ADVERTISEMENT

Cordell Pemsl Undergoes Sports Hernia Surgery

Apr 8, 2003
Cordell Pemsl Undergoes Sports Hernia Surgery

Forward expected to miss approximately 8 weeks of basketball activities

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- University of Iowa sophomore Cordell Pemsl will miss approximately eight weeks of summer basketball activities after undergoing successful sports hernia surgery on Tuesday. The announcement came Wednesday by head coach Fran McCaffery.

Pemsl (6-foot-8, 249 pounds) is not expected to participate in this summer’s Prime Time League, however is expected to return and be available for Iowa’s overseas trip in August.

“I spoke to Cordell after the surgery and everything went great,” said McCaffery. “We’re happy that he will be back on the court later this summer.”

Pemsl started 14 of 34 games a year ago, averaging 8.9 points and five rebounds per contest. The forward shot a single-season school record 61.7 percent (116-of-188) from the field his during freshman campaign.

It's not a difficult procedure to come back from. I think I was back on the workout routine in 4 weeks IIRC. Missed a week of work maybe. He's got plenty of time to get in shape.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Is rather laugh at you and all your idiotic blathering you do on this board and your promises to quit posting because people are mean to you.

Better than being a compulsive fact checker that can't even add correct information when pointing out other posters errors. I can't remember one time when you've added anything of value to the board. While I'm not perfect, at least I try to offer up decent sports related posts now and then.

Difference between you and I, my complaints have been because I would LIKE to see a sports forum which is supported by monitors who follow the rules. Make this place a decent location for sharing opinions and Hawkeye basketball info. You, you contribute nothing but the trash I often complain should be taken out.

As to threats to leave. Yeah, I've mentioned it once or twice. Funny thing is, I think you will find many posters HAVE left, but not one has ever said they were leaving because the place was not negative enough.

Now, there are three short paragraphs of my idiotic blathering for you to consume. Put your Lol around that for a few minutes you silly little insecure fact checker.

Last edited:
I wonder how many have stopped paying $100 a year when someone can post LOL....without any definition behind it...which is called goating...then when one responds they get the you are a blathering idiot.

Two replies to a thread by Blair ... pretty simple...and we get a LOL reply...like someone is a self-ordained poster of who can & who does.

Ya doesnt seem to be worth the $100...I can add another golf outing to my schedule.

This surgery is a bummer. I know it's a different sport but CJ looked terrible last year after his sports hernia. Hopefully this is a lesser injury.

Reactions: easy2
This surgery is a bummer. I know it's a different sport but CJ looked terrible last year after his sports hernia. Hopefully this is a lesser injury.
CJ injured his knee last year, thus the heavy brace.

I guess I should add that it all depends on the location of the hernia and how bad it got before diagnosis. Mine was mid stomach and the tear wasn't even half way through.

I thought I have read before that some sports hernia's are really hard to come back from. Hopefully it is not something that was really bad. Missing these months sucks for his development for next year.

I thought I have read before that some sports hernia's are really hard to come back from. Hopefully it is not something that was really bad. Missing these months sucks for his development for next year.
I think that took out Nolan MacMillian (sp) for a year or so back in 2013 ish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT