ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

Says the guy that licks the boots of 200 year old statements

What does the age of the statement have to do with whether or not it's true? Just because the Constitution is older than 2 weeks means that it's invalid? That doesn't make any sense. Newton published his theory of gravity in the late 1600's. Let's not pay attention to that, it's old.

What does the age of the statement have to do with whether or not it's true? Just because the Constitution is older than 2 weeks means that it's invalid? That doesn't make any sense. Newton published his theory of gravity in the late 1600's. Let's not pay attention to that, it's old.

The statement was brought up because wearing a mask is totalitarian or whatever the dude is saying a temporary mask mandate is. It is like he is saying we live in a country like China or North Korea. He is lost.

Dude, you do know it is OK to compromise right? People like you are keeping normal from happening again.

Except when you're dumb enough to allow totalitarians to dictate whether or not you can go to school, go to work, go out to dinner, go to the gym, go to a football game go............. Then it is absolutely not OK to compromise. Instead, you must remain a loyal little sheep, bowing to lick the boots of your superiors.

Reactions: pmtdc
The statement was brought up because wearing a mask is totalitarian or whatever the dude is saying a temporary mask mandate is. It is like he is saying we live in a country like China or North Korea. He is lost.

See if you can wrap your hollow melon around this:

1. It's not about the mask.

2. It is about the mandate.

Try not to hurt yourself.

Except when you're dumb enough to allow totalitarians to dictate whether or not you can go to school, go to work, go out to dinner, go to the gym, go to a football game go............. Then it is absolutely not OK to compromise. Instead, you must remain a loyal little sheep, bowing to lick the boots of your superiors.
Relax a bit. All of that is allowed now as long as cases for this thing are not out of hand locally. So you were mad when this thing started out and the President shut stuff down for like 30 days?

No we don't live in a country like China or NK, which means our elected officials do not have the stated or implied power to tell us how to live our daily lives.

No we don't live in a country like China or NK, which means our elected officials do not have the stated or implied power to tell us how to live our daily lives.
So, in a time where precautions were necessary and needed to be taken. You would have rather not had or have mandates to protect people while figuring out how to navigate something like this? We learn more everyday. I for one am glad we error on the side of caution than just doing something and saying oops. Everything is pretty much normal besides wearing a mask in public places and large gatherings for concerts and sports.

The ignorance of saying this thing will not effect me has hit close to home for a lot of people I know. Now all of a sudden following a mandate of protection makes sense to them. IT IS TEMPORARY for goodness sake. They have literally said if everyone wears a mask for 4-6 weeks this thing will be very much under control. But..... it is not under control because Freedom

Relax a bit. All of that is allowed now as long as cases for this thing are not out of hand locally. So you were mad when this thing started out and the President shut stuff down for like 30 days?

No, in very many places some or all of that is not allowed now. Try getting out of your cave sometime.

And seriously, are you really dumb enough to imagine I dislike totalitarains now but didn't like totalitarians previously? I'm guessing you probably are because you seem completely oblivous to the fact that the POTUS didn't shut down the economy.

So, in a time where precautions were necessary and needed to be taken. You would have rather not had or have mandates to protect people while figuring out how to navigate something like this? We learn more everyday. I for one am glad we error on the side of caution than just doing something and saying oops. Everything is pretty much normal besides wearing a mask in public places and large gatherings for concerts and sports.

The ignorance of saying this thing will not effect me has hit close to home for a lot of people I know. Now all of a sudden following a mandate of protection makes sense to them. IT IS TEMPORARY for goodness sake. They have literally said if everyone wears a mask for 4-6 weeks this thing will be very much under control. But..... it is not under control because Freedom

Lockdowns have killed many people. Totalitarians killing people is never necessary. Neither is being dumb enough to allow others to think on your behalf.

Lockdowns have killed many people. Totalitarians killing people is never necessary. Neither is being dumb enough to allow others to think on your behalf.

Who has died from a lockdown? There is no actually data that says death due to lockdown. Just Hearsay

No, in very many places some or all of that is not allowed now. Try getting out of your cave sometime.

And seriously, are you really dumb enough to imagine I dislike totalitarains now but didn't like totalitarians previously? I'm guessing you probably are because you seem completely oblivous to the fact that the POTUS didn't shut down the economy.
Dude he did shut down gatherings and limited them

Who has died from a lockdown? There is no actually data that says death due to lockdown. Just Hearsay

No, it's not just hearsay that suicides, drug overdoes, domestic violence are skyrocketing. Nor is is hearsay that many people were denied medical care by lockdowns that banned many "non-essential" services. In fact, according to a white paper released earlier this year by electronic medical records company Epic, many cancer screenings, tumor biopsies, stroke treatments, oran transplants, and other such services banned by the lockdowns were down 90% between April and May. Their data mirrored information previously released by medical billion company Komodo Healthcare.

This is why researchers at Stanford University have estimated the lockdowns will cost 2.2 million life-years, far above the level of life-years lost to the virus.

No, he didn't. The POTUS has no authority to shit down or limit gatherings. That was all done by state governors.

The stupid just never stops with you around.

Sweet grammar error, and I should have said he suggested the limit of gatherings to 10 at the start. He also shut down travel. He did give the states authority. And states still do have the authority, so how is that even close to a totalitarian government if he is leaving it up to the states? I may have baited you into that one.

No, it's not just hearsay that suicides, drug overdoes, domestic violence are skyrocketing. Nor is is hearsay that many people were denied medical care by lockdowns that banned many "non-essential" services. In fact, according to a white paper released earlier this year by electronic medical records company Epic, many cancer screenings, tumor biopsies, stroke treatments, oran transplants, and other such services banned by the lockdowns were down 90% between April and May. Their data mirrored information previously released by medical billion company Komodo Healthcare.

This is why researchers at Stanford University have estimated the lockdowns will cost 2.2 million life-years, far above the level of life-years lost to the virus.
I have looked for numbers on suicides, drug overdose, domestic violence etc and there are no definitive figures for them. If you look at the past 5-10 years those numbers have gone up every year for suicides, likely due to the fact of social media popularity.

Those screenings probably were at clinics that were not open, but hospitals were open and doing the screenings so if a cancer patient needed to be seen, all they had to do was going to the hospital and get the same type of service. video chats were and are still being done. Labs are open and test being ran, I should know I have had to go get those done myself amid the "restrictions". There were plenty of active cases going on with cancer patients. I kind of have an in on that front so not a good arguing point for you. Estimated deaths? kind of like how Covid had a bunch of estimated deaths if there was not precautions put into place? Cancer is a preexisting condition so they would have died anyway (see what I did there, you know the main arguing point for covid deaths among people that think like you). The Lockdown may have created mental health issues, but the lockdown is over. Places are open and you can go do things. I have done it, with a mask on at most places, and my mental health is fine. Schools are open and children a loving being at school. some places are not open and that is due to high case counts in certain areas. I am for in person school and my kids go to in person school, but they mandate a mask. My kids do not care at all.

I have looked for numbers on suicides, drug overdose, domestic violence etc and there are no definitive figures for them. If you look at the past 5-10 years those numbers have gone up every year for suicides, likely due to the fact of social media popularity.

Those screenings probably were at clinics that were not open, but hospitals were open and doing the screenings so if a cancer patient needed to be seen, all they had to do was going to the hospital and get the same type of service. video chats were and are still being done. Labs are open and test being ran, I should know I have had to go get those done myself amid the "restrictions". There were plenty of active cases going on with cancer patients. I kind of have an in on that front so not a good arguing point for you. Estimated deaths? kind of like how Covid had a bunch of estimated deaths if there was not precautions put into place? Cancer is a preexisting condition so they would have died anyway (see what I did there, you know the main arguing point for covid deaths among people that think like you). The Lockdown may have created mental health issues, but the lockdown is over. Places are open and you can go do things. I have done it, with a mask on at most places, and my mental health is fine. Schools are open and children a loving being at school. some places are not open and that is due to high case counts in certain areas. I am for in person school and my kids go to in person school, but they mandate a mask. My kids do not care at all.

Again, the data is clear. Epic and Komodo Health both kind of have an in on all that data. It's an in that isn't available to science-denying boot-lickers like you.

And the lockdowns aren't even close to over. Many schools are closed (virtually all of them around me, and many other areas as well).

It's obviouly no use trying ot educate you. As the old saying goes, "you can lead a dunce to data, but you can't make him think".

Either that or we can "half ass" it and have it drag on for two years.

What's your choice?
I hope Biden shuts it down tight and the economy tanks like nothing we have ever experienced ever. That will destroy your side for a generation.

the hospitals are just swamped now.

either there is a vaccine or we live with it. You are not going to SIP it away.

Last edited:
I hope Biden shuts it down tight and the economy tanks like nothing we have ever experienced ever. That will destroy your side for a generation.

the hospitals are just swamped now.

either there is a vaccine or we live with it. You are not going to SIP it away.
Yep, Trump's and Kimmy's approach is working SO well. And I'm glad you recognize how hospitals in various parts of the country are, or have been, overwhelmed. The Republicans that sought to look the other way just to attempt to help Trump's reelection efforts will be paying a price for their negligence.

If we shut the economy down again, we may never recover. Is that what you want?
No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying we're paying a steep price for a half assed effort from certain GOP officials.

Just like the Iowa Governor picking and choosing six counties to shut down bars. And by coincidence, all six are predominately progressive/left leaning counties. Imagine the planning that decision took?

And.... there was a vaccine for H1N1, and it was not as deadly as Covid. Pretty pointless to bring up.
Not initially there wasn’t. I’m trying to remember back but seems like we were at least 3
months from onset to vaccine.

Yep, Trump's and Kimmy's approach is working SO well. And I'm glad you recognize how hospitals in various parts of the country are, or have been, overwhelmed. The Republicans that sought to look the other way just to attempt to help Trump's reelection efforts will be paying a price for their negligence.
My hospital in Iowa (you know, the new hotspot) isn’t even remotely close to being overwhelmed. Very low admission vs pos test rate.

Either this virus is weakening or it was much more broadly spread early on than we knew and the most vulnerable have passed. I favor the former.

Reactions: DogBoyRy and Yetty
If we shut the economy down again, we may never recover. Is that what you want?
Yes. Yes it is. Then he thinks we can move toward a UBI.

Screw guys like him. I’m done with the scare mongering.

I’ve known friends and taken care of a lot of COVID. Not saying the data is false, but not a single one of my patients has died OF COVID since this all started. Not one.

My hospital in Iowa (you know, the new hotspot) isn’t even remotely close to being overwhelmed. Very low admission vs pos test rate.

Either this virus is weakening or it was much more broadly spread early on than we knew and the most vulnerable have passed. I favor the former.
I hope you're correct. My point was that the Iowa Governor didn't really want to be a leader, and instead, came out with hey "I trust Iowans to do the right thing" mantra. That created the perception of minimizing the damage and scope of the virus.

And we've all read the reports that there are potentially longer lasting health concerns than just the "death count".

Reynold's has simply been overwhelmed with multiple issues occurring at the same time and looking indecisive.

Mitchll is the kind of guy that is always miserable. If he lives in your neighborhood you plan out your walk a couple blocks in advance to avoid being on his side of the street.

he wakes up pissed and his only chance for happiness is making somebody as miserable as he is through conversation.

don’t bother replying. Your on my ignore list now.

Reactions: dickster54
Mitchll is the kind of guy that is always miserable. If he lives in your neighborhood you plan out your walk a couple blocks in advance to avoid being on his side of the street.

he wakes up pissed and his only chance for happiness is making somebody as miserable as he is through conversation.

I don't believe you. You love reading my opinions.

I'm a realist. And I'm not gullible enough to believe politicians that take personal aspirations above the needs of the people that voted for them.

The current President is the worst of the modern era. AINEC

Last edited:

Nah, Mitch thinks if you have a D behind your name you're a saint. If you have a R behind you name you are the definition of evil 😈.

Back to the topic at hand... the Iowa Governor has used the Athletic Assns to "strong arm" Iowa high school programs and try and further her political goals of unquestioned support of the WH.

Lost in this controversy is the weak leadership from Kimmy and her corrupt IDPH.

And we've all read the reports that there are potentially longer lasting health concerns than just the "death count”

Fair post largely.

Thoughni would take issue with this statement. There seems to be a bit of a ‘moving the goalposts’ kinda thing going on aa fatality rate declines.

Not you particularly, it’s a lot of folks.

Back to the topic at hand... the Iowa Governor has used the Athletic Assns to "strong arm" Iowa high school programs and try and further her political goals of unquestioned support of the WH.

Lost in this controversy is the weak leadership from Kimmy and her corrupt IDPH.
You're still here? Incredible

My wife is a lab technician at a local hospital. She and her coworkers were down to three days per week during April and most of May because said hospital had eliminated all "non-essential" procedures. One of her colleagues accepted a contract at a Chicago-area hospital with guaranteed OT provision for the length of the contract. The medical profession refusing to see patients for fear of getting sick is akin to Catholic priests abandoning parishioners during the Plague.

My wife is a lab technician at a local hospital. She and her coworkers were down to three days per week during April and most of May because said hospital had eliminated all "non-essential" procedures. One of her colleagues accepted a contract at a Chicago-area hospital with guaranteed OT provision for the length of the contract. The medical profession refusing to see patients for fear of getting sick is akin to Catholic priests abandoning parishioners during the Plague.
I don't know where you live, but the banning/suspension of "elective/non essential" medical procedures was ordered by the Iowa Governor. The medical profession didn't "refuse" anything.

If you're not from Iowa... it's a Kimmy thing to selectively pick winners and losers based on your donor base.

People don't get that there are all kinds of laws and regulations that exist to keep us from harming others, such as laws against drunk driving, texting while driving, assault etc. The mask regulations have nothing to do with the mask wearers, and everything to do with preventing harm to those around them. Of course we may have a lot of drunk drivers on the board that think its OK, and that nobody has the right to impede their rights to do whatever they like.

I just find this discussion fascinating. But I am curious about your thoughts on seat belt laws, speed limits, OSHA, vehicle registration requirements, voting regualtions, vaccinations requirements, smoking regulations, etc....

Again, the data is clear. Epic and Komodo Health both kind of have an in on all that data. It's an in that isn't available to science-denying boot-lickers like you.

And the lockdowns aren't even close to over. Many schools are closed (virtually all of them around me, and many other areas as well).

It's obviouly no use trying ot educate you. As the old saying goes, "you can lead a dunce to data, but you can't make him think".

You do not have access to EPIC data. That is highly illegal dude. HIPPA? You cannot be this dense.

ADVERTISEMENT