Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
What an experience for him!

Watch:

Click on images for larger view:

NooIBG3D

D9ChxgcXoAAOZLK.jpg

Last edited:
Iowa will have 40 minutes of high quality play at the 5. Better than Woody/Gabe because both Luka and Ryan can score.

Also, two big boys that will give a lot of fouls but also draw a lot of fouls. Our very own Legio Victrix.

As a backup... Jack will be at the 4 spot. If not starting, then he'll be getting starter minutes.
Those positions are fairly interchangeable between Garza, Nunge and Kriener. IMHO, Pemsl is really the only player limited to the pf position on this team.

Reactions: easy2
Those positions are fairly interchangeable between Garza, Nunge and Kriener. IMHO, Pemsl is really the only player limited to the pf position on this team.

I'll give you that. However there are a lot of shorter lineups out there. And Cordell has beefed up again. He'll be able to handle his own in the middle...

Don't forget Nunge. He'll be a center.

Might be. I really hope all the off season hype about Jack is close to true. Freshman year he certainly showed some flashes when he was playing 4/5 position but he was obviously much too weak to play heavy minutes.

Part of my optimism for the upcoming season is an expectation that Jack will provide solid play. I'm pulling for Cordell to start and think he will be an outstanding player if the injuries haven't deprived him of sufficient athleticism; plus he's an Iowa kid with a huge heart that committed early. But, I'm also counting on quality play from Jack 'cuz we need depth. One of the two needs to be a good player to be sure.

Reactions: jasonrann
Might be. I really hope all the off season hype about Jack is close to true. Freshman year he certainly showed some flashes when he was playing 4/5 position but he was obviously much too weak to play heavy minutes.

Part of my optimism for the upcoming season is an expectation that Jack will provide solid play. I'm pulling for Cordell to start and think he will be an outstanding player if the injuries haven't deprived him of sufficient athleticism; plus he's an Iowa kid with a huge heart that committed early. But, I'm also counting on quality play from Jack 'cuz we need depth. One of the two needs to be a good player to be sure.

Just playing Nunge at the 4/5 will serve him far better than trying to play the 3. In the clips I have seen recently, he looks big, agile and more athletic. Pumped about him!

Says an idiot to a guy with over 10,000 posts and almost 12,000 likes as compared to your contribution of less than 4000 posts and less than 1100 likes.He was just reacting to your stupid post which had my head shaking, too. Have you seen Jack play this summer? Didn't think so .

Reactions: perryhawk
Since when did post count become a measuring stick for intelligence? Did anyone let Mensa know they need to update their criterion?

LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: HerkysDad
Says an idiot to a guy with over 10,000 posts and almost 12,000 likes as compared to your contribution of less than 4000 posts and less than 1100 likes.He was just reacting to your stupid post which had my head shaking, too. Have you seen Jack play this summer? Didn't think so .

Wait. Did you really use "Likes" as a reason to validate a poster??

There are better things to do than bringing back month old posts about Jack Nunge (and arguing about 'likes') while drunk at 2:30 in the morning.

RK has done more than I would have thought he'd do. Good for him.
While he and Pemsl have their limitations, they also have an established body of work with significant positive contributions. That is worth more than any message board or practice accolades

Very cool ...and he was being interviewed in the weight room, which is where I hope the entire team is spending lots of time this summer.

I get it, but I'd rather the players were actually working on basketball skills--dribbling, passing, shooting, quickness on defense, blocking out on rebounding--stuff like that. I HATE the emphasis on weights, especially in sports like basketball and baseball.

There was a time, not that long ago, when no basketball or baseball player would ever lift a weight and, guess what? Those guys had skills, and they seldom got hurt . . . especially injuries like ACLs, hamstrings, and various other muscle-ligament-tendon things that happen all the time since the weight lifting era began.

Basketball is not supposed to be a game of strength but a game of speed, quickness, and skill. FWIW.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I get it, but I'd rather the players were actually working on basketball skills--dribbling, passing, shooting, quickness on defense, blocking out on rebounding--stuff like that. I HATE the emphasis on weights, especially in sports like basketball and baseball.

There was a time, not that long ago, when no basketball or baseball player would ever lift a weight and, guess what? Those guys had skills, and they seldom got hurt . . . especially injuries like ACLs, hamstrings, and various other muscle-ligament-tendon things that happen all the time since the weight lifting era began.

Basketball is not supposed to be a game of strength but a game of speed, quickness, and skill. FWIW.

Agree and disagree. Agree basketball is supposed to be a game like you describe, and that is more fun to watch IMHO. Disagree that basketball players shouldn't lift. They shouldn't be looking to become massive, but they should try to get stronger and eliminate deficiencies. Without some development, the MSU's of the world will beat us by 40 instead of 20! You can also look at individual players and see when they just aren't strong enough to finish or guard or xxxxxx, and see that change as they gain strength. Very important for programs that don't get 4 and 5 star guys across the roster. Lots of those guys here over the years.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Since when did post count become a measuring stick for intelligence? Did anyone let Mensa know they need to update their criterion?

LOL
What would you know about a measuring stick for intelligence? Who the hell said anything about the number of posts having a reflection on anyone's intelligence. If post count was a measuring stick, you'd have a huge negative number of posts. Punka44444 disparaged a poster by saying that ''You must be new here''. The guy that he was disparaging had almost 11,000 posts and has been here for over 12 years. That is what I was responding to and that fact that so many people have validated his posts says a lot about what he has to say. Now, do that right thing and turn back in any degree that you have received which I'm imagining would require a trip back to your Junior High School.

There are better things to do than bringing back month old posts about Jack Nunge (and arguing about 'likes') while drunk at 2:30 in the morning.
Just responding to a post. Stupid stuff said on the internet doesn't have a expiration date. Don't believe me, ask a liberal politician. The internet has a way of preserving the stupid things that people say. Case in point, you saying that a poster must be new here when he has posted longer than you have. That is what I was pointing out. That and the fact that his posts have been validated a hell of a lot of times does prove that he is legitament. What about you?

Just responding to a post. Stupid stuff said on the internet doesn't have a expiration date. Don't believe me, ask a liberal politician. The internet has a way of preserving the stupid things that people say. Case in point, you saying that a poster must be new here when he has posted longer than you have. That is what I was pointing out. That and the fact that his posts have been validated a hell of a lot of times does prove that he is legitament. What about you?

Woof, please tell me you're not this serious and literal in your everyday life. All that happened was he said don't forget Nunge, so I jokingly alluded to how he's been hyped up all off-season on this board. He sends a confused gif, so I responded with the famous Wilder "you must be new here". Not literal, a joke. Take it easy, for the sake of everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye

Would someone please forward this to Izzo....:rolleyes:

What would you know about a measuring stick for intelligence? Who the hell said anything about the number of posts having a reflection on anyone's intelligence. If post count was a measuring stick, you'd have a huge negative number of posts. Punka44444 disparaged a poster by saying that ''You must be new here''. The guy that he was disparaging had almost 11,000 posts and has been here for over 12 years. That is what I was responding to and that fact that so many people have validated his posts says a lot about what he has to say. Now, do that right thing and turn back in any degree that you have received which I'm imagining would require a trip back to your Junior High School.

You referred to the guy as an “idiot,” which is a comment on a lack of intelligence. Then you contrast his being an “idiot with an example of a high post and “like” count. Thereby implying the transitive of a high “like” count to the opposite of being an idiot, I.e. intelligence.

Clearly you are clueless to your own writings. Perhaps you should consider refraining from posting?

Reactions: Hawk87
Woof, please tell me you're not this serious and literal in your everyday life. All that happened was he said don't forget Nunge, so I jokingly alluded to how he's been hyped up all off-season on this board. He sends a confused gif, so I responded with the famous Wilder "you must be new here". Not literal, a joke. Take it easy, for the sake of everyone.
So, what you are now saying is that your replies were stupid and that everyone should just ignore you. Gotcha!

For someone who has, oh, say, over 6000 posts but less than 400 likes...where do they rank on the legitimacy scale?

o_O
I believe that this is my question to answer and it is an excellent question. Most of my 6000 plus posts were made BEFORE this site started even registering likes. I started posting in 2006. That was 13 years ago. I stopped posting sometime after I had 5,000 or so posts and only began to post again a few years back. Additionally, I call out the bullsh!t and since there are so many in that club, my posts are not necessarily appreciated by those in that club. My appeal is to those who don't like all the BS either and and sometimes I strike a chord with some of them. There are not as many of us as there is those who spew it. Thanks you asking.

You referred to the guy as an “idiot,” which is a comment on a lack of intelligence. Then you contrast his being an “idiot with an example of a high post and “like” count. Thereby implying the transitive of a high “like” count to the opposite of being an idiot, I.e. intelligence.

Clearly you are clueless to your own writings. Perhaps you should consider refraining from posting?
You know that you're allowed to take poetic license with your BS, but you're not allowed to tell me what I said. Actually, there are lots of idiots who have more than a modicum of intelligence. I am a fair guy though and I am willing to give you a second chance. So, here is a reply that I sent to the person whose post we are discussing. It should set you straight. And, please note that by saying this should set you straight, I am not inferring that you are not straight. See what I did there. Blew up your premise altogether. I'll quote myself rather than retyping that reply, ''Just responding to a post. Stupid stuff said on the internet doesn't have a expiration date. Don't believe me, ask a liberal politician. The internet has a way of preserving the stupid things that people say. Case in point, you saying that a poster must be new here when he has posted longer than you have. That is what I was pointing out. That and the fact that his posts have been validated a hell of a lot of times does prove that he is legitament. What about you?'' Now go play your imaginary word games with someone else.

So, what you are now saying is that your replies were stupid and that everyone should just ignore you. Gotcha!

Yes, a slow and unfunny person like yourself would consider a joke to be stupid. Glad you're finally catching up though, this all could have been avoided. Props to LaQuinta for pointing out mtown's "like" stats. That's funny stuff right there, never noticed that before. The guy who calls my "like" total out (what kind of non-female, assuming you're non-female, does that in the first place?) doesn't even have 400! What a looooooooooser!

Ok I think that's enough of the bball board for now, I've got my fix. I'll let the rest of you guys entertain the pissed off mtown for awhile.

This has become a really informative Kriener thread. Oh wait, its just another pissing match. That's why I can't wait for the games to start and actually talk about bb.

Reactions: twindman
I believe that this is my question to answer and it is an excellent question. Most of my 6000 plus posts were made BEFORE this site started even registering likes. I started posting in 2006. That was 13 years ago. I stopped posting sometime after I had 5,000 or so posts and only began to post again a few years back. Additionally, I call out the bullsh!t and since there are so many in that club, my posts are not necessarily appreciated by those in that club. My appeal is to those who don't like all the BS either and and sometimes I strike a chord with some of them. There are not as many of us as there is those who spew it. Thanks you asking.
That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read.
o_O

;)

Yes, a slow and unfunny person like yourself would consider a joke to be stupid. Glad you're finally catching up though, this all could have been avoided. Props to LaQuinta for pointing out mtown's "like" stats. That's funny stuff right there, never noticed that before. The guy who calls my "like" total out (what kind of non-female, assuming you're non-female, does that in the first place?) doesn't even have 400! What a looooooooooser!

Ok I think that's enough of the bball board for now, I've got my fix. I'll let the rest of you guys entertain the pissed off mtown for awhile.
Say, now you're demeaning females. I guess we can add sexist to your list of attributes. And, if you were truly smart, you'd have read why I have a low like count. I had over 5,000 posts before the site started recording likes. I had quit posting for several years. Regardless, the point was never about me. It was about a dofus calling someone out for being new here. Oh, that's right. The dofus was you. BTW, for anything to be a joke, there needs to be more humor involved and less stupidity.Of course, a slow and unfunny guy like you would find something stupid to be funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT