ADVERTISEMENT

Connor vs Lil Lick

To try to compare Connor to John Lickliter is not fair to Connor. Connor has had his moment in the sun and has had probably more ups then downs but he should have taken his last year of legibility and went out for baseball instead. Todd's son on the other hand was used only when Todd's roster was depleted to the point he had not choice to use John. No comparison what's so ever....

Let's not be ridiculous... Lickliter had no business ever stepping foot in a game unless it was a 30 point blowout. There were better players than him at the Kirkwood Rec Center at the time.

Connor has had his moments and physically can compete but honestly should have took the baseball route. When things go south as the coaches kid they go south in a hurry. I honestly think Fran is too stubborn/arrogant to think this could turn out this way. For an Ivy league grad, Fran sure does outsmart himself a lot.

For anyone to compare the two is just plain dumb. I’m not happy Connor hasn’t worked on his offensive game these last three years but to make this comparisons is so disingenuous.
To say he hasn't worked on his offensive game these last 3 years is idiotic. He has and was told by his dad they were looking to him to pick up the scoring slack. It may be hard to believe but he's just that inept

How do you know this?
My bad, I’m assuming he hasn’t worked on his offensive skill set based upon what we are seeing in his court time in not being able to make shots, drive to the basket, have an offensive skill set that forces the other team to defend instead of slack off to other players in help defense.

If there was ever a time we needed a player's mom to step in and confront the coach its now. Connor's mom needs to tell the coach her son is being embarrassed on the court.

If there was ever a time we needed a player's mom to step in and confront the coach its now. Connor's mom needs to tell the coach her son is being embarrassed on the court.
Well this is kind of out of left field. How do you know that Mom isn't pushing Dad to do what he's doing with her son?

The better question/comparison is Little Lick vs Austin Ash. Even Coach Lick knew that you don’t intentionally waste a scholarship.

Well this is kind of out of left field. How do you know that Mom isn't pushing Dad to do what he's doing with her son?

Then where the hell is Connor's Uncle. Would some family member have a talk with the coach.

Let's not be ridiculous... Lickliter had no business ever stepping foot in a game unless it was a 30 point blowout. There were better players than him at the Kirkwood Rec Center at the time.

Connor has had his moments and physically can compete but honestly should have took the baseball route. When things go south as the coaches kid they go south in a hurry. I honestly think Fran is too stubborn/arrogant to think this could turn out this way. For an Ivy league grad, Fran sure does outsmart himself a lot.
He didn't take the baseball route because he wasn't good enough.

Then where the hell is Connor's Uncle. Would some family member have a talk with the coach.
You know what's kinda interesting is I think Fran was asked if it was hard coaching his sons at Iowa. Fran answered that it was a lot harder on the wife than it was on him. I have a feeling she's not asking him to play them less. Fran's in a tough spot with everyone on this issue for sure.

Reactions: SB_SB
There really isn't any comparison. John Lickliter was a walkon that was only intended for mop up duty and scout team running. He played something like 80 minutes total in emergency usage in a season where the other PG was a true freshmen, Cully Payne. We can thank that jerk of Jeff Peterson for transferring so late in recruiting season that Iowa was in a position to play Lick the younger at all.

ADVERTISEMENT