ADVERTISEMENT

Connor and Pmac's Podcast: T’d Up! Josh Ogundele AKA Big Jelly 🍇 Ep. 20

ObeseMuffins

HR MVP
Jan 7, 2007
The Brothers had Big Jelly on the other day. Needless to say, he was hilarious. He gave some insight into his path to the USA, the dyanamic of the team, and that family and tight knit vibe. In today's game where the transfer portal is the norm, the ability of Iowa to retain almost all of the players is a testament to our family culture. Now just need a Sweet 16 and everything is gravy, IMO.

Other tidbits:
  1. When Big Jelly came to the USA, he was only 235. He admittedly enjoyed the food here too much.
  2. Some players (Ulis) think his British accent is fake to get girls
  3. He's working on his conditioning. Sky's the limit if he can improve on this.

Listen on iPhone Podcast app or Spotify:

Last edited:
The Brothers had Big Jelly on the other day. Needless to say, he was hilarious. He really gave some insight into his path to the USA, the dyanamic of the team, and the creating that family and tight knit vibe. In today's game where the transfer portal is the norml, the ability of Iowa to retain almost all of the players is a testament to our family culture. Now just need a Sweet 16 and everything is gravy, IMO.

Other tidbits:
  1. When Big Jelly came to the USA, he was only 235. He admittedly enjoyed the food here too much.
  2. Some players (Ulis) think his British accent is fake to get girls
  3. He's working on his conditioning. Sky's the limit if he can improve on this.

Listen on iPhone Podcast app or Spotify:

thanks for posting

did they discuss:

* him getting covid, where that affected how much he could play last season (there has been speculation on this but no confirmation, IIRC)?

* why he entered the transfer portal and how Fran reacted when he wanted to return to Iowa?

I listened to the Tony Perkins episode and thought the McCaffery's did a really good job. I then went and listened to the Speraw episode and liked that too. Just listened to the Josh O episode. I think its great to really get some insight into these guys stories and personalities.

I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of the podcast. I listen to a bunch of Hawkeye related podcast and enjoy the content but the quality and production on most of them is pretty mediocre.

Reactions: chaneccooms
thanks for posting

did they discuss:

* him getting covid, where that affected how much he could play last season (there has been speculation on this but no confirmation, IIRC)?

* why he entered the transfer portal and how Fran reacted when he wanted to return to Iowa?
Did not discuss COVID, and his only mention of the transfer portal was that he went up to Connor after being in for a couple weeks and said "Why the hell did you let me put my name in that." Basically he said that he didn't really enjoy the recruiting process and said that it felt like a lot of programs were feeding him what he wanted to hear just so he would commit.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I listened to the Tony Perkins episode and thought the McCaffery's did a really good job. I then went and listened to the Speraw episode and liked that too. Just listened to the Josh O episode. I think its great to really get some insight into these guys stories and personalities.

I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of the podcast. I listen to a bunch of Hawkeye related podcast and enjoy the content but the quality and production on most of them is pretty mediocre.
I might need to give them another shot. I listened to their first few shows, and thought they were a little rough (which was to be expected for a couple college kids doing this for the first time — not meant as criticism). Perhaps they have found their rhythm. Thanks for sharing your review!

I might need to give them another shot. I listened to their first few shows, and thought they were a little rough (which was to be expected for a couple college kids doing this for the first time — not meant as criticism). Perhaps they have found their rhythm. Thanks for sharing your review!
The overall quality is better in there studio vs when they were doing it over zoom.

Reactions: Lumas Etima
They're lacking actual Hawkeye sports content, but they are entertaining.

So the story of how he gained so much weight in England after being holed up because of covid, that we've been told so many times, is a bit of a fabrication? Seems odd that the coaching staff and the team dietician would have let him blow up so much that he was basically useless to the team.

So the story of how he gained so much weight in England after being holed up because of covid, that we've been told so many times, is a bit of a fabrication? Seems odd that the coaching staff and the team dietician would have let him blow up so much that he was basically useless to the team.
Seriously? You’re accusing someone of lying? Make sure you also accuse the blue chip running back who committed to the Hawkeyes last year who also put on a bunch of weight and it affected his senior season. Covid affected billions of people, and the fact is that Covid is actually a fact, so who’s actually lying here?

He was talking about when he came to Worcester, MA for prep high school. Was not commenting on the COVID situation at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObeseMuffins
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT