ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean (6'1", 200lbs) Will Star at Safety/Cash. Ran 10.66 in 100M. Adidas Nat'l Player of the Year & An All American + Video Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're playing smaller class football in Iowa, it's just really hard for the ranking services to get a gauge on how good a player like Dejean is, he's just such a superior athlete to everyone on the field it's hard to judge what you're watching.

He certainly looks to have all the attributes, speed, strength, toughness. I would imagine there will be a steep adjustment curve for him being on the field with players who are his equal or better athletically. That's true of all high school players, but will be more marked for him given the level of competition he faced in high school.
Excellent points Dodger. Every couple of decades you see a superior athlete like Cooper show up in a small class playing against kids who are just no where near his level and he looks like he is literally from another planet. It has to be very hard to translate that to other athletes in bigger classes and to guage how he'll adjust to them. Glad he is a Hawk!

First time I've seen those videos. This lad looks objectively blazing fast. I mean, he does look like a pro playing the HS JV at times but the speed seems very high top end. It looks like he could get behind most Big Ten cornerbacks.

This kid is a serious athlete wow! He’s gotta be our most underrated recruit this year.

Dejean is the best player in the state. Really underrated on the ratings services. If he would have had a summer of camps the kid would have a boatload of offers and a higher rating.

Live in Underwood and was at the game last night. Was expecting a tremendous athlete, and obviously wasn't disappointed. What I didnt expect was the arm. Probably not elite arm strength, but very good. But he was extremely accurate in the pocket, rolling out, and throwing off his backfoot. If he doesnt get a shot at playing QB at Iowa, would be a shame.
It would be more than a shame. It would be complete incompetence.

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
check these out & watch:

What an athlete!!! I know we are debating the merits of him on offense or defense, but wow just find a home! Given the fact that our D is fairly loaded, he'd probably find a home sooner perhaps on offense but not sure exactly where.
I'm sure he'll get some PT as a 4 game minimum on special teams perhaps..

Reactions: Smokinthereiff
What an athlete!!! I know we are debating the merits of him on offense or defense, but wow just find a home! Given the fact that our D is fairly loaded, he'd probably find a home sooner perhaps on offense but not sure exactly where.
I'm sure he'll get some PT as a 4 game minimum on special teams perhaps..
Again, remember the level of competition here then in the bigten. There are are incoming freshman that can do between the legs/360/etc dunks .

Hopefully you saw all the other videos in this thread. Quite the athlete we are getting. ;)
jtidgodes6s5igswxokf

@InsaneHawkJJP @hawkosx

In case you missed it, I posted what follows 10 months ago in the original post.

I have posted several other football and basketball videos of Cooper in this thread.

His vertical and his athleticism are impressive. He's gonna be a great safety for the Hawks.

Check this out & Watch:

Last edited:
Reactions: drew_hawk
I couldn't care less if he was playing midgets I'm super impressed with his unbelievable athleticism whether watching him play football, basketball or run track. The kid is impressive! I can easily see him becoming an All BIG DB maybe even All American

completely agree

and it's not by accident that he was named the Adidas National Player of the Year and is an All American

Reactions: Tytyhawk
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT