ADVERTISEMENT

Consider full evidence on impeachment

Really? You are citing Trump now? In any case who did he say was lying under oath? Not disputing it, don’t doubt it.

Sondland. Not that it matters, because like you've said many times, our President doesn't have any credibility when he opens his mouth. It's just amusing to me that the central character in this debacle is the most powerful person in the world, and you said "nobody'.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Sondland. Not that it matters, because like you've said many times, our President doesn't have any credibility when he opens his mouth. It's just amusing to me that the central character in this debacle is the most powerful person in the world, and you said "nobody'.
What did he say Sondkand lied about?
And I said “nobody” because we were talking about who Ciohen was directing his advice to. He wasn’t telling Trump to look at all the evidence.

Of course they have that obligation. Fairness demands it. Is somebody claiming they shouldn’t consider all the evidence? Somebody besides the Democrats, I mean?

A handful have already stated their opinion on the veracity of the House's inquiry, prior to articles being drafted. If it were a criminal court, like the GOP machine wants voters to consider it as, they'd all have disqualified themselves from sitting on the jury.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Which I dismiss due to the fact your close mindedness removes all credibility. You did it to yourself.
I've been shocked to find your lack of credibility myself.
I will watch a breaking news story on CNN because they are good at that. Their opinion hosts are delusional pricks who parrot the DNC party line and are foolish sycophants who believe Adam Schiff even though he is completely nuts. And I mean nuts.

Reactions: Nipigu
Yes. Lindsey Graham has said that he won't even read or consider the evidence.
Well if he said that, shame on him. When I’ve seen him, he’s said just the opposite....that he’s going to look at all the evidence, not just what the Democrats allowed.

A handful have already stated their opinion on the veracity of the House's inquiry, prior to articles being drafted. If it were a criminal court, like the GOP machine wants voters to consider it as, they'd all have disqualified themselves from sitting on the jury.
Don't most criminal trials have circumstantial evidence as a large component of what is presented? According to many on the GOP side of the aisle, all of that should be ignored.

I will watch a breaking news story on CNN because they are good at that. Their opinion hosts are delusional pricks who parrot the DNC party line and are foolish sycophants who believe Adam Schiff even though he is completely nuts. And I mean nuts.
The article wasn't an editorial or an opinion piece. I wouldn't have posted it if it was. It was direct quotes on the process by former GOP senators who have been involved in other impeachment proceedings. I'm not the one demonstrating close mindedness and the lack of credibility.

Facts. Facts. Facts. Presented by both sides. B-O-T-H.
Neither Trump nor any of his administration honored the subpoenas that would have allowed them to present "their side". They have chosen to not be put under oath to testify. That doesn't make you ask why? If Trump can be so easily cleared and his "perfect call" shown to be just that, why won't they swear in and say that?

OK, you aren’t serious. My bad.

That's really rich coming from you.

Neither Trump nor any of his administration honored the subpoenas that would have allowed them to present "their side". They have chosen to not be put under oath to testify. That doesn't make you ask why? If Trump can be so easily cleared and his "perfect call" shown to be just that, why won't they swear in and say that?

Just impeach him and let it go to trial.

Reactions: Lone Clone
Don't most criminal trials have circumstantial evidence as a large component of what is presented? According to many on the GOP side of the aisle, all of that should be ignored.

Probably, the biggest issue I have with this whole thing is uninformed so many people are as to how this process is supposed to work.

The men that created it were very clear, and took very good notes on the debate that led them to including it in the Constitution. The people that voted for Trump to tear down our institutions are getting exactly what they voted for. Unfortunately for all of us, it's only going to turn out poorly for future health of the county.

I'll never understand how anyone can read the founders notes and think that this process is outside the vision that they set forth. Impeachment is inherently political in the House, and is supposed to go to the Senate for fair deliberation. Some of the Senators in leadership roles have already weakened the process by commenting either for or against, while other(like Grassley) seem to have a handle on the potential precedent they can set by going down to the level of "the people's house".

I didn’t think so. Just checking to make sure.

giphy.gif

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
Probably, the biggest issue I have with this whole thing is uninformed so many people are as to how this process is supposed to work.

The men that created it were very clear, and took very good notes on the debate that led them to including it in the Constitution. The people that voted for Trump to tear down our institutions are getting exactly what they voted for. Unfortunately for all of us, it's only going to turn out poorly for future health of the county.

I'll never understand how anyone can read the founders notes and think that this process is outside the vision that they set forth. Impeachment is inherently political in the House, and is supposed to go to the Senate for fair deliberation. Some of the Senators in leadership roles have already weakened the process by commenting either for or against, while other(like Grassley) seem to have a handle on the potential precedent they can set by going down to the level of "the people's house".
Are you actually saying the House is supposed to be partisan and unfair but the Senate is not? I was always of the belief that both houses were supposed to be fair. If you are correct, it explains a lot.

Are you actually saying the House is supposed to be partisan and unfair but the Senate is not? I was always of the belief that both houses were supposed to be fair. If you are correct, it explains a lot.

No, the House is supposed to present a case, and the founders knew it would be political. The Senate, prior to them being open to being voted out by the electorate, was supposed to have a higher standard of conduct. It's not looking like that will be the case.

They're in the process. Maybe instead of working so hard not to read current events, you should at least try keeping up on the big stuff?
I ought to apologize for something here. I am watching football and following this thread on my cell phone, so I’m not in a good position to follow links and do reaserarch.

That's exactly what they're doing. I know that's been reported on sites other than CNN.

Maybe instead of working so hard not to read current events, you should at least try keeping up on the big stuff?

You got me there. I don’t read up on CNN trash. But otherwise, get on with the impeachment and trial. I suspect they’ll be a lot of disappointment just like on November 8th.

Are you saying that the current House is not following the rules that were established by a previous session?

No, the House is supposed to present a case, and the founders knew it would be political. The Senate, prior to them being open to being voted out by the electorate, was supposed to have a higher standard of conduct. It's not looking like that will be the case.
That hasn’t been the case since before WW1. If you are advocating repeal of the 17th Amendment, I might go along with you.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
I ought to apologize for something here. I am watching football and following this thread on my cell phone, so I’m not in a good position to follow links and do reaserarch.

I didn't post a link. When you have time, you should read the Federalist papers on the subject. Their debate as to the process and thresholds of impeachment are eerily premonitory of the situation our country is in right now.

That hasn’t been the case since before WW1. If you are advocating repeal of the 17th Amendment, I might go along with you.

Right, but opening the Senate to the will of the people shouldn't change the expectations of the conduct of Senators, yet it has.

Great, now I'm the conservative. :rolleyes:

I didn't post a link. When you have time, you should read the Federalist papers on the subject. Their debate as to the process and thresholds of impeachment are eerily premonitory of the situation our country is in right now.
Read them but a long long long time ago. I was referring to your comment when I asked what Trump had accused what’s his name of lying about under oath.

The entire impeachment process is political which is being borne out...again.

Right, but opening the Senate to the will of the people shouldn't change the expectations of the conduct of Senators, yet it has.

Great, now I'm the conservative. :rolleyes:
Of course it has. That’s why the Fiunder were against and why they were overruled later when people changed their minds about which evil was the lesser: A senate answerable only to a few politicians in each state, or a senate that basically is just another version of the House.

Do you see CNN as an objective unbiased source for political news?
What part of this is difficult for you to understand?

Look at the quotes, review the sources of information for a story, review the methodology for polls, etc.

Is there a slant to CNN in general? A bit to the left. However, it doesn’t negate the facts being reported. Fox obviously slants to the right, but it still doesn’t indicate all stories reported by them are without merit.

To assume all stories are biased and not factual when reported by particular news organizations is simply being ignorant.

Note: I’m not talking about the media outlets like Breitbart or Daily Kos who push certain biases and don’t concern themselves with being factual.

Read them but a long long long time ago. I was referring to your comment when I asked what Trump had accused what’s his name of lying about under oath.

He denied it was possible to overhear the phone call that Sondland testified to hearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT