ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean

He's already on the trajectory to be gone after 3 years ... so he's more than proving to be just a "good defender."
Pardon me for not being an expert on Iowa football. Merely a comment on the awesome offensive skills I saw from him in HS. Watching 2 games, ISU and whoever you played in our bye week, is not a large sample size.

Pardon me for not being an expert on Iowa football. Merely a comment on the awesome offensive skills I saw from him in HS. Watching 2 games, ISU and whoever you played in our bye week, is not a large sample size.
Desmond King also had excellent offensive skills in HS.

You expressed shock at him not being used on the offensive side of the ball. My retort was simply an indication that DeJean's talents are not even close to being wasted. They're just getting maximized on the defensive side of the ball.

Out of position. Getting burned a lot at corner vs even the crappy teams now.
You are watching a completely different game than I am. He did a great job against Purdue. One perfect throw for 45 yards or so that he was really close to vs one of the leagues top receivers. Outside of that, there was nothing significant. Wow, that is a super critical statement in my opinion.

You expressed shock at him not being used on the offensive side of the ball. My retort was simply an indication that DeJean's talents are not even close to being wasted. They're just getting maximized on the defensive side of the ball.
I never questioned his contributions as a d-back. I was just commenting on the QB play I saw versus ISU and OSU and am surprised he didn't get a look. QB is more important to a team's success than a DB. And maybe he doesn't have D1 QB skills. I certainly don't know. He is the best HS QB I have seen, including Hunter Dekkers.

But DeJean beat people with his feet as much as his arm. He may not have had the necessary passing skills. Pretty fine line at this level.

Prime example of that is Charlie Jones - was definitely put in a position to excel.

……..
Well, he ran back kicks, punts and was the #3 receiver. The complaining doesn't really address the point. The number of Iowa players in the NFL does, however support the point. CDJ is going to be a D back in the NFL. Iowa has history of producing good D backs, right?

ADVERTISEMENT