ADVERTISEMENT

Couple thoughts on Noah Fant

Josh Helmholdt

HB Legend
Staff
Sep 23, 2001
I'm heading out to cover some games in Cincinnati this weekend, but wanted to drop some thoughts on Noah Fant. I first saw Fant live at the Rivals Camp in St. Louis this past May (had seen him on-film prior, obviously). He measured 6-5, 210 pounds there and worked out at defensive end. At that point the sum of the parts was greater than the whole - he is definitely a long and explosive player, but struggled at the point of attack and if he didn't hit on the speed rush, then he was stymied.

We did not know Fant was going to work out at TE that day as well, but after the OL-DL work was over, he jumped into TE 1on1's. Sounds like that is where Iowa projects him and on that day Fant definitely looked better running routes than he did playing DE. His speed is on the plus-side for the position and he was a natural mover there, showed a decent pair of hands. He has some rough edges at that position too that need some polishing, but overall has high upside. I am definitely interested in seeing him this season for Omaha South and seeing how far he has come from a development standpoint. Like the pick-up, though, because this is a high reward type kid if Iowa can develop his natural physical gifts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News