ADVERTISEMENT

Corgis

hawkmart

HR MVP
Nov 25, 2014
Alright how many of y'all have one in the household? Wife has been dropping strong hints the past few months of wanting a puppy now that we are empty nesters. Just curious what I'm getting myself into. From what I've gathered in my preliminary search a lot of shedding, barking and constant shooting of instagram videos.

2138.jpg

Hey, if they are good enough for the Queen...

Reactions: NDallasRuss
@Moral if I recall don't you have one?

He is a mix. Rat terrier corgi. He is blind and diabetic now but sharp as hell. I have never met such an inquisitive animal. 10/10 personality. I like labs, and a basically any dog, but I explain them as very dog like. Herding dogs impress me a lot more.

Corgis shed an effload. They have multiple coats and you will need to brush and vaccuum daily. I also have an American Eskimo dog with an assload of hair. I think corgis shed worse.

My dog only barks to alert me something is happening. If a UPS truck approaches I know 2 minutes in advance.

Reactions: hawkmart
Always thought the Corgi was a cool breed. Had a boss that had a Corgi mix and they loved it. Needs plenty of exercise to be happy. I’d highly recommend you look at your lifestyle and living situation and match a dog breed to it.

We ended up w a pure bred Boxer on the spur on the moment adoption. Fell in love w the breed. Fearless, loyal, cheerful and athletic are the personality traits. Our current dogs are mixes and both rescues, Boxer/Mastiff and Boxer/American Staffordshire. Both are awesome dogs, and we love them like our kids. They get two walks a day and have a huge fenced yard to chase rabbits and each other. One downside...they still get me up at 5am like when I was working. We would never have just one dog. Much more fun for them and us w two. There might be some breeds that do well alone.

Last edited:
Corgis are basically labs with short legs and Yoda ears.

Close...actually they're more like German Shepherds.

I've had three corgis in my life, and I can say they are an awesome breed. They are smart, fun loving dogs.

They do need exercise and continual walks to stay healthy because they have a tendency to get fat and lazy like their owners....not me of course...I'm not lazy.

Once they get fat it can really screw up their back, so if you can take care of that and the aforementioned constant shedding, they will be awesome companions for you.

Walking puppy Corgis around the park can get you laid. They're just that damn cute. Chicks dig 'em

Close...actually they're more like German Shepherds.

I've had three corgis in my life, and I can say they are an awesome breed. They are smart, fun loving dogs.

They do need exercise and continual walks to stay healthy because they have a tendency to get fat and lazy like their owners....not me of course...I'm not lazy.

Once they get fat it can really screw up their back, so if you can take care of that and the aforementioned constant shedding, they will be awesome companions for you.

Walking puppy Corgis around the park can get you laid. They're just that damn cute. Chicks dig 'em

Well damn I'm too old and too married to fully reap the benefits. Maybe one of my son's can walk him/her now and then. We definitely want an active dog. It'll be nice to have a companion on my daily walks. Big fenced in backyard for it to run around in as well. Were the 3 you had male/female? Trying to read up on differences on that, well besides the obvious

Reactions: Moral
Well damn I'm too old and too married to fully reap the benefits. Maybe one of my son's can walk him/her now and then. We definitely want an active dog. It'll be nice to have a companion on my daily walks. Big fenced in backyard for it to run around in as well. Were the 3 you had male/female? Trying to read up on differences on that, well besides the obvious

I had two males and one female, the female was more quiet and docile than the males and less active. Still didn't have any issues with weight though, one of the two males got pretty portly.

Reactions: Moral
We have a toy Australian Shepard. He’s the smartest, most inquisitive dog I’ve ever had.

I was considering one of those, knew I was too lazy for that breed. Absolutely beautiful dogs though.

Alright how many of y'all have one in the household? Wife has been dropping strong hints the past few months of wanting a puppy now that we are empty nesters. Just curious what I'm getting myself into. From what I've gathered in my preliminary search a lot of shedding, barking and constant shooting of instagram videos.
Labs are awesome. I had to make the tough decision to put mine down this week but I wouldn’t trade the 13 years I had with her for anything. Labs are the most friendly dogs I’ve been around and they are also great with other dogs. If you don’t want a very big one, look at an English lab instead of an American one. They are shorter and they also are not as energetic. If you want the opposite, the American ones are great too.

If you want to go the Corgi route, go through a certified AKC breeder and not through a puppy mill. Mills breed for quantity and not quality. It may look good, but temperament is just as necessary for the breed standard as the markings.

Reactions: Moral and hawkmart
If you want to go the Corgi route, go through a certified AKC breeder and not through a puppy mill. Mills breed for quantity and not quality. It may look good, but temperament is just as necessary for the breed standard as the markings.

💯💯💯💯

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT