to Rutgers as the Midwest of the Northeast. We didn't meet a single unwelcoming soul this weekend. People went out of their way to say hello and chat with us. We had an absolute blast and highly recommend this away destination to anyone here.

ADVERTISEMENT