ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean (6'1", 200lbs) Will Star at Safety/Cash. Ran 10.66 in 100M. Adidas Nat'l Player of the Year & An All American + Video Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sash was an accomplished track sprinter against high level competition. The over-promotion of this guy does a real disservice to him. Just stop with the absurd hyperbole because some very real athletic challenges are coming his way. Maybe for the first time in his life. He has never competed against high level competition. He has potential, let him develop and adjust.

good points

Unfortunately Cooper never got to attend any of the high level football camps. All the Nike, Adidas and UA camps were shut down and the All American game was cancelled. It is impossible to tell how long it will take for him to adjust athletically but I am confident he will quickly.

Personally I think the tougher adjustment will be how he adjusts to the physical nature of the game.

I think Sash is a good comparison.

It just occurred to me, that if Cooper is as good as he seems, we need to find a way to have Belton & DeJean on the field together on defense. That's covering a lot of field with very athletic defenders.

We have to get the National Player of the Year on campus, first.

I have a feeling we will see him in 4 games and that's about it.

We shall see.

He has indeed been running track this year. Currently he's tied for 9th best in Iowa in the 100 M @ 11.09 seconds and 17th best in Iowa in the 200 M @ 22.59 seconds and 4th best in Iowa in the long jump @ 22'6". He'll likely easily make Drake Relays in all 3 of those individual events. His team's 4 x 100 relay team will likely make it to Drake as well but only because they take the top 48 to Drake in that event (ridiculous), their best so far is 44.86 which has them at 34th best in the state.

16 days ago, on March 24th, I posted that he was running track. And my source? Cooper himself. Go up 6 posts and you will see that.

Thanks for the update. And don't feed the trolls in the duplicate thread.

Find a home for him...somewhere. Would LOVE to see him at TE. That said, a practice observer told me the other day Arland Bruce could be fastest player on team after watching practice, so there's that. I know wrong thread but carry on!

DeJean low 11 second 100 meters in first meet and 22,43 200 meters. Watched him play and very accurate thrower but his coach told me his best position will be safety. He loves to hit people

thanks for the track updates

i still wish he had early enrolled so that he'd be part of spring practices

i guess he wants to experience his entire senior year

11 second 100 yd dash, running into the wind. Is that good? ;)

h8mVyozj

He has pretty decent speed but those time aren't going to turn heads. Its early in the track season. He will likely improve.
This.
Some need to tap the brakes a little.
I doubt he'll make the Drake finals in anything but maybe long jump.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
Saw he just one the Relays long jump and ran a 10.7 split in the 4x100. I think he is criminally underrated by the ratings services. Every bit the prospect Nwankpa is at safety.
Based on their performances in the Dome this year he’s a better prospect than Nwankpa. Can’t speak to it beyond seeing them there.

Saw he just one the Relays long jump and ran a 10.7 split in the 4x100. I think he is criminally underrated by the ratings services. Every bit the prospect Nwankpa is at safety.
Better all-around athlete for sure. I went to school with a guy like Cooper - HS QB, starting G and a top scorer in BB, top 400m finisher at State, BB pitcher with a major college fastball and could hit with power .... he just (seemingly effortlessly) excelled at whatever sport he picked up; a real natural athlete.

DeJean is one of those unique type athletes that come around only so often. Hard to say right now if he can play the Safety position better than Nwankpa but no doubt he was under-rated by the commercial recruiting services. The Iowa staff is good at evaluating these under-rated guys, Reece Morgan hauled in quite a few.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT