ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

No, I am basically saying some of us have brains and can think for outselves, while some of you are brainless and require a totalitarian to tie your velcro shoes.

And the thing of it is, I don't even care that you need a totalitarian to tie your velcro shoes. I only care that you think others should be forced to suffer by virtue of your incompetence.

26,000 COVID cases across US universities, 0 hospitalizations. Why, exactly, do we give any craps whatsoever if a college kid tests positive for COVID? At some point, does the data not matter? This should be greeted as great news. This is a pandemic where we actually know who is at risk and can focus our resources on protecting those people. But no, we are running around saying that kids can't be in school and sports can't be played. Insane.

Corrupt because she doesn't fit your obvious political narrative?

Why don't we all admit that EVERYONE got it wrong at the Covid-19 outset. From Fauci to Cuomo to Trump to Pelosi. Fair Enough?
Fair enough? Absolutely not. Who had the first access to Covid info? I'll help you out because it appears you are having difficulty with that cognitve thinking process Trump brags about.

Trump knew about this in January as we now learn from the Woodward tapes. JANUARY!

So save the horseshit deflection and put the blame where it belongs. JANUARY!

And injecting Pelosi's name into this is utterly stupid. You should be ashamed, but I bet you're not.

You are a loon, with sincere apologies to other loons.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Fair enough? Absolutely not. Who had the first access to Covid info? I'll help you out because it appears you are having difficulty with that cognitve thinking process Trump brags about.

Trump knew about this in January as we now learn from the Woodward tapes. JANUARY!

And injecting Pelosi's name into this is utterly stupid. You should be ashamed, but I bet you're not.

China, China had the first access to Covid info. You rememeber that right? This started in China and 45 didn't actually create it

This whole thing is political and it oozes from the Governor's office. Kimmy is being erratic in her decisions and she's not showing any consistency. Shutting down bars in only six counties? Yet she's fighting mask mandates and changing metrics on a weekly basis. Knowingly releasing incorrect cases data, then lying when caught.

She's the most corrupt Governor since her mentor.
Then don't vote for her when the time comes.
That is what you have control of.
Spewing your hatred for her does nothing but make you look bad.

No, I am basically saying some of us have brains and can think for outselves, while some of you are brainless and require a totalitarian to tie your velcro shoes.

And the thing of it is, I don't even care that you need a totalitarian to tie your velcro shoes. I only care that you think others should be forced to suffer by virtue of your incompetence.

I still have no idea what you are saying. Are you saying that by me wearing a mask when asked I am following a totalitarian ideology? I am able to go about my everyday life with a temporary mandate........ You are completely lost in politics aren't you. Poor guy. And before telling people they are brainless, try spell check. It is a nice feature. Otherwise it is hard to take you seriously.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
I am likely obtuse, but seriously 1 case causes the entire team to quarantine for 2 weeks? How does this make sense?

Mandated by the CDC and local IDPH agencies for contract tracing. It starts as 2 weeks and usually does not end up being that long.

I still have no idea what you are saying. Are you saying that by me wearing a mask when asked I am following a totalitarian ideology? I am able to go about my everyday life with a temporary mandate........ You are completely lost in politics aren't you. Poor guy. And before telling people they are brainless, try spell check. It is a nice feature. Otherwise it is hard to take you seriously.

Well, what I was saying is exactly what I said.

But what I'm saying now is that you're also too dumb to know the difference between "mandate", and "when asked".

And also I that you've really got me chomping at the bit for your next dumb comment.

Well, what I was saying is exactly what I said, your inability to comprehend notwithstanding.

But what I'm saying now is that you're also too dumb to know the difference between "mandate", and "when asked".

And also I that you've really got me chomping at the bit to read your next dumb comment.

Well, what I was saying is exactly what I said.

And also I that you've really got me chomping at the bit for your next dumb comment.

So why, if you want to watch Iowa Hawkeye Football, and wearing a mask might get that to happen in 2020, would you not wear it for a mandate? A mandate that is not written into the constitution as a law is temporary is it not? And in most cases it is strongly recommended..... And I am for playing games and going out in public. I just wear a mask when around a lot of people. I will admit I do not wear it ALL the time. Just in a store. If work requires it, If events require it, etc. Why? because I want to do things that I used to do. I also know that this disease does affect people differently. In fact I know a co workers son that is 33 went to the hospital with no underlying conditions because he passed out in the shower and could not breathe. He also went to the ER and is still in the hospital because he stopped breathing in the ER waiting room...... It is not about your "FREEDOM" from "totalitarian" ideologies. When are you going to get that?

So why, if you want to watch Iowa Hawkeye Football, and wearing a mask might get that to happen in 2020, would you not wear it for a mandate? A mandate that is not written into the constitution as a law is temporary is it not? And in most cases it is strongly recommended..... And I am for playing games and going out in public. I just wear a mask when around a lot of people. I will admit I do not wear it ALL the time. Just in a store. If work requires it, If events require it, etc. Why? because I want to do things that I used to do. I also know that this disease does affect people differently. In fact I know a co workers son that is 33 went to the hospital with no underlying conditions because he passed out in the shower and could not breathe. He also went to the ER and is still in the hospital because he stopped breathing in the ER waiting room...... It is not about your "FREEDOM" from "totalitarian" ideologies. When are you going to get that?

It's absolutely about freedom from authoritarians. You don't seem to understand the difference between civil society and political society, which leaves you defenseless in the face of totalitarians who seek to exploit the gullible. Adam Smith explained this 200 years ago in "The Wealth of Nations":

"The man of system…is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamoured with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government, that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it… He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chess-board. He does not consider that in the great chess-board of human society, every single piece has a principle of motion of its own, altogether different from that which the legislature might choose to impress upon it."

If you imagine others know more about how you live your life than you know, by all means feel free to kneel and lick the boots of your master. Just quit imagining others share your incapacity.

Reactions: haw-key
If C19 is so bad why are there no bio-hazard receptacles in parking lots and such? Why do they let folks toss their masks and gloves willy-nilly in the parking lots, streets, etc? Why are they allowing riots and looting but not football (all are organized events)? Why are they allowing a cotton bandanna\neck sleeve to be considered "safe" against such a virus when aerosolized particles can get through a N95 mask?

INfluenza hits people of all ages with\without underlying conditions (such as your friends 33 year old son, whom by the way I hope is doing better). The current flu vaccine has an efficacy of 40%.

C19 is something we will have to learn to live with, just like H1N1 and the others.

If C19 is so bad why are there no bio-hazard receptacles in parking lots and such? Why do they let folks toss their masks and gloves willy-nilly in the parking lots, streets, etc? Why are they allowing riots and looting but not football (all are organized events)? Why are they allowing a cotton bandanna\neck sleeve to be considered "safe" against such a virus when aerosolized particles can get through a N95 mask?

INfluenza hits people of all ages with\without underlying conditions (such as your friends 33 year old son, whom by the way I hope is doing better). The current flu vaccine has an efficacy of 40%.

C19 is something we will have to learn to live with, just like H1N1 and the others.
Who has died from CO2 from a mask? You people are nuts. America is free, but wearing a mask? holy crap that is infringing on rights during a pandemic. Other countries are doing this to make America look bad right? The flu efficacy changes from year to year. So going by past data is irrelevant to say the least.

And.... there was a vaccine for H1N1, and it was not as deadly as Covid. Pretty pointless to bring up.

It's absolutely about freedom from authoritarians. You don't seem to understand the difference between civil society and political society, which leaves you defenseless in the face of totalitarians who seek to exploit the gullible. Adam Smith explained this 200 years ago in "The Wealth of Nations":

"The man of system…is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamoured with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government, that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it… He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chess-board. He does not consider that in the great chess-board of human society, every single piece has a principle of motion of its own, altogether different from that which the legislature might choose to impress upon it."

If you imagine others know more about how you live your life than you know, by all means feel free to kneel and lick the boots of your master. Just quit imagining others share your incapacity.

You must hate paying taxes to then. Or anything that uses your money for the public right?

You must hate paying taxes to then. Or anything that uses your money for the public right?

We have Constitution. It stipulates a very narrow range of roles for the federal government, and leaves all else to the people or the states. The vast majority of current spending is outside of those enumerated federal powers. That money should be returned to the citizens that earned it. Additionally, even within those enumerated powers, spending is way too high. Just because the COnstitution provides authority to the knuckle-draggers to provide for a national defense doesn't mean it gives them carte blanche to spend any wild amount of OPM they might fancy. So yes, of course, taxes are waaaaaaay too high.

Or again, as Adam Smith observed:

"The statesman who should attempt to direct private people in what manner they ought to employ their capitals, would not only load himself with a most unnecessary attention, but assume an authority which could safely be trusted, not only to no single person, but to no council or senate whatever, and which would nowhere be so dangerous as in the hands of a man who had folly and presumption enough to fancy himself fit to exercise it."

and

"It is the highest impertinence and presumption… in kings and ministers, to pretend to watch over the economy of private people, and to restrain their expense... They are themselves always, and without any exception, the greatest spendthrifts in the society. Let them look well after their own expense, and they may safely trust private people with theirs. If their own extravagance does not ruin the state, that of their subjects never will."

But, hey, all is not lost. I'll staunchly defend your right to share all the fruits of your labor with the mouth-breathers that you might desire. You know, "for the public". Just quit the stealing.

We have Constitution. It stipulates a very narrow range of roles for the federal government, and leaves all else to the people or the states. The vast majority of current spending is outside of those enumerated federal powers. That money should be returned to the citizens that earned it. Additionally, even within those enumerated powers, spending is way too high. Just because the COnstitution provides authority to the knuckle-draggers to provide for a national defense doesn't mean it gives them carte blanche to spend any wild amount of OPM they might fancy. So yes, of course, taxes are waaaaaaay too high.

Or again, as Adam Smith observed:

"The statesman who should attempt to direct private people in what manner they ought to employ their capitals, would not only load himself with a most unnecessary attention, but assume an authority which could safely be trusted, not only to no single person, but to no council or senate whatever, and which would nowhere be so dangerous as in the hands of a man who had folly and presumption enough to fancy himself fit to exercise it."

and

"It is the highest impertinence and presumption… in kings and ministers, to pretend to watch over the economy of private people, and to restrain their expense... They are themselves always, and without any exception, the greatest spendthrifts in the society. Let them look well after their own expense, and they may safely trust private people with theirs. If their own extravagance does not ruin the state, that of their subjects never will."

But, hey, all is not lost. I'll staunchly defend your right to share all the fruits of your labor with the mouth-breathers that you might desire. You know, "for the public". Just quit the stealing.
Is your life this black and white or do you allow a little gray area?

Gray area? what the hell is that now days.
There is no middle ground to negotiate to anymore.
It all seems to black or white now days.

I live in the gray area. Everyone that has little flexibility lives in a fantasy world. Believing your rights are violated while wearing a mask to do normal things until a pandemic is over or in better control is not bowing down to whatever people think is being worshiped. It is being flexible in a time that is beyond bizarre.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Is your life this black and white or do you allow a little gray area?

The question you should be asking yourself is not why my life is so simple, but rather why yours is so confused.

It could have something to do with your absurd notion that flexibility isn't acheived by putting decision-making in the hands of the right people who make decisions for the right reasons (individual citizens), but rather in the hands of authoritarians who make one-size-fits-all decisions that eliminate flexibility.

But hey, keep trying to catch your tail. It's not as though you've got anything else going on.

Last edited:
It would have been easier for you to just say "all of them".
See, I am lost again, not sure on your point you are trying to make. All of them? of what? Acting smart and being smart are 2 very different things. Exhibit A with all of your attempts.

See, I am lost again, not sure on your point you are trying to make. All of them? of what? Acting smart and being smart are 2 very different things. Exhibit A with all of your attempts.

Of course you're lost. You don't know the difference between "mandate" and "asked". You thnk greater flexibility is acheived through authoritarians one-size-fits-all edicts. You're not smart enough to know what is meant when someone asks you "which word(s) escaped you this time"? You imagine statements wear boots.

You were born "lost", and have spent each day since falling further and further behind the rest of humanity.

• Haha
Reactions: CalmHawk
Of course you're lost. You don't know the difference between "mandate" and "asked". You thnk greater flexibility is acheived through authoritarians one-size-fits-all edicts. You're not smart enough to know what is meant when someone asks you "which word(s) escaped you this time"? You imagine statements wear boots.

You were born "lost", and have spent each day since falling further and further behind the rest of humanity.

Ahh, now I get it. You are older and hate being flexible with new ideas if it does not benefit you.

I before E except after C

I before E except after C

You're one impressive typist. That and your propensity for parading around HR in yur pointy white cap is quite impressive for a worthless incompetent who is perpetually lost.

The one saving grace is that nobody expects an imbecile like you to even attempt to address the content of my posts.

You're one impressive typist. That and your propensity for parading around HR in yur pointy white cap is quite impressive for a worthless incompetent who is perpetually lost.
Spell check bro. I am good. I am not the reason America cannot move forward. I am part of the solution, not the problem. You are continually stuck in the 80s with your idea of normal.

Spell check bro. I am good. I am not the reason America cannot move forward. I am part of the solution, not the problem. You are continually stuck in the 80s with your idea of normal.

Those of you who are "lost" are part of the problem. Well, on second thought, perhaps all of the problem.

Absolutely NOT. I look at both sides (not just one) and make a logical choice. Im a centralist - not a radical lefty on a hate mission. BTW Mitchy- your living in your own prison and don't even know it. Lighten up and have beer and get laid dude. Schmuck. BTW nice new hairdo Pelosi. Hypocrisy Libby Troll. U blocked

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT