ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Jordan Spieth On British Open Win

LuteHawk

HR Legend
Nov 30, 2011
Today, this 23 year old American won his 3rd Major
in Pro Golf. His three stroke win was a thrilling victory.
He had already won the Masters, and the U.S. Open
in his short career. Next month, he should be among
the favorites to win the PGA Open.

Reactions: hawkbleeder
Getting out of 14 with just a bogey, followed up by going four under the last four holes was unbelievable golf. He played his best golf when others would have folded.

Reactions: McLovin32
Wood
d580d90ffe7a9a165e2fa79245e0adcd--jordan-spieth-jordans.jpg

Today, Jordan Spieth became a man the way he rallied
on the last 5 holes. He had a hot putter and proved once
again that great golfers drive for show and putt for dough.
A birdie and an eagle as he finished the back nine was
a test of manhood.

Last edited:
Dude is a true champion. Goes to a different level when the chips are down. 5 under the last 5 holes after a forgettable front 9 where he gave up a 5 shot lead.

Kuchar, excellent golfer.

Speith, fine champion. Sorry PGA, he's back!

Minus the ridiculous 30 minutes he took to play one shot, it was a pretty amazing performance. I'm surprised Kuchar didn't completely fold after having to make a picnic in the fairway while waiting on JS.

Totally.
I'm still lost from the ruling due to yhe unplayable lie.
Was the camera cable part of the ruling?

You can take an unplayable lie anywhere on the course except a hazard. You can bring the ball back anywhere in a line from the pin to your lie or you can replay the shot. Then if you have an obstruction you get relief from there. If he got relief, that would be why. I think his caddy was trying to get him the best distance the whole time because that area wouldn't be on his book.

Reactions: joelbc1
You can take an unplayable lie anywhere on the course except a hazard. You can bring the ball back anywhere in a line from the pin to your lie or you can replay the shot. Then if you have an obstruction you get relief from there. If he got relief, that would be why. I think his caddy was trying to get him the best distance the whole time because that area wouldn't be on his book.

Guess i didn't realize you could go back as far as you'd like.
I play alot and never used that or seen anyone use it.
In a hazard yes - unplayable never seen or done it.

Guess i didn't realize you could go back as far as you'd like.
I play alot and never used that or seen anyone use it.
In a hazard yes - unplayable never seen or done it.

You can also be 1 foot from the hole on a down hill lie, miss and roll the ball off the green into a bunker and then call an unplayable lie. You could then replay your shot and take the 1 foot putt again with a penalty.

You a rules official Funky? That is as well explained as I have ever heard. And, I have been to more than one rules seminar in my day! Well stated. Kudos.

"Golf is a real simple game. You hit it, you find it and you hit it again. The game becomes complicated as soon as you pick the ball up or touch it. So.....don't do that"

I heard the above quote in about 1979 at the Broadmoor CC, Colorado Springs, at a PGA Rules seminar. I forget the messenger but he was the Rules Chair for the USGA at the time.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
My Uncle and Aunt honeymooned at the Broadmoor
Hotel/Resort in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It is
the best luxury hotel in that state. Perhaps, out of
the price range for a few HROTers.

You a rules official Funky? That is as well explained as I have ever heard. And, I have been to more than one rules seminar in my day! Well stated. Kudos.

"Golf is a real simple game. You hit it, you find it and you hit it again. The game becomes complicated as soon as you pick the ball up or touch it. So.....don't do that"

I heard the above quote in about 1979 at the Broadmoor CC, Colorado Springs, at a PGA Rules seminar. I forget the messenger but he was the Rules Chair for the USGA at the time.

HAHA, no. I don't spend a lot of time on the fairway.

Nice nod to Zach Johnson during Jordan's on-course statement on NBC after getting handed the jug. He said he was familiar with it from 2 years ago when Zach let him and others drink champagne from it on the flight back home. The cameras panned to Zach, who was standing in the background, doing a facepalm, grinning and looking for a place to hide.

Jordan Spieth was rewarded for his first place finish
at the British Open with a check for $1, 845, 000.
Almost 2 million dollars for his efforts to win another
Major.

Jordan Spieth was rewarded for his first place finish
at the British Open with a check for $1, 845, 000.
Almost 2 million dollars for his efforts to win another
Major.
Unfortunately he sees a fraction of that. When an American wins it gets taxed on the way out and on the way in. The last time Mickelson won I believe he got to keep less than half. Not going to look it up, but it was astounding.

Edit:. Looked it up anyways. Forgot the article was also about him winning the Scottish open the week before. He won a combined 2.1 million, got to keep 846k.

Reactions: LuteHawk
ADVERTISEMENT