ADVERTISEMENT

Conservatives and NIL

Hey menace remember this conservative I'm sure you hate

Justice Brett Kavanaugh gave his opinion on the matter, stating: “To be sure, the NCAA and its member colleges maintain important traditions that have become part of the fabric of America, But those traditions alone cannot justify the NCAA’s decision to build a massive money-raising enterprise on the backs of student athletes who are not fairly compensated.”

Kavanaugh has absolutely no character merit to weigh in on anything relating to student/athlete/ community/economics matters.

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
The more we can separate big time athletics from educational institutions in this country, the better off both will be.
Pretty much agree. ^^

As to the OP...one can be a conservative and still prefer to see some rules in place that govern things without there being a free for all scenario, like what is developing now.

Either college is primarily an academic pursuit OR primarily an athletic function. Trying to be both at the same time...yeah, just not working out going forward IMO. Way too much money involved to then trust that everyone will behave themselves.

Kavanaugh has absolutely no character merit to weigh in on anything relating to student/athlete/ community/economics matters.

ha ha seems the limit of your ability of expression.

Why do you think "conservatives" oppose this? I know for a fact that many Democrats think it will absolutely ruin college sports. The rich will get richer......and Iowa ain't one of the rich! Most Power 5 teams will become "second tier" programs in FB and BB. Example......tOSU's athletic budget is #1 in the conference at about $210M annually......Purdue I believe is at the bottom at around $110 M annually.......How is Purdue going to compete with 1/2 as much money at tOSU? (They ain't!) I believe UIowa is about 4th in the conference at $180M annually. In 10 years, that's a $300M difference compared to tOSU. How can Iowa reasonably expect to compete over time?
Want to scare you some more.......UTexas and Texas A/M dwaRF tOSU when it comes to raising $$$$$and there are others.....
The NIL program (and transfer portal) as currently designed, will end competitive collegiate sports as we know them in 20 years.......
Money is great but there reaches a point if diminishing returns. Texas and aTm are both great examples of this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT