ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations on the win

Jun 21, 2001
Burleson, Texas
I'm pissed we lost. I'm pissed at the refs. I'm pissed at Joe Moorhead calling stupid plays and calling timeouts early in the 2nd half. I'm pissed at Steven Guidry whining like a bitch all year about not getting the ball, then costing us 11 points in the game by getting tripped up, then later botching that sure TD pass.

However, one thing I'm NOT pissed at is Iowa. You guys played hard, played smart, and deserved to win. That was fun. I've had a great time over here on the board. I hope all of you have a great 2019.

I'll be back to visit from time to time, and probably reply to this thread. All of you take care.

I'm pissed we lost. I'm pissed at the refs. I'm pissed at Joe Moorhead calling stupid plays and calling timeouts early in the 2nd half. I'm pissed at Steven Guidry whining like a bitch all year about not getting the ball, then costing us 11 points in the game by getting tripped up, then later botching that sure TD pass.

However, one thing I'm NOT pissed at is Iowa. You guys played hard, played smart, and deserved to win. That was fun. I've had a great time over here on the board. I hope all of you have a great 2019.

I'll be back to visit from time to time, and probably reply to this thread. All of you take care.
We cant win if we don't run for 100 typically. Your defense was every bit as advertised. The best defense in the world will occasionally make a mistake and we capitalized in the rare times your defense left an opening. That is a compliment to the Bulldogs. Your D is unreal. I wish my Bears had a 1st rounder so we could take Simmons or Sweat. Love your team. You're a good dude Mutt.

I'll take the win, but I really feel like MSU lost, and Iowa did not win that game (I mean, the guy dropped a touchdown pass that hit him in the hands and in the chest and it turned into an INT in the endzone). I've watched Iowa lose by giving away games more times than I can count. I do like the way it feels much better this way.

Awesome of you. Thanks and have a great year.

Reactions: naturalmwa

One Class Act... good luck to MSU moving forward ... that is one hell of a defense you guys have...

Reactions: naturalmwa
MSU's defense was the real deal. Easily the finest Iowa has faced all season, and certainly one of the ten best nationally. Maybe top five.

Reactions: NashvilleHawk
As a Hawkeye fan, feeling very fortunate to be celebrating a New Year’s Day bowl win. Thanks to the Bulldogs for laying this one out there for the taking; and way to go Hawks for finally stepping up to TAKE IT!!
And classy post, Mutt.

Reactions: IAGuy
My feelings would be the exact same If Iowa were to lose a game this way. MSU had some coaching blunders and the penalties played a huge part in the game.

Thanks for the reasonable opposing voice here the last few weeks, and agreed, that was a fun game to watch. Maybe we can get a higher stakes rematch soon.

Mississippi State's players are a bunch of thugs that actually play defense most of the time, but still look like they will have > 50% incarceration rate in the next 10 years. Their coach is dumb af for putting that running back out on the field after syncopizing and all their dumb af fans can go back to their shanties to put their cowbells to rest.

I'll take the win, but I really feel like MSU lost, and Iowa did not win that game (I mean, the guy dropped a touchdown pass that hit him in the hands and in the chest and it turned into an INT in the endzone). I've watched Iowa lose by giving away games more times than I can count. I do like the way it feels much better this way.

The ball was slightly tipped which threw off the timing, so even though it hit him in the hands, it wasn’t quite the way he was expecting. It was a great defensive play.

That was a great game. Could have gone either way. MSU’s defense is every bit as advertised and more.

Best of luck in the future!

Great contributor on this board .... thanks for all you input during the bowl season. You're welcome to return whenever you want.

MSU's D was totally legit .... especially against the run!

The ball was slightly tipped which threw off the timing, so even though it hit him in the hands, it wasn’t quite the way he was expecting. It was a great defensive play.

It was more than that one play though. MSU did a lot of things to shoot themselves in the foot. I'm not complaining because not doing those things is an important part of winning games and Iowa deserves credit for not doing those things. In the end, MSU's mistakes cost them the win.

Mutt was a good poster here and classy in defeat. I also have to say the MSU fans at the stadium today were all very polite and it was a great time. I thought both teams fans were very cordial to each other at the game. Nice change from other Outback Bowls I have attended. My kid goes to UF and sadly that fan base is an embarrassment. So I like MSU a little more this evening.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Don’t worry. Your coach will have you competing again next year for an SEC title. Your fans and players will get there. You guys are head and shoulders above (FL, LSU, and BAMA fans)

That's one badass defensive front. -15 yards rushing says it all.

As for the penalties (if that's what you mean by pissed at the refs)...a review of the replay will show they're all legit, some just plain dumb.

Thanks for being a good sport.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I’m pretty certain the pass on the dropped TD resulting in an INT was tipped. Not saying it shouldn’t still have been caught, but when a ball is tipped it changes things.

As for the penalties, I don’t know what penalties (if any) against MSU were incorrect. The only one I can think of was their first unsportsmanlike, but I don’t know what happened to warrant it. The others were legit— targeting, face mask, PI, and a clear holding on the one at the end of the half. There were missed ones on both sides, but nothing egregious that I noticed.

I’m pissed you have over 80 likes (and counting), which probably doubles the total I’ve had here in 12 years. :)

That was a game of momentum if I ever saw one. Major swings went for both teams. In the end, turnovers were the difference.
All 4 losses this year you could say well shit that mistake cost the game! Finally the other team gave us one.

All 4 losses this year you could say well shit that mistake cost the game! Finally the other team gave us one.

The biggest loss this year (Wisconsin by 11), is arguably the closest loss. Wisconsin scored 14 points in the final 1:30.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT