ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Cases Growing in 11 States....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Isn't it interesting that they don't say, "COVID-19 Cases Decreasing in 39 States"????

Read on....

Covid-19 cases were growing by 5% or more, based on a weekly average to smooth out daily reporting, in 11 states as of Sunday, according to a CNBC analysis of data collected by Johns Hopkins University, an increase from eight states on Friday.

The states were Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Wisconsin hit a record high in its average of daily new cases, reporting 1,353 new infections, a roughly 32% increase from a week ago, the Hopkins data shows. Kansas and Montana both hit record highs for new deaths.

The new data comes two days after Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said current data on the U.S. Covid-19 outbreak is “disturbing,” disagreeing with President Donald Trump, who said the U.S. outbreak was “rounding the corner.”

While cases are growing in 11 states, the overall daily average of new cases in the U.S. is declining. Over the past seven days, the country has reported an average of about 34,300 new cases per day, down more than 15% compared with a week ago, according to a CNBC analysis of Hopkins data. That’s far lower than the roughly 70,000 new cases a day the U.S. was reporting weeks ago.

Still, the 34,300 new cases a day is alarmingly high, infectious disease experts say, and U.S. health officials fear the outbreak could get worse as the nation enters the fall and winter seasons.

🙄

It's all in how you frame it.

Iowa’s seven day new case average has gone from 1176 to 647 in two weeks. It’s not real meaningful, because it appeared there was a two-day anomaly back then - perhaps some back-dated cases - but while the “alarming” surge was breathlessly reported for several days, this return to the mean hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Iowa’s seven day new case average has gone from 1176 to 647 in two weeks. It’s not real meaningful, because it appeared there was a two-day anomaly back then - perhaps some back-dated cases - but while the “alarming” surge was breathlessly reported for several days, this return to the mean hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Well of course not.

It is normal to have more concern over what is getting worse compared to what is getting better. The experts say it will be concerning to go into winter with high levels of the disease anywhere.

Reactions: torbee
It is normal to have more concern over what is getting worse compared to what is getting better. The experts say it will be concerning to go into winter with high levels of the disease anywhere.

It won't be "winter" in Florida for months.

These eleven states account for about 2800 cases per day out of 35,000; and 37 deaths out of 760. And at least four of these states are not actually trending up. This is the kind of stuff that is not intended to inform, but to inflame.

NJ
Is not trending up. They’ve averaged about 350 cases per day since June and 10 deaths.

Maine
Isn’t even increasing when I look at Worldometer. They are averaging 24 cases a day and zero deaths.

RI
Is not trending up. 54 cases per day and 2 deaths.

Wisky
1000 cases per day and 7 deaths.

Alaska
77 cases a day and zero deaths.

Arkansas
Is actually tending down. 571 cases per day and 11 deaths.

CN
130 cases per day and zero deaths.

Nebby
275 cases per day and five deaths.

Delaware
Is up to a little over 100 cases per day and 2 deaths.

NH
32 cases per day and zero deaths

Wyoming
42 cases per day - where it has been since early July and zero deaths.

And you have the City of Houston where they've had a backlog and just recently started putting a disclaimer on the reporting numbers...except the Mayor isn't to continue to make it look worse than it really is. For reference the positivity % is down from 25.9% in mid-July to 6.6% as of last week. I know this isn't over and I'm still being precautious, but it is exhausting when they aren't honest because they want to make people more fearful.

Isn't it interesting that they don't say, "COVID-19 Cases Decreasing in 39 States"????

Read on....

Covid-19 cases were growing by 5% or more, based on a weekly average to smooth out daily reporting, in 11 states as of Sunday, according to a CNBC analysis of data collected by Johns Hopkins University, an increase from eight states on Friday.

The states were Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Wisconsin hit a record high in its average of daily new cases, reporting 1,353 new infections, a roughly 32% increase from a week ago, the Hopkins data shows. Kansas and Montana both hit record highs for new deaths.

The new data comes two days after Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said current data on the U.S. Covid-19 outbreak is “disturbing,” disagreeing with President Donald Trump, who said the U.S. outbreak was “rounding the corner.”

While cases are growing in 11 states, the overall daily average of new cases in the U.S. is declining. Over the past seven days, the country has reported an average of about 34,300 new cases per day, down more than 15% compared with a week ago, according to a CNBC analysis of Hopkins data. That’s far lower than the roughly 70,000 new cases a day the U.S. was reporting weeks ago.

Still, the 34,300 new cases a day is alarmingly high, infectious disease experts say, and U.S. health officials fear the outbreak could get worse as the nation enters the fall and winter seasons.

🙄

So according to you Iowa is doing a good job? Ok lol

Because this isn’t about keeping the public informed. It’s about keeping the public scared.

And you have the City of Houston where they've had a backlog and just recently started putting a disclaimer on the reporting numbers...except the Mayor isn't to continue to make it look worse than it really is. For reference the positivity % is down from 25.9% in mid-July to 6.6% as of last week. I know this isn't over and I'm still being precautious, but it is exhausting when they aren't honest because they want to make people more fearful.

"because they want to make people more fearful."
And people like yourself keep pushing this false narrative. Who is "they", btw?

When did you decide to leave the world of reality? Was there some special event? Was it 9/11, or something similar?

Reactions: torbee

Read on....

🙄

#GoodThingCovidCannotCrossStateLines

Reactions: TheCainer
I wear a mask and I don’t care.

besides school, college sports, and not being able to go to pro games life is pretty normal IMO.

Reactions: EagleHawk
I saw on the national news we'll be to 600k deaths by November?
Some on here were pretty f***ing worried we'd be into the millions dead before July...........and still pretty worried that a million could be dead by the end of the year if things don't change DRASTICALLY.

Just sayin....

I wear a mask and I don’t care.

besides school, college sports, and not being able to go to pro games life is pretty normal IMO.

School, however, is a HUGE deal for poor kids, middle class kids, and special needs kids.

And not being able to travel overseas. We had four trips planned over the next 18 months that are all in jeopardy. We already had to cancel a NYC trip in April, and Fauci is saying Broadway should stay closed through the end of 2021!

And our daughter can’t come home to visit from college without having to move into a “quarantine dorm” for two weeks.

I understand what you’re saying, but things are a long ways from feeling normal.

Read on....

🙄

Reading comprehension is hard. 11 states greater than 5% higher weekly average than it was a week ago. This does not imply 39 states are decreasing. All we know is 39 states did not see 5% growth in their weekly average. For example, they could have grown 4%, gone down 3%, or been completely flat.

Eh1ddjFUcAAkoS5

Reactions: TheCainer
Reading comprehension is hard. 11 states greater than 5% higher weekly average than it was a week ago. This does not imply 39 states are decreasing. All we know is 39 states did not see 5% growth in their weekly average. For example, they could have grown 4%, gone down 3%, or been completely flat.

The five percent threshold is important. I'll let you google it to find out why.

"because they want to make people more fearful."
And people like yourself keep pushing this false narrative. Who is "they", btw?

When did you decide to leave the world of reality? Was there some special event? Was it 9/11, or something similar?
People like myself. Yeah ok, I can tell its not going to be even worth my time to respond but I will try and clarify.

I have never left the world of reality, I am angry about how the President handled this. I've taken this seriously from the start and still continue to. Worn a mask before it was required and avoided any gatherings. I've seen my parents twice in 6 months, because they are higher risk. However, I also don't like that the local government is trying to push that things are still as out of control when the situation has improved in our area greatly in the last two months. The Health Authority for the Houston Health Department even said so during the City of Houston Press Conference last week.

But hey, apparently I'm a "blowhard" in your mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT