ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Cornerback Deshaun Lee commits to Iowa***

I think Iowa has a couple rides yet before People flip, Phil loading up on Guys He wants isn't a bad thing for Roster construction. 3 top 30 Michigan kids with lots of P5 offers plus Hall and X , Hawks going to remain salty in the back.
We play 5 DBs most of the time anyhow. I'm all in. Plus, what Phil wants, Phil gets!

Exactly. For those somehow viewing this negatively for the simple reason he's a defensive recruit, we might want to consider KFs long history of finding the right spot for a player's talents. Most recent example being Tyler Linderbaum.
My most amazed example of KF & Staff finding the right spot for a player’s talents was turning Marvin McNutt from QB to WR….what a great ride it was seeing him excel, especially during crunch time. Anyone remember that last second win at Michigan State? Wasn’t that a thing of beauty?

My most amazed example of KF & Staff finding the right spot for a player’s talents was turning Marvin McNutt from QB to WR….what a great ride it was seeing him excel, especially during crunch time. Anyone remember that last second win at Michigan State? Wasn’t that a thing of beauty?
Yep, remember like it was yesterday. Iowa calls TO, KOK drew up the play to have Moeaki motion away from McNutt, single coverage, slant pass and 7 got 6! It was a brutal, hard hitting game and Stanzi took us down the field in about 90 seconds. Key plays on that drive were a huge conversion to Trey Stross and a defensive PI that was intercepted by Sparty.
In other news, I see Sparty picked up a really good RB in portal...another Kenneth Walker?

Yep, remember like it was yesterday. Iowa calls TO, KOK drew up the play to have Moeaki motion away from McNutt, single coverage, slant pass and 7 got 6! It was a brutal, hard hitting game and Stanzi took us down the field in about 90 seconds. Key plays on that drive were a huge conversion to Trey Stross and a defensive PI that was intercepted by Sparty.
In other news, I see Sparty picked up a really good RB in portal...another Kenneth Walker?
I don't think he is anywhere near a Kenneth Walker. MSU is again using the portal heavily but also they have lost a ton of guys to the portal. That doesn't seem like a great way to continue success on the field.

Last edited:
So far we have 18 commits for 22, and only 8 are on defense. On offense we have 2 TEs, 2 RBs, 1 4 star QB. Doesn't seem like things are so out of balance to me.
Would like to see some stud OL's in there. We seem to be wanting to make our areas of strength stronger. Nothing happens without a stud OL. I would make it the primary focus every single year. Yes, I know last year's class was a good haul. Hoping we can get at least one in the portal.

Reactions: millhawk
Yep, remember like it was yesterday. Iowa calls TO, KOK drew up the play to have Moeaki motion away from McNutt, single coverage, slant pass and 7 got 6! It was a brutal, hard hitting game and Stanzi took us down the field in about 90 seconds. Key plays on that drive were a huge conversion to Tory Stroush and a defensive PI that was intercepted by Sparty.
FIFY

Would like to see some stud OL's in there. We seem to be wanting to make our areas of strength stronger. Nothing happens without a stud OL. I would make it the primary focus every single year. Yes, I know last year's class was a good haul. Hoping we can get at least one in the portal.
Certainly can't disagree with that. Fingers still crossed on that one.

A CB that showed good hips getting out of his back pedal, good speed, and great hands. this could lead to 6 interceptions and a big 10 DB of the year. Liked his tape.

Reactions: cmhawks99
How can anybody watch these clips and not be happy to get a playmaker like that on the roster. It's think it's freaking crazy for anybody to do that. I trust the coaches they know what to look for and seem to do a pretty good job especially in the secondary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT