ADVERTISEMENT

Could Dems just refuse to fund the courts?

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
Montrose
Instead of packing them. Just appropriate no funds for them.

Thinking of Kavanaugh in an office shivering because they cant heat it makes me feel good inside.

They could do that, or they could strip courts from power to hear certain matters.

Both are dangerous options.

They could do that, or they could strip courts from power to hear certain matters.

I think the Democrats have to start playing "What would the Republicans do?" game, and then do that. Playing nice, as far as one can play nice in politics, doesn't work. The Republicans do what they want and don't give a crap. Game on.

Reducing funding for the courts is not the way to go about this. The Ginsburg seat is lost. Pack the court. Abolish the filibuster.

I would rather defund than pack it, but thats just me.

I have to admit part of this is my hatred of the court system after dealing with the family courts, so I may be biased on wanting the whole institution to burn....

Wouldn’t another option be to change the threshold for impeachment and simply wipe out the entire Trump presidency? Pass a bill that removes every judicial nomination and start over.

Let the cons do the same. There’s something nice about elections mattering more. Ds outnumber Rs. Anything that motivates people to vote is to their advantage.

Win some elections

I don't think Congress can defund a court established directly by the constitution anymore than it can defund the entire executive branch. One branch of government cannot destroy another.

I read somewhere that they can. Sorry, can't find the link.
Good. We will need to pack all the courts. We already know the GOP gameplan when they lose the WH, House, and Senate. They will take every last Biden EO and Dem passed law to the SCOTUS. And SCOTUS will strike all of these new laws down out of spite.

Pack the courts. The majority must take back control.

Win some elections

I don't think Congress can defund a court established directly by the constitution anymore than it can defund the entire executive branch. One branch of government cannot destroy another.

Agreed. I meant slow roll more than defund. Congress can certainly reduce appropriations and judicial salaries. As noted, that would be dangerous.

Enjoy your life isolated with a monkey

Kingpin7.JPG

"You got a Monkey?"

Its a zero sum game, we win, they lose, They win, we lose.

Thats how we play it from now on. No more honor or tradition.

ADVERTISEMENT