ADVERTISEMENT

Cough, cough, retch, rinse . . . Go Cornhuskers?!

AuroraHawk

HR Heisman
Dec 18, 2004
Has the season evolved into a situation where we are rooting for Nebraska to take down IU today (I need to rinse the vomit out of my mouth) and that we really don't care about the results of Michigan/Maryland (at least for today)?

We know, of course, that we need Iowa to add to the W column. But, if Nebraska wins today over IU, this is what the standings would look like.

Nebraska 27-11
Michigan or Maryland 26-14
Michigan or Maryland 25-15
Indiana 24-15
Iowa 24-16

An Iowa win today guarantees that they will be within one game of either Maryland or Michigan. Indeed, perhaps it makes sense for us to be rooting for Maryland to sweep Michigan OR Michigan to take the final two. Maryland and Michigan splitting today and tomorrow seems to be less helpful for Iowa.

With only 5 games left for the Hawkeyes, the chances of Iowa catching Nebraska are about nil.

Looking at the balance of Nebraska's schedule (1 more against IU; 2 against OSU and 3 against UM), I've reached the conclusion that Nebraska has evolved into an Iowa "ally." For all practical purposes, Nebraska's success = marked improvement for Iowa to climb the B1G standings (and create separation from Ohio State). If Nebraska can add to the Hoosiers and Wolverines' loss columns, all the better for Iowa.

Let's. Go. Hawks!

Last edited:
Nebraska gets a complete game out of Chance Hroch, who gave up a solo homer in the bottom of the 9th to lose the shutout, in a 3-1 win over the Hoosiers.

Maryland beats Michigan today

Huskers can win the B1G with a win over Ohio State today

(But now sounds like league may try to schedule some makeup games this next week)

Maryland beats Michigan today

Huskers can win the B1G with a win over Ohio State today

(But now sounds like league may try to schedule some makeup games this next week)
Crazy idea, hold the f’n conference tournament. Fire Warren now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT