ADVERTISEMENT

Cool scene in ames

lil bro has consecutive wins over ranked teams. I doubt that's ever happened before. Iowa played 10 bowl teams last year. Stats like that make great years taste even better.

Who cares about those losers ... Ames is the armpit of the Iowa.., and the cyclones are a bunch of thugs and criminals ... wish nothing but the worst to our little b.....s to the west .

That was the worst excuse for a #6 team ever. Nice D by WVU - who plays a 3-3 defense anymore? They made running the ball a gimme besides the fact they can’t tackle. And no answer for a 3 man rush. Kept trying to solely pass it into 8 man coverage. Big12 stinks.

lil bro has consecutive wins over ranked teams. I doubt that's ever happened before. Iowa played 10 bowl teams last year. Stats like that make great years taste even better.

Thing is sometimes in Sept. early October when you beat a ranked you have to take it with a grain of salt sometimes. For instance a team like Okie St. who was #25 when they played at the end of year most people will be wondering how in the heck they were ever ranked. Especially after they got blown out by a bad KState team yesterday to move to 4-3 with a blow out loss to Texas Tech earlier in the year.

It's the SEC effect every year they give them 6-7 ranked teams in the preseason top 25 and they have teams early on beating "ranked" teams. Even though half have no business being in top 25.

I don't care if you like the clones or not but you just have to love scenes like that at the end of the game up there.
A lot of fun and a great scene, but that's the third win in the past year over a team ranked #6 or higher, 5-2 during that period against ranked teams. Might be getting to be time to act like we've been there before.

How many of them won bowl games ?

Bowl games are about as relevant as 20 win basketball seasons in this era. Bowl winners needs to be considered.

Iowa state found a legit QB and r is only a freshman. They should be excited.

Last edited:
I'll pull for the Cyclones when they are playing any Big12 team anytime I want to and I don't care what anyone else thinks. I've been a Hawkeye since 1958 and none of these Johnny Come Latelys on this board can make it different.

You guys ain't revoking shit.
giphy.gif

Go circle jerk with them on their site.
How many of them won bowl games ?

Bowl games are about as relevant as 20 win basketball seasons in this era. Bowl winners needs to be considered.

Iowa state found a legit QB and r is only a freshman. They should be excited.

And these 2 garbage teams isu beat in a row should be considered as well. Osu will prove to be trash and if that was the #6 team in the country, yikes.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
The last time ISU beat ranked teams in consecutive weeks was 1973.
That's also a matter of circumstance, because you actually have to have two ranked teams on your schedule in back to back weeks.

I think Iowa had that opportunity with Ohio State and Wisconsin last year, but it's certainly not a common occurrence on our annual schedules.

Reactions: D-Ram
If you're talking back to back "games" against ranked opponents, the last time Iowa did it was in 2004-

#9 Wisconsin, won 30-7
#12 LSU, won 30-25 (Outback Bowl)

If you're talking back to back "weeks", then last time would be all the way back in 1960, when Iowa accomplished what is probably an even rarer feat of beating 4 straight ranked opponents, and in 4 straight weeks. (fyi, Iowa played 6 straight ranked opponents in 1960 and went 5-1 in that stretch)-

at #13 Michigan State, won 27-15
#12 Wisconsin, won 28-21
#16 Purdue, won 21-14
#19 Kansas, won 21-7

Iowa was ranked 3rd, 2nd, and #1 twice, respectively, in those games.

That's also a matter of circumstance, because you actually have to have two ranked teams on your schedule in back to back weeks.

I think Iowa had that opportunity with Ohio State and Wisconsin last year, but it's certainly not a common occurrence on our annual schedules.
That isn't particularly unusual for Iowa State (Having two back-to-back,that is; not beating them). I wouldn't be surprised if it happened more than it didn't when Mac was coaching.

That isn't particularly unusual for Iowa State (Having two back-to-back,that is; not beating them). I wouldn't be surprised if it happened more than it didn't when Mac was coaching.
Last time Iowa State had a chance to do it was in 2015, twice.

They also had a stretch of 6 straight seasons from 2010-2015 where they played ranked opponents in back to back weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT