ADVERTISEMENT

Conservatives and liberals weigh in

Nole Lou

HR Heisman
Apr 5, 2002
Identify your leaning, and weigh in on these two topics:

A) Lin Wood and the "Election was stolen through election fraud" crowd

B) Rebekah Jones and the "Ron Desantis is hiding Covid deaths" crowd
-Specifically, "every state is underreporting" is not an answer here. I'm talking the charges that Ron DeSantis and the Florida government are specifically hiding, covering up and misrepresenting deaths in an egregious and malicious way, different and more significantly than other states, and fired Jones as a whistleblower.

With one of these three evaluations:

1) Total conspiracy bullshit
2) Not sure, but I think there is something there that has to be looked at
3) These folks are probably/definitely right

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start...

Conservative

Lin Wood/stolen elections - bullshit
Rebekah Jones/Florida death count - bullshit

Last edited:

A) Lin Wood and the "Election was stolen" crowd

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start...

Conservative

Liberal and I agree with you.

Liberal

A) bull

B) the middle option. To be fair, I think basically every state and country is under-reporting deaths and not just DeSantis.

But do you specifically think Desantis is cooking the books, or do you think Florida is basically the same as every state doing the best they can?

I'll start...

Conservative

Moderately conservative and I'm in with this as well.

But do you specifically think Desantis is cooking the books, or do you think Florida is basically the same as every state doing the best they can?

I think they’re all cooking the books to varying degrees.

Reactions: srams21

I'll start...

Conservative

Same

Reactions: Nole Lou
Don't know what I am anymore.

1) Total BS
2) same as someone above. I don't think any state was/is recorded Covid death consistently, although I don't know there was anything malicious being done either.

Don't know what I am anymore.

1) Total BS
2) same as someone above. I don't think any state was/is recorded Covid death consistently, although I don't know there was anything malicious being done either.

I'm talking the charges that Ron DeSantis and the Florida government are specifically hiding, covering up and misrepresenting deaths in an egregious and malicious way, different and more significantly than other states, and fired Jones as a whistleblower.

Is that bullshit or maybe or probably true?

I think they’re all cooking the books to varying degrees.

I'm talking the charges that Ron DeSantis and the Florida government are specifically hiding, covering up and misrepresenting deaths in an egregious and malicious way, different and more significantly than other states, and fired Jones as a whistleblower.

Lean left

1 = bullshit
2 = bullshit (intentional - no), but she’s above the line on the hot crazy matrix so I’m willing to let her convince me

Wherever would President Trump’s supporters get the idea that Joe Biden “hasn’t been legitimately elected?” The Wall Street Journal’s William McGurn asks sarcastically. “Maybe from those who spent the past four years undermining” Trump’s legitimacy. Hillary Clinton and Jimmy Carter called Trump “illegitimate.” Biden agreed. Rep. Jerry Nadler (and a third of House Democrats) boycotted Trump’s inauguration because he wasn’t “legitimate,” while Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the president tried to “corrupt” the 2016 election. Nor are Trump’s backers different from the 33 percent of Clinton voters who denied that Trump was legitimately elected.

I am still going

1. B
2.B

We should look at everything

Bullshit, but as others have said, a big problem was that not all states counted Covid deaths by the same standards.

it could be, but I don’t believe it is.

I find it more likely than a rigged election but both are far-fetched.

-Specifically, "every state is underreporting" is not an answer here.

Per IHME, every state is under-reporting. Some, more than others. We'll eventually identify which, and by how much.

But their estimate is >50% more Covid deaths than have been reported, which is not a small error.

Conservative

1. 2
2. 2

Why not look at them? Don't go in with a conclusion you're trying to prove (i.e. Trump/Russia) but look at them both fairly. No reason not to.

Bullshit, imo.

Conservative

1. 2
2. 2

Why not look at them? Don't go in with a conclusion you're trying to prove (i.e. Trump/Russia) but look at them both fairly. No reason not to.

You think there is something there to the election being stolen via fraud? What is the something?

Left leaning

1. 1
2. 2 Only because it has been reported by more than just Jones. Over half of the major newspapers in Florida have run some kind of investigative piece concerning this.

You think there is something there to the election being stolen via fraud? What is the something?
No not really that. It's more that people (on both sides) really don't have a ton of confidence in our election process now. I think a serious look into allegations like that would serve to give people confidence, or potentially uncover areas we can improve election security. It shouldn't be done with the agenda of "proving the election was stolen," but rather through a lens of 'lets be sure laws were followed appropriately and that potential loopholes for fraud weren't used (or if they were how do we close them). Even if they started by saying 'regardless of findings the election result will remain as is.'

It's silly to refuse to look at it.

No not really that. It's more that people (on both sides) really don't have a ton of confidence in our election process now. I think a serious look into allegations like that would serve to give people confidence, or potentially uncover areas we can improve election security. It shouldn't be done with the agenda of "proving the election was stolen," but rather through a lens of 'lets be sure laws were followed appropriately and that potential loopholes for fraud weren't used (or if they were how do we close them). Even if they started by saying 'regardless of findings the election result will remain as is.'

Weren't the 64 lawsuits filed and the state counts, recounts and audits enough? At what point would you be satisfied that it had been investigated enough?

Weren't the 64 lawsuits filed and the state counts, recounts and audits enough? At what point would you be satisfied that it had been investigated enough?
64 lawsuits, which all could not provide ONE EXAMPLE of voter fraud for the courts to act upon.

Not.One

Reactions: DFSNOLE

Gotcha, I thought by responding with 2, that it meant 2 reflected what you believed.

I see what you're saying. I don't really think that's wrong, but it's also not what I was going for (hence name checking Lin Wood/Rebekah Jones so we know what kind of credibility/accusations I'm talking about). But I follow you.

Refusing to even look at it, or refusing to put in appropriate security so people can't call fraud every time they lose an election, doesn't really help toward election confidence either, I'd agree.

Weren't the 64 lawsuits filed and the state counts, recounts and audits enough? At what point would you be satisfied that it had been investigated enough

Gotcha, I thought by responding with 2, that it meant 2 reflected what you believed.
I see why you thought that. I should have answered more literally. I just don't think we've done enough to give voters confidence recently. After a stunning result in 2016 and one this year where due to covid, election results not only dribbled in over the course of days after election but saw the apparent result flip, voter confidence has to be restored.

Reactions: TennNole17

I see what you're saying. I don't really think that's wrong, but it's also not what I was going for (hence name checking Lin Wood/Rebekah Jones so we know what kind of credibility/accusations I'm talking about). But I follow you.

Refusing to even look at it, or refusing to put in appropriate security so people can't call fraud every time they lose an election, doesn't really help toward election confidence either, I'd agree.

Every election is audited and reviewed. There are plenty of safeguards in place. Saying there isn’t security in place is false.

Reactions: Joes Place
election results not only dribbled in over the course of days after election but saw the apparent result flip

Uh.....it's always taken weeks to fully count ballots.

We've been spoiled with electronic projections over the past couple decades. But prior to that, often the winner would not be known for weeks. It's literally why states certify their counts 3-4 weeks post-election, which is when results become "official".

This claim has nothing to do with "election confidence", and is entirely imagined/created by fake media.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I see why you thought that. I should have answered more literally. I just don't think we've done enough to give voters confidence recently. After a stunning result in 2016 and one this year where due to covid, election results not only dribbled in over the course of days after election but saw the apparent result flip, voter confidence has to be restored.
That starts with Trump and the other GOP members who continue to promote the Big Lie. They, more than anything else, have caused the distrust.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT