ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper is NFL bound

Would have loved to have him come back and play both ways. He would have been dynamic with a good QB and line.

A big part of Iowa's success is the pipeline that it has created to the NFL. If Cooper does what I think he will do at the next level, and represents Iowa well, it will pay dividends on the recruiting trail.

As much as I would like to see Sebastian Castro back, I think that going pro is the right decision for him as well.

giphy.gif

Run swiftly, Coop. Good luck...we'll always have that Johnny Rodgers-like punt return memory forever burnt into our brains!

Reactions: Meanfarmer3160
He’ll look real good in purple next year! Skol!!!
Skal , But I would expect incorrect use of the Old Norse language from a Team whose mascot and logo puts larpy horns on the helmets , No Norseman has ever been documented with a horned Helmet, The Gjermundbu is the only " Viking " age helmet ever found in a Norse grave or burial mound and the term Viking for that matter was not even used to describe the Norse People till the 1700's when it was affixed to Them by Christians using the Norse word Vik which means to explore or raid . That all said Get that $$$$$ Cooper and Thanks for being a Hawkeye

Last edited:
If I’d been Cooper watching that pathetic bowl game, that woild have been my conclusion, too. Sad for him, as it seemed he wanted to stay.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
One of the very best to wear the Black and Gold. Still feel like he was underutilized, even with all the positions he played.

Can't wait to see him dominate on Sundays.

If I’d been Cooper watching that pathetic bowl game, that woild have been my conclusion, too. Sad for him, as it seemed he wanted to stay.
If the average fan had supported SWARM I have zero doubt something could have been put together to get Cooper to stay.

This is what happens when the "do nothing crowd" would rather bitch than join.

Dang, the only disappointing part of this announcement was that he didn’t end it with: “it wasn’t a fair catch.”

Reactions: TCity Hawk
Congrats to CDJ. Right call, But, dam I would have loved to see him play another year for the Hawks.

I'll NEVER get over the fact that the most amazing play he made didn't count.

Run swiftly, Coop. Good luck...we'll always have that Johnny Rodgers-like punt return memory forever burnt into our brains!
you should be banned for comparing a great Hawkeye to an F'ing Fusker! Mr. Rodgers says F the Fuskers! :eek:

mister rogers middle finger GIF

Bummer, but this is the right decision.

This is why you have to identify those star players and get them on the field immediately as soon as they step on campus. Essentially how it works out is he only played a season and a half for the Hawks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT