ADVERTISEMENT

Cop parks car on train track... detains woman in car... and...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
This is a few weeks old so might be a Pepsi but all searches were negative.

A high-speed locomotive plowed into a parked police car with a handcuffed suspectin the back seat as at least one arresting officer ran for his life, a disturbing video released by Colorado police on Friday shows.

Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, 20, was locked in the cruiser, which was parked on tracks north of Platteville, Colorado, the evening of Sept. 16. She could see and hear the freight train coming and "tried frantically to get the officers' attention," personal injury lawyer Paul Wilkinson said. Rios-Gonzalez tried to escape from the car, but the doors were locked, Wilkinson said.

"She saw the whole thing coming and believed it to be the end," he said.

The newly released body camera video shows officers handcuffing and putting Rios-Gonzalez into the driver's side back seat before searching her truck, which was parked just ahead of the train tracks. The sound of a blaring train horn can be heard moments before the northbound train hurtled into the passenger side of the cop car.

This is a few weeks old so might be a Pepsi but all searches were negative.

A high-speed locomotive plowed into a parked police car with a handcuffed suspectin the back seat as at least one arresting officer ran for his life, a disturbing video released by Colorado police on Friday shows.

Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, 20, was locked in the cruiser, which was parked on tracks north of Platteville, Colorado, the evening of Sept. 16. She could see and hear the freight train coming and "tried frantically to get the officers' attention," personal injury lawyer Paul Wilkinson said. Rios-Gonzalez tried to escape from the car, but the doors were locked, Wilkinson said.

"She saw the whole thing coming and believed it to be the end," he said.

The newly released body camera video shows officers handcuffing and putting Rios-Gonzalez into the driver's side back seat before searching her truck, which was parked just ahead of the train tracks. The sound of a blaring train horn can be heard moments before the northbound train hurtled into the passenger side of the cop car.

Pepsi confirmed.

This story sorta reminds me of the Ozark water accident where guy gets arrested by lake security for a boating DUI, and then falls overboard and drowns while cuffed...

What search was successful? I searched train, colorado, police car...

It's in the "Nationwide Police Forces Cannot Be Reformed" thread on the last page. There is nothing typed in the post that mentions anything about the incident so it wouldn't have shown up in a search. Something like this should be posted repeatedly so you won't get any pepsi comments from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoProudNole
whoops-my-bad-whoopsie-daisy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT