ADVERTISEMENT

Cops sues Raptors president over incident last year

Still waiting for a video that corroborates an officer’s account. Really makes one wonder how often they lie on reports and in court. It’s probably time we stop automatically assuming cops are being honest.
I can pull up all kinds of crimes committed by many people of any race sex religious beliefs occupation etc.

Sure, but we should probably hold cops to a higher standard considering their reports and statements put people in prison for years and can ruin lives.
True, then again there are plenty of low life doctors lawyers politicians judges etc. All can quickly ruin a life

Reactions: PhoenixHawk5.0
You need to learn how to read, all I implied was don't lump all the other cops in the country with him.... Do you comprehend moron? There's always some idiot that can't.....
Seems like there had to be several LEO that looked the other way for this guy to be a deputy. Not just a couple bad apples.

Seems like there had to be several LEO that looked the other way for this guy to be a deputy. Not just a couple bad apples.
There are plenty of bad apples in every occupation as I mentioned......
if we aren't going to believe any cops out there because some are full of crap then I guess we probably shouldn't believe anyone anywhere about anything.

Reactions: PhoenixHawk5.0
There are plenty of bad apples in every occupation as I mentioned......
if we aren't going to believe any cops out there because some are full of crap then I guess we probably shouldn't believe anyone anywhere about anything.
Problem is the bad apples in this occupation seem to get cuddled. Instead of weeded out quickly. Doctors will turn in other Doctors for bad behavior in a heartbeat. LEO's circle the wagon.

Problem is the bad apples in this occupation seem to get cuddled. Instead of weeded out quickly. Doctors will turn in other Doctors for bad behavior in a heartbeat. LEO's circle the wagon.
Can't argue that, the issue needs addressed. That said to go and assume all cops are liars is not going to solve anything.

More video - cop is nice to (white) fans before pushing Ujiri then lying in police report and claiming that he got punched in face. He even went to the hospital to justify his workers comp claim (he's collected $150k so far.) None of the video supports his claims.

But if he shot Ujiri and claimed he felt threatened when he "reached into his jacket after striking me" I'm sure there are several here who would defend him.

More video - cop is nice to (white) fans before pushing Ujiri then lying in police report and claiming that he got punched in face. He even went to the hospital to justify his workers comp claim (he's collected $150k so far.) None of the video supports his claims.

But if he shot Ujiri and claimed he felt threatened when he "reached into his jacket after striking me" I'm sure there are several here who would defend him.

BAU

610ox0UV9rL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Reactions: Fluffles
Yet people say we just won't be able to find anyone who wants to do the job and make $224,000/year.
What percentage of LEO are making over 100k? I'm friends with a few and none of them make close to that. That guys salary definitely isn't the rule.

Can't argue that, the issue needs addressed. That said to go and assume all cops are liars is not going to solve anything.
No one things all cops are liars. The issue, which you agreed is a problem, is that cops will lie and cover for the bad apples. That in itself makes those cops bad apples as well. I think it was Joe who had a great idea of linking police pensions with any lawsuit settlements against the police as a way for cops to hold other cops accountable. Those bad cops would be out of work in short order.

I think it was Joe who had a great idea of linking police pensions with any lawsuit settlements against the police as a way for cops to hold other cops accountable. Those bad cops would be out of work in short order.

That will never ever happen, which is, again, part of the problem.

You're not wrong. Ol Officer Chauvin had been wrote up 18 times in his 19 year career. What other job could you be wrote up almost once a year and maintain your position?

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole
If he is making 224k a year I’m guessing he is working a city job in an overtime capacity such as these games. He is also pry working nearly everyday and has no home life. I know police officers in my department who work on the squads that are constantly being called out or working 17-18 hour days doing surveillance and they make like 150 give or take how often they go out on call out.

You're not wrong. Ol Officer Chauvin had been written up 18 times in his 19 year career. What other job could you be written up almost once a year and maintain your position?

Link to Chauvin’s 18 write ups? I thought it was two, but 18 sounds a lot better for the narrative and really drives home the point.

ADVERTISEMENT