ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Iowa on being the first state in America that defeated COVID-19!!!

My students were in a local hospital icu yesterday for clinicals. Every bed in the icu had a covid patient on a ventilator. Saturday, there is a funeral for a local fire department captain who died of Covid pneumonia.

Must not have been UIHC, which has just 12% of their inpatient beds being used by covid patients.
Just 14% of ICU beds are being used by covid patients.

Must not have been UIHC, which has just 12% of their inpatient beds being used by covid patients.
Just 14% of ICU beds are being used by covid patients.
800 are hospitalized per WHO on their 10pm news cast last night.

This post has so much wrong going on in it. First we’re supposed to trust some guy working in the hospital that uses pronouns in his twitter handle.
next, while mainly talking about the uihc, we have people claiming people are quitting jobs because of the vaccine mandate. The uihc does not have a vaccine mandate in place.
finally we have people claiming this person died of covid and all these covid people are on ventilators and this and that. I know more people in the last 6 months that have passed away then any other point in my life and 0 of them died of covid. 2 of them in their 30’s were claimed to have had covid but actually didn’t and died from something else. One died of a heart attack and the other passes away in his sleep and at the point in time they didn’t know what caused it.
maybe the governor wants people to start living and focusing on life again instead of taking the easy way out and blaming everything on covid. It’s so damn annoying listening to all the little cry babies fearing covid.

Why don't you run for office you seem to have a lot of free time and are obviously left wing give her a run?
1. Not a fan of politicians
2. Don't need anyone to know the skeletons in my closet :)
3. The voters of Iowa are numbskulls - and I'd probably say that out loud.

This post has so much wrong going on in it. First we’re supposed to trust some guy working in the hospital that uses pronouns in his twitter handle.
next, while mainly talking about the uihc, we have people claiming people are quitting jobs because of the vaccine mandate. The uihc does not have a vaccine mandate in place.
finally we have people claiming this person died of covid and all these covid people are on ventilators and this and that. I know more people in the last 6 months that have passed away then any other point in my life and 0 of them died of covid. 2 of them in their 30’s were claimed to have had covid but actually didn’t and died from something else. One died of a heart attack and the other passes away in his sleep and at the point in time they didn’t know what caused it.
maybe the governor wants people to start living and focusing on life again instead of taking the easy way out and blaming everything on covid. It’s so damn annoying listening to all the little cry babies fearing covid.
You do know that covid causes terrible clotting problems and is a risk factor for both stroke and heart attack???

Reactions: Joes Place
  • Haha
Reactions: torbee
Can't believe I'm the first to post this, but I scanned the first two pages of HROT and didn't see a thread.

Anyway, Kimmie has her "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!" moment:

I don't want the flu to be part of my "every day life." I want to get a flu shot in the fall and then hope it works through the winter flu season. So far I have seen no indication that Covid has a season.
PS: I think I know what the gov meant, but poor wording. Kim

Reactions: torbee
I don't want the flu to be part of my "every day life." I want to get a flu shot in the fall and then hope it works through the winter flu season. So far I have seen no indication that Covid has a season.
PS: I think I know what the gov meant, but poor wording. Kim
You didn’t see that covid was gone all last summer and started back up the same time flu season started up?

Do you really not know anybody that has changed their residency to avoid paying those taxes? I'm not close to retirement age yet and I know several.
Apparently not. I went through this with him a couple weeks ago. It wasn't worth trying anymore.

Reactions: HawCory
Yes, I wouldn’t post about it if it wasn’t. Other posters just like to either try to test you down or change the subject without recognizing the fact because they don’t want to believe it and/or it doesn’t fit their narrative. It is happening regardless of what other posters say. How much, who knows.

Reactions: acuhawk
Yes, I wouldn’t post about it if it wasn’t. Other posters just like to either try to test you down or change the subject without recognizing the fact because they don’t want to believe it and/or it doesn’t fit their narrative. It is happening regardless of what other posters say. How much, who knows.
Not saying you are lying. Just not the experience I have had.

Maybe, maybe not. The media doesn’t cover every time someone has a reaction to the vaccine the same as it does getting covid.

But the physicians do.
And then those results get published.
And then the media reports on those publications.

But the physicians do.
And then those results get published.
And then the media reports on those publications.
The media reports whatever narrative they are pushing. The media never reports facts. The media is not news. They are an opinionated source. Just like one person says such and such media site pushed democratic views and vice versa.

Okay. This is insanely stupid.
Please share what’s stupid. I often look at KCRG for my local news coverage. I have never once seen an article about someone having complications from the covid vaccine. I know complications exist and people end up in the hospital because of it.
I have seen plenty of articles about people passing away from covid who had a family and young kids and this and that. Many of these article originate are from other states.
so you are going to tell me that KCRG isn’t pushing their views of covid and they are just reporting the “numbers” ?

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Please share what’s stupid. I often look at KCRG for my local news coverage. I have never once seen an article about someone having complications from the covid vaccine. I know complications exist and people end up in the hospital because of it.
I have seen plenty of articles about people passing away from covid who had a family and young kids and this and that. Many of these article originate are from other states.
so you are going to tell me that KCRG isn’t pushing their views of covid and they are just reporting the “numbers” ?
Because it rarely happens you idiot.

So let me get this straight, you admit it does happen? Yet I have never seen KCRG print a single article about it. Shouldn’t they report the numbers on that as well?
Why? Reactions happen with almost every vaccine. You hoping to spread a little fear during a pandemic? Can’t you use another source?

Reactions: Joes Place
Why? Reactions happen with almost every vaccine. You hoping to spread a little fear during a pandemic? Can’t you use another source?
I’m trying to do the opposite. I, like Kim am ready to move on already. It’s similar to the flu and we need to move on. People keep using covid as an excuse to not do their jobs along with many other things. It’s time to accept it’s part of life. I’ve been doing so pretty much the whole time. I tired of grown a$$ adults crying about someone not wearing a mask and the bitching back and forth about it.

I’m trying to do the opposite. I, like Kim am ready to move on already. It’s similar to the flu and we need to move on. People keep using covid as an excuse to not do their jobs along with many other things. It’s time to accept it’s part of life. I’ve been doing so pretty much the whole time. I tired of grown a$$ adults crying about someone not wearing a mask and the bitching back and forth about it.
Are you in Iowa? What is this mask problem you have run into? I only wear a mask at work as I am in a hospital. You are just bitching.

Are you in Iowa? What is this mask problem you have run into? I only wear a mask at work as I am in a hospital. You are just bitching.
I just replied to you where I live on the other thread you asked me where I live. Seems a bit creepy.
shouldn’t you be wearing a mask outside of work? Seems a bit dangerous?

I just replied to you where I live on the other thread you asked me where I live. Seems a bit creepy.
shouldn’t you be wearing a mask outside of work? Seems a bit dangerous?
I hadn’t received your response. I won’t be coming to Iowa City unless it’s for sports. You’re safe.

ADVERTISEMENT