ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean Heisman Trophy Candidate 2023

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
If this kid keeps going off like this he has to be a strong candidate for consideration at least next year… is there anything this kid can’t do? Yeah I understand very premature but if he continues to excel he’s definitely going to be on the radar next season… as far as this season first team BT he should be considered as well.. love his play Nile Kinnick would of absolutely loved this kid.

I see a lot of Tim Dwight in Cooper. As far as athletic ability, size, speed and football smarts.
Too bad we don't put athletes on the offensive side of the ball. For example Cooper and Xavier.
We could really use these guys on offense.
Cooper is a lot bigger than Tim Dwight ever was. Ability, speed and field vision absolutely

If Kirk can convince PP we need Coop to get just 4-6 touches on offense a game he might have a chance.
This will never happen. Kirk will need to be convinced that Dejean should get touches at any offensive position. Unless something dramatically changes, we'll never seen Cooper on offense. Kirk is very stubborn playing usually the most veteran players and at certain positions (QB) sticking with 1 guy to a fault. I believe that Cooper as QB makes a ton of sense with him taking snaps in HS. Would really throw a wrinkle into our offense. We don't have a real offensive coordinator that plays to players strengths.

Cooper is a lot bigger than Tim Dwight ever was. Ability, speed and field vision absolutely
Not even close. Tim Dwight was special, very special. Coop's a great athlete playing the wrong position ( Hawks face brutal qb, see OhioSt 2nd half) Bill Walsh said Tim Dwight was the one recruit, he didn't get that he really wanted. Let's see Bill Walsh or Hayden Fry lol. Tim Dwight was one of the most mis used players ever.

He might have Woodson's 3 way talent. The only things keeping him from making that kind of splash are opportunity and publicity, and the fact that he plays for Iowa and not Michigan.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
I have hard time believing that him at QB wouldn't be more effective than the shit show we have there now. The idea of the ball in his hands every offensive snap seems like a no brainer, but fully admit I'm an armchair fan.

Reactions: jo2knight
I have hard time believing that him at QB wouldn't be more effective than the shit show we have there now. The idea of the ball in his hands every offensive snap seems like a no brainer, but fully admit I'm an armchair fan.
I think fans just want a QB with mobility.

Wonder what that would look like?

Reactions: jo2knight
If this kid keeps going off like this he has to be a strong candidate for consideration at least next year… is there anything this kid can’t do? Yeah I understand very premature but if he continues to excel he’s definitely going to be on the radar next season… as far as this season first team BT he should be considered as well.. love his play Nile Kinnick would of absolutely loved this kid.
No way. Too many good offensive players on top teams for him to get consideration for that.

You think. A corner from a four to five loss team is a Heisman candidate. You people. Get a grip.

Tim Dwight was one of the most misused players ever.
After he retired, Hayden admitted as much. He said he regretted not using Dwight in the backfield instead of solely at WR. I never understood why a guy who played Jeff Brown (look him up) at RB thought Dwight would be better suited at WR. Sometimes even the greatest coaches have a blind spot. Hayden admitted that Dwight was his.

He would need to play both sides of the ball and show big play ability on offense. He would also need to return a couple of kicks for touchdowns. Not saying it is impossible, but very much not likely. It also does not hurt as CB to have Moss on the other side. He gets lots of chances to defend.

Logic would tell you if you can move the sticks on offensive with Cooper your defense would be spending less time on the field. He might reduce the # of snaps for himself and everyone on the defense unit if we can reduce our offensive three and outs.

Just Saying What Can I Say GIF by Bachelor in Paradise Canada

After he retired, Hayden admitted as much. He said he regretted not using Dwight in the backfield instead of solely at WR. I never understood why a guy who played Jeff Brown (look him up) at RB thought Dwight would be better suited at WR. Sometimes even the greatest coaches have a blind spot. Hayden admitted that Dwight was his.
Might be because we had Tavian Banks and Sederick Shaw at RB. 2 of the better backs Iowa has ever had. Biggest problem is our defense those 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT