ADVERTISEMENT

Cops Bust Into 16-Year-Old Trans Girl’s Bedroom During Her Twitch Stream

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Police officers entered the bedroom of a 16-year-old trans girl in Tennessee while she played Minecraft live on Twitch in late April—and the confrontation was caught live on stream.
The streamer, a girl named Wynn who goes by VioWynn on Twitch, in an email to Motherboard said she was pressured to do online school rather than attend in person, and that she has refused to go to the online school and thus has been considered "truant."
Click to shrink...

She goes on to say that authorities are trying to place her into foster care. "I was already adopted once, I don't need to be adopted again," she says on the stream. "I just need to be able to go to school. I'm just worried I'll get abused." Wynn told Motherboard she believes they were doing a wellness check on her, but that she is being pressured by authorities to enter foster care.
According to Wynn, on the morning of April 27, she had a court date where she'd learn whether she had to go into foster care; she was being denied an education, she claimed, as her school pressured her to attend classes online with fewer resources than in-person students received. "I consider it being denied an education, though it legally isn't considered as such, so that's why the judge considered me truant," she said. Other students also took an online school option, but she was the only one she knew of who was pressured heavily to stay home, she said.

When she put the chair against the door they took it off the hinges, and demanded her father cut the power to the house to kill the stream. This'll only get worse

Some top notch objective journalism there. Love the picture of Kim Jong Un on the wall, too. This happened back in April and not one single "news" story about it on the internet, other than gamer message board drivel.

A lot of "Wynn told Motherboard" here. ZERO "School officials said" or "The police said..". Gee...wonder why they only ask and print what a 16 year old truant trans kid with obvious mental issues has to say about the subject.

Wynn, who is now in foster care, told Motherboard that police...
Wynn who goes by VioWynn on Twitch, in an email to Motherboard said she
In a recording of the stream, Wynn says, "This will
She goes on to say that authorities are trying to place
Wynn told Motherboard she believes
According to Wynn, on the morning
Wynn says on the stream, before
Wynn told Motherboard that she expected
Friday, but is in foster care now, she told Motherboard.
Wynn told Motherboard that although she’s in

Great throwaway line at the end:
her school has agreed to let her attend summer school to catch up in time for the second semester of 11th grade next year.

So, do you think she will attend summer school?

Reactions: goldmom
She's 16 correct. Should have moved to a state that she could have dropped out of school. Or studied for the GED.
Regardless believe the judge were making an example out of her.

Some top notch objective journalism there. Love the picture of Kim Jong Un on the wall, too. This happened back in April and not one single "news" story about it on the internet, other than gamer message board drivel.

A lot of "Wynn told Motherboard" here. ZERO "School officials said" or "The police said..". Gee...wonder why they only ask and print what a 16 year old truant trans kid with obvious mental issues has to say about the subject.

her school has agreed to let her attend summer school to catch up in time for the second semester of 11th grade next year.

What are these "obvious" mental issues to you?

Also, I trust most 16 year olds more than police statements these days.

Well, she was truant. She had a court date she didn't show up for and then was flaunting it on Twitch. I don't see what the cops did wrong here.

Back in April?

That's like....almost two weeks!

What are these "obvious" mental issues to you?

Also, I trust most 16 year olds more than police statements these days.
Fight it all you want gender identity disorder or in today's world gender dysphoria is a "mental health issue".

You are so focused on being dumb you just said you would trust a 16 year old over police. Take a step back and think about that.

images

The story isn't about the cops actions, it's about the schools actions- making her (in her opinion) take online classes versus attending school because she is trans. The school doesn't want to apparently deal with her and has strongly suggested she do online learning. At least that is her version.

The story isn't about the cops actions, it's about the schools actions- making her (in her opinion) take online classes versus attending school because she is trans. The school doesn't want to apparently deal with her and has strongly suggested she do online learning. At least that is her version.
Would like the schools side of the story....

Fight it all you want gender identity disorder or in today's world gender dysphoria is a "mental health issue".

You are so focused on being dumb you just said you would trust a 16 year old over police. Take a step back and think about that.

images

Gender dysphoria and transgenderism are two completely separate issues. What you have is a "mental health issue". I'll trust the American Psychological Association over one of the biggest dumbasses on HROT...

A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder. For these individuals, the significant problem is finding affordable resources, such as counseling, hormone therapy, medical procedures and the social support necessary to freely express their gender identity and minimize discrimination. Many other obstacles may lead to distress, including a lack of acceptance within society, direct or indirect experiences with discrimination, or assault. These experiences may lead many transgender people to suffer with anxiety, depression or related disorders at higher rates than nontransgender persons.

And LOL at trusting police statements. Some people are perpetually gullible.

Reactions: BelemNole
Gender dysphoria and transgenderism are two completely separate issues. What you have is a "mental health issue". I'll trust the American Psychological Association over one of the biggest dumbasses on HROT...

A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder. For these individuals, the significant problem is finding affordable resources, such as counseling, hormone therapy, medical procedures and the social support necessary to freely express their gender identity and minimize discrimination. Many other obstacles may lead to distress, including a lack of acceptance within society, direct or indirect experiences with discrimination, or assault. These experiences may lead many transgender people to suffer with anxiety, depression or related disorders at higher rates than nontransgender persons.

Read your first line from the APA numbnuts.

"A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability."

A 16 year old not being able to finish school would sure as shit count as "significant distress" and it is in fact a mental health disorder. Some people have add, some people have ocd, some people have schizophrenia, some people have GID, they are mental health disorders.

Nice 7 links emily.

Read your first line from the APA numbnuts.

"A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability."

A 16 year old not being able to finish school would sure as shit count as "significant distress" and it is in fact a mental health disorder. Some people have add, some people have ocd, some people have schizophrenia, some people have GID, they are mental health disorders.

Nice 7 links emily.
You're flailing around like a little bitch because you got caught with your intellectual pants down, regurgitating some Ben Shapiro/far right transphobic bullshit you didn't have the mental capacity to critically fact check. The APA's own language obliterated your idiocy. So now you are left making up what your own wacky definition of "significant distress". I'm sorry for your lack of critical thinking skills, and how hard this must make your life. Ts and Ps.

You're flailing around like a little bitch because you got caught with your intellectual pants down, regurgitating some Ben Shapiro/far right transphobic bullshit you didn't have the mental capacity to critically fact check. The APA's own language obliterated your idiocy. So now you are left making up what your own wacky definition of "significant distress". I'm sorry for your lack of critical thinking skills, and how hard this must make your life. Ts and Ps.
The guy flailing is the one who felt so offended they posted multiple links and has now resorted to name calling.

The APAs language backed up my point. Missing school as a 16 year old is distress. Keep crying.

BINGO! Someone gets it. And her version jives with what a lot of trans kids experience in schools throughout the MAGAt parts of America.

She's 16 correct. Should have moved to a state that she could have dropped out of school. Or studied for the GED.
Regardless believe the judge were making an example out of her.

That caught my attention as well. I didn’t know there were any states where a 16 year old could face legal trouble for not attending school.

That caught my attention as well. I didn’t know there were any states where a 16 year old could face legal trouble for not attending school.
Tennessee must be 18 and a few others. U can drop out under certain circumstances though. Taking the GED should qualify I assume.

Reactions: ping72
Would like the schools side of the story in this.

I don't necessarily trust everything she has to say but on the other hand I also don't trust schools to protect bullied kids.

Maybe some do but when I went to middle school the administration and quite frankly most of the teachers couldn't give two shits about me being bullied. I'm hoping that has changed but I do not believe it has.

Would like the schools side of the story in this.

I don't necessarily trust everything she has to say but on the other hand I also don't trust schools to protect bullied kids.

Maybe some do but when I went to middle school the administration and quite frankly most of the teachers couldn't give two shits about me being bullied. I'm hoping that has changed but I do not believe it has.

Unpopular opinion:

in situations like this where there are fears of bullying/violence... the perceptions of the student are as (if not more) important than what the school is doing.

Just like how a police officer doesn’t necessarily have to be in danger to shoot... they just have to perceive they’re in danger.

Or if the guy who raped your 4 year old daughter claims he’s done 5 years in prison and undergone therapy and has joined a religion and is no longer a threat. Even if true... would you let him babysit your kids? No. Your experience and perception of this man will take precedence over his statement/evidence of improving himself.

Reactions: lucas80
And you know that based on all ZERO of the questions to and statements by the school in that article? You have to try real hard to avoid asking the school "Why is this happening?" and including it in the article. My guess is they did ask and didn't like the answer that was given. Especially since she's allowed to attend summer school to make up the classes. Again...do you think she will attend?

And you know that based on all ZERO of the questions to and statements by the school in that article? You have to try real hard to avoid asking the school "Why is this happening?" and including it in the article. My guess is they did ask and didn't like the answer that was given. Especially since she's allowed to attend summer school to make up the classes. Again...do you think she will attend?
Did you miss his last sentence? Do you seriously doubt that some rural Tennessee school would act this way rather than doing the hard work?

Well...that's the point. There was no police statement in the article. Was there? Nothing from the school. Nothing from the police. Nothing from ANY other media source on the story as of this morning. Just the word of a 16 year old trans kid with a Kim Jong-Un picture on her wall, talking to "Motherboard".

Funny how all of the "Link?" Nazis just happily swallow any other garbage that they see that fits their world view, without questioning it one bit.

Unpopular opinion:

in situations like this where there are fears of bullying/violence... the perceptions of the student are as (if not more) important than what the school is doing.

Just like how a police officer doesn’t necessarily have to be in danger to shoot... they just have to perceive they’re in danger.

Or if the guy who raped your 4 year old daughter claims he’s done 5 years in prison and undergone therapy and has joined a religion and is no longer a threat. Even if true... would you let him babysit your kids? No. Your experience and perception of this man will take precedence over his statement/evidence of improving himself.

Maybe but I think we obviously need to know if she's factually getting bullied or not.

Again this is a situation where I just don't really trust either side.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Um, I wasn't defending her. I was saying the story isn't about the cops handling of the situation, it is about her being a trans and claiming the school is making her take online courses vs attending in person. Of course there are two sides of the story. And yes, the article contains very little real info or details and appears to be written with an agenda. Which is why I am not making any judgements based solely off of this single article. Was it really that hard to understand?

Um, I wasn't defending her. I was saying the story isn't about the cops handling of the situation, it is about her being a trans and claiming the school is making her take online courses vs attending in person. Of course there are two sides of the story. And yes, the article contains very little real info or details and appears to be written with an agenda. Which is why I am not making any judgements based solely off of this single article. Was it really that hard to understand?
Yup. Gotcha. Sorry, No coffee yet.

Reactions: OILCHECKER
Schools can't talk about an individual student's discipline, health, or records under FERPA.

I also don't see the big deal with the Kim Dong Un poster....isn't that just like Trump's?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Schools can't talk about an individual student's discipline, health, or records under FERPA.

I also don't see the big deal with the Kim Dong Un poster....isn't that just like Trump's?
That's great. Except there's no "The school has decided to not comment" tag in there. Hence...very shitty journalism. I expect more out of Motorboat.

ADVERTISEMENT