ADVERTISEMENT

Controversial headstone in Iowa

I don’t even see this. I see the f, u, c, and k, but I don’t then see the “off” in the rest of the epitaph.

Yup.

It used to be: Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Today it's: I'M OFFENDED! YOU'LL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER!!!!
Thing is…I don’t think a lot of these folks are actually offended…like the subject of this thread. It’s just a tool to get what they want.

I did the same thing in my high school newspaper for the Valentine's Day issue. By noon, people had caught on and were laughing their asses off. I was in ap English when the hall monitor came to my English teacher and said the principal wanted to see me. I was internally thinking what took so long. My English teacher remarked, oh I'm sure it's nothing at all. You can leave your books and be back in fifteen minutes. I muttered not likely lady. When I reached the office there were people in the hallway who wanted to high five me and sign their paper copy. The principal and my counselor were a shade of eggplant. They threatened me with arrest, expulsion, detention, withdrawal of credits, diploma etc (internally you know they were laughing their asses off). We finally settled on please don't do this shit again. I see I have a fellow Iowan with similar talent. Bravo good sir. I shall toast to you. Don't believe me? Check out the Valentine's Day issue of ic west's west side story Feb 1989 😉

You gotta be trying hard to get offended by this.

Besides, I don't even see the "off".

It's f-*-c-k-f-u-f-c.

I don’t even see this. I see the f, u, c, and k, but I don’t then see the “off” in the rest of the epitaph.
Looks like they have it broken up like this from what I can see from the shot frozen in the video.

Forever in our hearts,
until we meet again,
cherished memories,
known as

our son, brother,
father, papa, uncle,
friend, and cousin,

Yup.

It used to be: Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Today it's: I'M OFFENDED! YOU'LL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER!!!!

Or… those stories don’t actually happen that often and get magnified so people can feed your addiction to anger

But maybe not. I really don’t know anymore

I’m not offended. But after reading the comments from his family he seemed like a miserable old douche.

Looks like they have it broken up like this from what I can see from the shot frozen in the video.

Forever in our hearts,
until we meet again,
cherished memories,
known as

our son, brother,
father, papa, uncle,
friend, and cousin,

Ahhh. Didn't see that. That makes things a little different.

Forever in our hearts,
until we meet again,
cherished memories,
known as

our son, brother,
father, papa, uncle,
friend, and cousin,

Kind off suspected this but could not get the vid to play. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT