ADVERTISEMENT

Countries that initially handled COVID well...

And that my internet friend is the real problem. We have a very unhealthy society and people don’t care. Fat fat fat.

OpenSpectacularGallinule-size_restricted.gif

I have no idea where these different sites get their data or if they are accurate, but this one is interesting. It shows similar current R values between the U.S. individual states and much of Europe, but predicts a much larger percentage in the U.S. having been infected previously (like 20.5% in New York, 15% in Texas, etc.) than in Europe (like 2.2% in Germany).

https://covid19-projections.com/maps/

https://covid19-projections.com/maps-europe/

Their "average recovery time" isn't remotely reasonable, based on most research works I've seen. Wondering what other assumptions they're making that aren't very reliable and vastly impact their maps....

And yet our average lifespan continues to get longer.

There is a problem with obesity but it isn't THE problem. There are many non-obese people with conditions that put them at risk. But you're right about people not caring - too many care only for themselves and not others. That is a lot closer to THE problem than obesity.
Well I am forced to no other conclusion than you’re fat.

Duh, because we always do everything better than everyone else. There is no possibility anyone can do anything better than us. We are the best at everything because USA! USA! USA!
And if some doesn’t agree with SSG T, just ask an American who has never left the country. :)

Nursing homes should be locked down, bars and indoor dining closed. Online only schools for all levels, no sports at any level. No church services, there should be nothing allowed that creates large gatherings of people.
And away we go.....

Duh, because we always do everything better than everyone else. There is no possibility anyone can do anything better than us. We are the best at everything because USA! USA! USA!
And if some doesn’t agree with SSG T, just ask an American who has never left the country. :)

I never said it did not matter. If you look above the test rates I found show a USA testing about 1.9x, but no problem let's go with your numbers. They are both in the same ballpark anyway.

Again, from my post above, Germany has a 0.7% positivity rate on tests. We have over 8%. So their undocumented cases circulating in the population are almost certainly WAY under ours on a per capita basis. So if anything, the undocumented spread would add to our rate more than it adds to Germany's.

In any event, 2x testing does not cancel out a 68x active case rate.

That would depend on who is being tested don't you think?

If you own a bar, I would be looking for a way to sell it immediately. There will be hardly any that survive in the new normal. If you own a restaurant, your business plan needs to be centered around take out and delivery. Restaurants that depend on indoor dining will not survive in the new normal.

Which, if Mitch gave a shit, would pass the Democratic relief bill that's been sitting on his desk since May and maybe that would help these businesses make it to next year. But he doesn't give a shit and only wants to protect businesses from getting sued for forcing workers to risk their lives.

Reactions: pjhawk
I’m pretty sure you are both fat and stupid.
No. 160 lbs. 6-0. 5 lbs less than when I graduated HS.

Road bike 10-30 miles 4x/week.

I do have a bit of a carb problem though, love my cake and dessert. ;)

And the comparison is not accurate. People crammed in shoulder-to-should vs. those walking with at least a few feet between them. A more accurate comparison would be tailgating and protesting. My thinking is both would be relatively safe if everyone wore a mask. But everyone won't, so....
Yep really have a lot of space in between each of the protestors.

https://images.app.goo.gl/i1dvm9HkVqzaJZor7

I have no idea where these different sites get their data or if they are accurate, but this one is interesting. It shows similar current R values between the U.S. individual states and much of Europe, but predicts a much larger percentage in the U.S. having been infected previously (like 20.5% in New York, 15% in Texas, etc.) than in Europe (like 2.2% in Germany).

https://covid19-projections.com/maps/

https://covid19-projections.com/maps-europe/
O so you mean we are closer to herd immunity than most of Europe?

You mean like just about everything this country did for the first 200 years that now those of your similar beliefs and mental illness are hell-bent on tearing down? Good point.

You talking about Trump and the MAGAs or the Communist bc both of those groups are trying to tear the country down at this current point in time.

You do realize that in Germany the date convention is DD/MM. This story is from April 7, not July 4th. Not sure why we should ignore the last four months, but you do you.

At this point I am done trying to help you understand that other countries have had better responses than the US since you seem to want to ignore actual facts.

Please continue to ignore all the data and go confidently about your business, safe in your belief that no other country could possibly have done a better job than ours in fighting this pandemic. I mean we are the greatest country on Earth . . . even with Donald Trump at the helm what could possibly go wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT