ADVERTISEMENT

Consider full evidence on impeachment

You seem to be one who thought the Mueller investigation was a partisan exercise while completely ignoring the fact that Mueller was appointed by Trump's on AG and given direction and scope by Trumps's own Deputy AG. The Democratic Party had little to nothing to do with how that was operated.

Kindly refresh my memory by posting my quotes. I don’t recall even posting in this forum during the Mueller investigation.

Latest poll I've seen want trump impeached and REMOVED.

The polls have been roughly the same on this since October: split. The support for impeachment and removal looks to have plateaued. That’s not good for those hoping for it as we are about to head into the trial. Americans are largely exhausted by this.

The polls have been roughly the same on this since October: split. The support for impeachment and removal looks to have plateaued. That’s not good for those hoping for it as we are about to head into the trial. Americans are largely exhausted by this.
Polls are of little value if one doesn’t review the methodology,

Trump supporters, like you, have no interest or ability in looking at anything that might reflect negatively upon him.

The poll has good methodology.

You lose.

Not so fast. See below.

Completely consistent with my post.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/538-impeachment-tracker-2019

Washington, DC, December 4, 2019 - In the second wave of the FiveThirtyEight/Ipsos impeachment tracker, released Wednesday, Dec 4, 2019, we find that the public hearings on impeachment do not appear to have shifted American public opinion either towards or away from the impeachable character of President Trump’s actions regarding Ukraine. While there is a small increase in the number of people who believe Trump did, in fact, attempt to coerce Ukraine into investigating his political rival, that shift does not translate to changing attitudes on the inappropriateness of his actions.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/most-americans-think-trump-committed-an-impeachable-offense/

As Democrats press forward with the first phase of their impeachment inquiry, they must try to convince a deeply divided American public that President Trump committed impeachable offenses. And according to our impeachment polling tracker, they might be up against tough odds. Overall support for impeachment has been remarkably steady since October, and Americans’ appetite for impeaching and removing Trump may have even started to plateau.

So what is your point? Do you believe that Trump will gain in popularity as a result of this exercise and that this will help him in the election? The data does not show that so far. And, all the data I have seen shows that Trump has remained unpopular throughout this process - including the fact he is losing ground in some of the most important swing states. Do you really see this changing as a result of impeachment? I don’t. I would make a very large wager he won’t somehow get the Clinton sympathy treatment...he does not have any love from independents which that would require.

Or, do you think this helps Republicans in other 2020 races? There may be a few dems in swing districts that take it on the chin (maybe but I expect they will not vote for impeachment), but there will be a large number of republican reps and senators that will have to answer for their vote as well. I am sure the dems have thought through this calculus.

In addition to forcing Trump to answer for his alleged crimes, I think that the dems see this as an opportunity to put the other side on the record as standing with a conniving, bribing, obstructing, treasonous criminal.

So please help me understand why this is truly bad for dems.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
So what is your point?
To support my claim.

Latest poll I've seen want trump impeached and REMOVED.

Do you believe that Trump will gain in popularity...

Nope.

Or, do you think this helps Republicans in other 2020 races?

Don’t know. Not likely.

You have a choice.
The choice has always been yours.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
THEY WANT YOU DIVIDED.
THEY WANT RACE WARS.
THEY WANT CLASS WARS.
THEY WANT RELIGIOUS WARS.
THEY WANT POLITICAL WARS.
THEY USE THE MEDIA.
THEY USE HOLLYWOOD.
THEY USE POLITICAL LEADERS.
THEY ARE LOUD.
GROUP THINK.
PUBLIC SHAME AGAINST THOSE WHO CHALLENGE.
SLAVERY.
THEY KNOW WHAT IS COMING.
IT IS NOW MORE CLEAR THAN EVER.
NEVER IN OUR HISTORY HAVE THEY BEEN THIS EXPOSED.
NEVER IN OUR HISTORY HAVE THEY COME OUT FROM THE SHADOWS TO FIGHT.
THE TRUTH IS CLEARLY VISIBLE.
DEFEND MS-13?
DEFEND THE DESTRUCTION OF OUR BORDERS?
PROMOTE THE FEAR NUCLEAR WAR IF POTUS REMAINS IN OFFICE?
NUCLEAR ALERTS MALFUNCTION?
COMPARE TO HITLER/NAZIS?
PROMOTE VIOLENCE?
PROMOTE HATE?
PROMOTE WAR?
PROMOTE ECONOMIC DECLINE?
PROMOTE NK TO END TALKS W/ POTUS?
PROMOTE IMPEACHMENT FOR NO REASON?
PROMOTE RACISM?
PROMOTE FACISM?
PROMOTE RIOTS?
FORM ANTIFA - VIOLENT GROUP DESIGNED TO INSTILL FEAR IN FREE SPEECH.
HATRED FOR AMERICA.
SHEEP FOLLOW BLINDLY.
THEY ARE SCARED.
THEY ARE LOSING CONTROL.
WE KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME.

WE PLANNED.
WE TOOK CONTROL OVER KEY ELEMENTS.
WE STAND AT THE READY.
WE FIGHT.
DARK TO LIGHT.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
GOD BLESS PATRIOTS AROUND THE WORLD.
THINK FOR YOURSELF.
TRUST YOURSELF.
COURAGE.
TOGETHER
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong."

I just burned 100 calories rolling my eyes.

To support my claim.

Your claim above was that the poll results are “not good for those hoping for it as we are about to head into the trial”.

I asked why, provided my view and you more or less agreed with my logic. So, if you are simply saying that the investigation has not moved popular opinion on impeachment then we are in violent agreement.

However, you clearly said the polls were not good for those wanting to see Trump impeached and my question on why that is remains unanswered.

If 50% want trump impeached and removed, that should really bother you and your republicans. It's not like only 10 or 15 percent

Your claim above was that the poll results are “not good for those hoping for it as we are about to head into the trial”.

I asked why, provided my view and you more or less agreed with my logic. So, if you are simply saying that the investigation has not moved popular opinion on impeachment then we are in violent agreement.

You asked me for my point. Then we are in agreement.

However, you clearly said the polls were not good for those wanting to see Trump impeached and my question on why that is remains unanswered.

Indeed. And I also said: [Because...] Americans are largely exhausted by this.

If 50% want trump impeached and removed, that should really bother you and your republicans. It's not like only 10 or 15 percent

It doesn’t trouble me. It spells trouble for a conviction at trial though.

I am not bothered (nor bewitched nor bewildered, for those of you of mature years) as I don’t see what difference it makes. If the poll you cite is correct, then about the same number of Americans don’t want Trump to be president as didn’t want him to be president in November, 2016.

I wonder what % would allow the republicans to say he should be impeached? I've seen percentages as high or higher than 90% of Americans want background checks on persons buying weapons, and that doesn't move the republican congressmen, so probably trump shooting someone on 5th avenue won't qualify either.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT