ADVERTISEMENT

Could Washington, DC defend itself against a drone swarm armed with deadly missiles?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Let's say a terrorist connected with Iran managed to bring a boat to the international waters off Washington, DC and unleashed a swarm of drones armed with missiles intent on bombing our leaders.

Would radar even detect this?

What would our response look like?

Jet fighters aren't much help against hundreds of mosquitoes.

According to multiple websites military radars can pick up drones. The U.S. operates some extremely powerful radars along the east coast.
img01-004-03.jpg

According to multiple websites military radars can pick up drones. The U.S. operates some extremely powerful radars along the east coast.
img01-004-03.jpg

What if the drones flew really low to the ground?

And even if that badass radar detects them and differentiates them from ducks or geese, what exactly would we do about it?

By far, by FAR, our greatest threat to democracy, to economy, to environment, is internal. And no, I don't mean drag queens or antifa or women being able to choose birth control or groomers who masquerade as millions of public school teachers or communists or Hunter or Hilary or Soros or those blacklisted on the House UnAmerican Activities Committee or hippies or minorities or any other "enemy" conjured by white supremacy and christian fascism.

Seems like some EMF or heart attack rays should work against them.

DC just asked for the National Guard because 4,000 Mexicans moved in. This is of course after allowing the Capitol to be overrun by 60 year old MAGAS with fatigues and home made nunchucks. I think any sort of organized attack would be trouble for them.
You forgot that badass buffalo headdress that probably came with the Buffalo Bill Cowboy Decoder Ring.

Seriously I would hope there are levels upon levels of stuff protecting DC after some terrorists were able to fly a plane into the Pentagon 21 years ago.

By far, by FAR, our greatest threat to democracy, to economy, to environment, is internal. And no, I don't mean drag queens or antifa or women being able to choose birth control or groomers who masquerade as millions of public school teachers or communists or Hunter or Hilary or Soros or those blacklisted on the House UnAmerican Activities Committee or hippies or minorities or any other "enemy" conjured by white supremacy and christian fascism.
You have just said "Not Portland".

Ok. Because you made a post about us doing a drone strike and then made a post asking if they could do it to us while describing the completely wrong kind of drone.

Attack drones don't have to be big and they're certainly cheaper than jet fighters.

Iran is apparently selling drones to RUSSIA!

That's not a good thing, and I hope we're winning the drones race.

Let's say a terrorist connected with Iran managed to bring a boat to the international waters off Washington, DC and unleashed a swarm of drones armed with missiles intent on bombing our leaders.

Would radar even detect this?

What would our response look like?

Jet fighters aren't much help against hundreds of mosquitoes.

Well first of all the closest international waters is about 160 miles from DC. The ONLY drone Iran operates that has the range to reach DC are the large “Predator” sized drones used by their official military. You‘d basically need an aircraft carrier (which they don’t have) to launch it as they require almost as much runway as a traditional airplane to take off. Plus we’d see it miles away.

The types of drones you’re really afraid of are the little handheld ones which have a range of just a few miles. The Phoenix Ghost Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems that America uses as our frontline handheld drone only has a range of 10 miles. So those tiny drones aren’t going from the shore of Delaware to the White House anytime soon.

Second, those tiny drones are easy to knock out with radio jammers, microwave emitters that broadcast in nearly 360 degrees and low grade lasers. The White House definitively has the first two and allegedly has the latter.

Reactions: The Tradition
6omyv4.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Flie
ADVERTISEMENT