ADVERTISEMENT

Connor out 3-4 weeks, mono

Maishe's minutes will be taken from Brady Ellingson if he is going to play. Brady is not flashy but he plays passable defense and he can shoot and make free throws. Most of the minutes at the 3 are going to go to Nunge & Baer. Other than some time at the 2, maybe, I don't see how Maishe gets any minutes. He played ahead of Dom Uhl last night but was that just to get a more prolonged look at Maishe? I'm guessing so. If Dom gets any minutes it's prolly gonna be at the 3. Maishe may have started for us 7 years ago but the stable is getting pretty full of thoroughbreds.

I'm calling it. Medical redshirt.

RS now and go with Dailey

This season is at serious risk before it starts. I'd not be shocked if Conner redshirts.

I had a feeling Connor would never hit the floor.

What's up with the dire forecasts and redshirt suggestions?The announcement said that McCaffery would miss 3-4 weeks.

Worse case scenario, his return date is 12/14 ahead of the Drake game with 20 regular season games remaining
Best case scenario, his return date is 12/7 the day of the ISU game with 22 regular season games remaining.
In either scenario, he would return to play approximatey 2/3 of the regular season schedule.

McCaffery has mono not Ebola. Once cleared, he may need time to get back up to speed but I don't see this as a season ending illness. Calling for the red shirt seems a little hysterical IMO.

What's up with the dire forecasts and redshirt suggestions?The announcement said that McCaffery would miss 3-4 weeks.

Worse case scenario, his return date is 12/14 ahead of the Drake game with 20 regular season games remaining
Best case scenario, his return date is 12/7 the day of the ISU game with 22 regular season games remaining.
In either scenario, he would return to play approximatey 2/3 of the regular season schedule.

McCaffery has mono not Ebola. Once cleared, he may need time to get back up to speed but I don't see this as a season ending illness. Calling for the red shirt seems a little hysterical IMO.
Eh. I'm just saying that if you miss 30% of the season, are a true freshman, won't start, and probably won't play more than 12 minutes/game, it might be in everyone's best interests if you sit out this year and focus on baseball. Especially if that is what you wanted to do in the first place.

Eh. I'm just saying that if you miss 30% of the season, are a true freshman, won't start, and probably won't play more than 12 minutes/game, it might be in everyone's best interests if you sit out this year and focus on baseball. Especially if that is what you wanted to do in the first place.
Maybe but the way people are talking on here those 12 minutes at PG might be the most important game minutes on the team. Give Ellingson those minutes and panic buttons are pushed.

Reactions: kceasthawk
It sounds like Connor is much more of a natural PG than Brady, who is more suited to be the 2 for what Iowa needs. It would have been good for him to get more time before we start playing the tougher games. If he is playing 12-15 min/game and is an upgrade over Brady and Dailey at PG, it is huge for him to get back before the main conference games begin.

I hope Baer is back next game.

Reactions: kceasthawk
After watching Cincy vs Coppin State, ugh, if we get Cincy in Cancun, ugh. They will wear JBo the fvck out. JBo will hold his own because he is a tough SOB, but damn he's going to be tested, and tired.

Connor get healthy soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT