ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean

As ugly as it was Saturday I still have to give some credit to Cooper DeJean. Kid was all over the field and ended up with a game high 11 tackles, an interception, along with stellar play on special teams as well. He's the real deal. Need to get him on the field as much as possible.

They were picking on him for a while and it wasn't always good. That said, he's young is he will be good. I remember Moss going through that same thing his first year.

As ugly as it was Saturday I still have to give some credit to Cooper DeJean. Kid was all over the field and ended up with a game high 11 tackles, an interception, along with stellar play on special teams as well. He's the real deal. Need to get him on the field as much as possible.
He brought a damn good game Saturday.
Hey, wasn’t he a high school QB? Put him in at QB we couldn’t do any worse.

I think he could run the wildcat like nobody's business. Kid is a baller.
Many coaches would do exactly that as a change-up to the standard offense. But Iowa's 24-year veteran coach ain't cut from that cloth. If KF had his way, we'd all be drivin' horse-drawn wagons to the games on Saturday.

You look around the country every week and you see a Marshall beating a Notre Dame. You see an Appalachian State beating a Texas A&M. You even see Kansas playing big-boy football. You see athletes all over the field. You see innovative, aggressive offenses built to score and score often. You see QBs who can pass accurately, perfect protection or not, and who can scramble and often run like a running back. You see excitement and enthusiasm from the offensive players.

Meanwhile, in Iowa City you see an offense designed to do . . . what, exactly? You see offensive players who trudge around like they were working in a coal mine. You don't see any of the things you see from such traditional powers as those Appalachian State and Marshall outfits.

Oh well. Ferentz Family Football is thriving financially, so no need to fret.

Rarely good when a "CB" leads the team in tackles - they were definitely going after him (to be expected when your other options are Moss & Roberts), but with a lot of dev, he will be very solid.

Cooper DeJean = Next Iowa quarterback -​

lavar-ball.gif

Anyone that saw him play in HS is thinking this same damn thing!
I have said this before, but I saw him in person 2 times in HS and he was one of the best high school football athletes I have ever seen in person at a skill position. He is very elusive with the ball. I hope he gets a chance returning kicks or punts at some period of time. I think is on the kick return team, but I haven't seen him with the ball yet. Personally, I think he would do pretty well at QB for Iowa as well.

Someone correct me if wrong but Cooper was throwing the ball with the other qbs during pregame warmups. Unless there’s another #3.

I don't know where you got that stat? He did not have anything close to that number. He did have a very good game tho.

I don't know where you got that stat? He did not have anything close to that number. He did have a very good game tho.
Check the date of the post. That stat (11 tackles) was from the ISU game.

Cooper is a very good player, seasoned beyond his years. I’d hate to see him leave after next season but it’s a distinct possibility.

" Need to get him on the field as much as possible."

I think that is already happenong based on the number of snaps he was in on, and also playing special teams. Just sayin'. And, yes, he looks very good. A pleasant surprise indeed.

Reactions: MilleGinja
This kid is a big play waiting to happen. He’s an Absolute Star. Future All- American. Did I miss anything? Remember when Christian McCafrey won the ‘16 Rose Bowl? Just Imagine what this kid would do with the ball and some open spaces.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
We knew he is a great athlete. Now we can also see his high FB IQ with his anticipation, angles taken, etc.

Parker has said that he could play 4 positions. I'll go past that. He could not only play 7 positions,(4 DB, 2 WR, and QB) but he would be the best player we have at any of those positions.

His highest value is at QB. Another of KF's QB blunders.

Seems like he has the talent to be a modern day Nile Kinnick, except kicking is such a specialty in the modern game and there is no way KF would play a guy on both offense and defense.

Reactions: jhawk23
This kid is a big play waiting to happen. He’s an Absolute Star. Future All- American. Did I miss anything? Remember when Christian McCafrey won the ‘16 Rose Bowl? Just Imagine what this kid would do with the ball and some open spaces.
We all know that KF would have had McCaffery playing dback if he had his choice.

After watching that catch Cooper made on the interception I don't know how you don't at a minimum have him at reciver.

Seems like anyone with a brain would just put him at qb so he has the ball every play.

ADVERTISEMENT