ADVERTISEMENT

Corporate Greed - Tyson Foods in Sioux City

SoDakHawk

HR Legend
Sep 14, 2006
F these dirtbags. Pulling in record profits since Covid and now you pull this ish? Sioux City can't take the hit of losing this many corporate positions. These are high paying, white collar jobs that town cannot replace. Take the production facility, we got those jobs in the plenty here.

Plus, from what I am hearing is that Tyson has no idea how to run the logistics of their pork and beef facilities, they're chicken people. IBP, and by extension Sioux City since that's where it started, has made Tyson and now they're F'ing them over.

Short Tyson stock because they're going down.

Link

F these dirtbags. Pulling in record profits since Covid and now you pull this ish? Sioux City can't take the hit of losing this many corporate positions. These are high paying, white collar jobs that town cannot replace. Take the production facility, we got those jobs in the plenty here.

Plus, from what I am hearing is that Tyson has no idea how to run the logistics of their pork and beef facilities, they're chicken people. IBP, and by extension Sioux City since that's where it started, has made Tyson and now they're F'ing them over.

Short Tyson stock because they're going down.

Link
Your President has been calling this out for awhile. Despicable

Reactions: Moral and Ree4
“Plus, from what I am hearing is that Tyson has no idea how to run the logistics of their pork and beef facilities”

Quite the statement.

But yeah it hurts siouxland losing those high paying jobs. Wells, Seaboard will be able to poach the people who don’t move for a good price.

“Plus, from what I am hearing is that Tyson has no idea how to run the logistics of their pork and beef facilities”

Quite the statement.

But yeah it hurts siouxland losing those high paying jobs. Wells, Seaboard will be able to poach the people who don’t move for a good price.
Not a statement. Fact. If those people affected decide to not make the move and find something else Tyson will have troubles. If say 20-30% say F that they're in trouble.

Need to understand that IBP is the beef side and has run pretty independent. The chicken folks at Tyson don't really get the logistics of the beef and pork sides of the business. Can't just have the chicken people take over it hire a bunch of newbies.

I know a lot of people at Tyson corporate and many others in supporting businesses that deal in logistics like trucking.

Not well received.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Oh, and yes, it's been like a literal kick to the nuts for Sioux City. This will take a decade to recover from.

Arkansas is going to be a hotspot for awhile. 🤷‍♂️ move elsewhere, this is the USA. Govt can’t provide (and it never should), move along #Free Markets

Arkansas is going to be a hotspot for awhile. 🤷‍♂️ move elsewhere, this is the USA. Govt can’t provide (and it never should), move along #Free Markets
Well you just hit on something there. If forced to move at this point do you just take the move to Arkansas? Instead everything is on the table. Try to find a comparable job in Sioux City, tough. Find another corporation where you can work from home and stay in SC, maybe. Or say if I have to move I'll find another position in another city with another company of my choosing. Any way you slice it you're looking at attrition and losing people that knew the beef business and made it run. People you just aren't going to replace.

Terribly short sighted move by the company in my opinion.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Well you just hit on something there. If forced to move at this point do you just take the move to Arkansas? Instead everything is on the table. Try to find a comparable job in Sioux City, tough. Find another corporation where you can work from home and stay in SC, maybe. Or say if I have to move I'll find another position in another city with another company of my choosing. Any way you slice it you're looking at attrition and losing people that knew the beef business and made it run. People you just aren't going to replace.

They’re handing out tax incentives, you can evaluate for yourself. Business is business and these municipalities are going to do what it takes. Be a person that can adapt, because this whole $16/hr scam for human (less than robots) is coming to an end soon. Life sucks.

This isn't moving production. This is corporate. We're talking positions over $100k to $250k and more.

Sure, hard to fell sorry for these people who make that money but what about uprooting their families. More importantly, what about the community you just sucked 500 high paying jobs out of? What about 500 people selling homes in SC and what that does to the local real estate market? Dakota Dunes going to be gutted.

Reactions: SiouxCyty

100% if I’m in their shoes I’m probably moving but not to Arkansas….

Reactions: franklinman

Quite the statement.

My sister (no pic) has worked at Wells for 32 years. They recently announced an expansion investment of around $70 million. They are paying people very well. Hopefully they can get more good people out of this deal.

Quite the statement.

Wells moved their headquarters from LeMars to Chicago I'm pretty sure fyi..

This sucks for Siouxland. Unfortunately the real money in Sioux City does not want high paying jobs here. Couple that with the better tax situation in South Dakota and it has really kept population here stagnant for decades. Sioux City overall is greatly improved though from when I was a kid.

This sucks for Siouxland. Unfortunately the real money in Sioux City does not want high paying jobs here. Couple that with the better tax situation in South Dakota and it has really kept population here stagnant for decades. Sioux City overall is greatly improved though from when I was a kid.
I don’t think they moved their headquarters. They have regional sites in Chicago and Bentonville

Reactions: SiouxCityHawkFan
100% if I’m in their shoes I’m probably moving but not to Arkansas….
NW Iowa < NW Arkansas. There is money, opportunity, health care, recreational opportunities, better weather, a slightly more tolerant population in concentrated areas...

Reactions: ichawkeye
NW Iowa < NW Arkansas. There is money, opportunity, health care, recreational opportunities, better weather, a slightly more tolerant population in concentrated areas...
I am a cyclist and NW Arkansas has really built up their mountain biking trails to where it is the #1 mountain biking destination in the country. I've been there 3 times to ride. That area is really growing.

This isn't moving production. This is corporate. We're talking positions over $100k to $250k and more.

Sure, hard to fell sorry for these people who make that money but what about uprooting their families. More importantly, what about the community you just sucked 500 high paying jobs out of? What about 500 people selling homes in SC and what that does to the local real estate market? Dakota Dunes going to be gutted.

I can remember back in the 80's when IBP was the industry bad boy wrecking everybody else's packing house toys,.. Chickens coming home to roost.

Sure this is true, but it's not that black and white. Prob easier to recruit new hires, but when you have rooted and made a life in the Dunes, it's not as easy to leave family, friends, etc. and move to somewhere like Arkansas.

Reactions: mthawkeyes

They did not.

But Wells will have its first non-Wells CEO so changes are certainly possible. Not one grandchild interested in taking it over. Guess sit around and collect 2 million per or stressful job and collect 6.

Reactions: SiouxCityHawkFan
They did not.

But Wells will have its first non-Wells CEO so changes are certainly possible. Not one grandchild interested in taking it over. Guess sit around and collect 2 million per or stressful job and collect 6.
On one hand, ya, a little surprising. On the other hand, growing up knowing a bunch of Wells kids that are now in their 30s-40s, I can def see how they'd be much happier being part owners and letting someone else run the show.

Tyson Foods is giving away one million pounds of beef in Charlotte County in southwest Florida.

Sometimes I take food donations from our church to the Linn County Food Bank in Cedar Rapids. They tell me Tyson Foods in Tama donate to them periodically. Sometimes it is so much they can't handle it all and some people at the Food Bank have to take it home until they have room.

When a meat packer has excess frozen product it sometimes becomes a sell it or smell proposition,.. Frequently these large charitable food donations are a move of last resort..

Reactions: lucas80
Did this get a thread?

Tyson Foods CFO Arrested After Getting Drunk, Breaking Into Home, And Falling Asleep In Random Woman's Bed​

Tyson Foods CFO John R. Tyson, son of board chairman John H. Tyson, was arrested early Sunday morning after he got drunk, broke into a random woman's home, and fell asleep in her bed, Fox16 reports.

John R. Tyson booked into the Washington County Jail. | Courtesy: Washington County Sheriff’s Office
According to a preliminary arrest report, at approximately 2:05 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 6, Tyson, 32, was found asleep in a woman’s bed at her home, located at 445 N Mock Ave. The woman called police when she arrived and found Tyson, whom she did not know.
She told dispatchers that she believes the front door was left unlocked and that is how he gained entry. Upon arrival, police located Tyson in the back bedroom with his clothes in front of the bed and identified him through his driver’s license. -Fox16

When police arrived and tried to wake Tyson up, he could not verbally respond and attempted to fall back asleep after briefly sitting up.

According to the police report, his breath reeked of alcohol and his movements appeared 'sluggish and uncoordinated.'

He was arrested for Criminal Trespass and Public Intoxication, and booked into the Washington County Detention Center where he was released Sunday evening.

Tyson was appointed as CFO on Oct. 2, and is also an executive VP.

Did this get a thread?

Tyson Foods CFO Arrested After Getting Drunk, Breaking Into Home, And Falling Asleep In Random Woman's Bed​

Tyson Foods CFO John R. Tyson, son of board chairman John H. Tyson, was arrested early Sunday morning after he got drunk, broke into a random woman's home, and fell asleep in her bed, Fox16 reports.

John R. Tyson booked into the Washington County Jail. | Courtesy: Washington County Sheriff’s Office
According to a preliminary arrest report, at approximately 2:05 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 6, Tyson, 32, was found asleep in a woman’s bed at her home, located at 445 N Mock Ave. The woman called police when she arrived and found Tyson, whom she did not know.
She told dispatchers that she believes the front door was left unlocked and that is how he gained entry. Upon arrival, police located Tyson in the back bedroom with his clothes in front of the bed and identified him through his driver’s license. -Fox16

When police arrived and tried to wake Tyson up, he could not verbally respond and attempted to fall back asleep after briefly sitting up.

According to the police report, his breath reeked of alcohol and his movements appeared 'sluggish and uncoordinated.'

He was arrested for Criminal Trespass and Public Intoxication, and booked into the Washington County Detention Center where he was released Sunday evening.

Tyson was appointed as CFO on Oct. 2, and is also an executive VP.
Is Tyson a family-owned business?

CFO at 32. Lol

Good to be named Tyson.
Chief Funnel Operator?

images

I always try to find a cop with a beer gut. Like Mr Rogers said, ‘look for the helpers’.

Yep. Been in the role 2 months. Harvard BS and MBA from Stanford.

I'm betting he would have gotten into those schools without the Tyson name. Regular Tyson shareholders are powerless to do anything about it. He's only a month or two into the job......wow......if he wasn't a Tyson, he'd be long gone by now. Nepotism at the C-suite level has no business in the world of publicly-traded companies. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find a better candidate than a 32-year old lush, fast-tracked by daddy. If he had been in the position for 10 years already, maybe he gets a pass.

I know ESG, when it comes to investments, infuriates many (especially the E & S) part. But the "G" part of ESG should always be heavily considered, regardless of your political affiliation. If he stays on, it's a perfect example of poor Governance. You really want to give this guys the keys to a Fortune 500 company, when he can't even find his own home.

Of course, I'm pretty sure how this one's going to end. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I'm betting he would have gotten into those schools without the Tyson name. Regular Tyson shareholders are powerless to do anything about it. He's only a month or two into the job......wow......if he wasn't a Tyson, he'd be long gone by now. Nepotism at the C-suite level has no business in the world of publicly-traded companies. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find a better candidate than a 32-year old lush, fast-tracked by daddy. If he had been in the position for 10 years already, maybe he gets a pass.

I know ESG, when it comes to investments, infuriates many (especially the E & S) part. But the "G" part of ESG should always be heavily considered, regardless of your political affiliation. If he stays on, it's a perfect example of poor Governance. You really want to give this guys the keys to a Fortune 500 company, when he can't even find his own home.

Of course, I'm pretty sure how this one's going to end. I hope I'm wrong.

But he's got a powerpoint deck and some KPI's that tell him he made a great decision. Huge bonus in 2022 for this lad for reducing expenses!

I thought Tyson already reduced staffing when they kept operations going during Covid and had dozens of employees die?

Dim Kim even brags about keeping Tysons in business in her ads.

ADVERTISEMENT